• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Rally In Madison, Saturday Jan 19th (this saturday!)

anmut

Who's going?!

Copied from an email I received from Nik at WCI:

Greetings in Freedom,

While this is NOT a Wisconsin Carry event and we have no affiliation with the organizers of this rally, I felt compelled to at least pass along information about a pro-gun rally that is taking place this Saturday January 19th in Madison outside the Capitol Building.

A large number of folks will be gathering on the Capitol Square at noon on the eastern most corner of the Capitol Square (around the Hans Christian Heg statute) (corner of E. Main St and S. Pinckney St.)

The purpose of this rally is a show of support for the rights of law-abiding gun owners. It is part of a "guns across America" day with similar rallies at State Capitols across the country.
Link to facebook event page for this rally: http://www.facebook.com/events/330657227050445/

For those who cannot or do not wish to make a drive to Madison there is also a "gun appreciation day" movement this Saturday encouraging individuals to visit their local gun store, gun range, etc. to show their appreciation for the right to keep and bear arms. Details at this website: http://gunappreciationday.com/

Carry On,

Nik Clark
Chairman/President - Wisconsin Carry, Inc.

MKEgal

Yes, there are people going. We've been discussing it on FaceBook for several days.
There's also a breakfast that morning at Ellie's. There's a thread about that here too.

anmut

Yes, there are people going. We've been discussing it on FaceBook for several days.
There's also a breakfast that morning at Ellie's. There's a thread about that here too.

Ahh - well I refuse to use Facebook because of their pandering to the left wingers and blatent censorship of pro-gun sites.

I must be one of the few...

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
No Facebook For Me Either, Or Any Other Social Gathering Site

Ahh - well I refuse to use Facebook because of their pandering to the left wingers and blatant censorship of pro-gun sites.

I must be one of the few...

Never had it, never will. Not MySpace or any other social site where your life is posted for all to see.

I'm going to try to make it. Been under the weather lately recovering from the Flu so I won't know until Saturday morning.

anmut

Hoping for a large-ish turn out. So far the media looks to be snubbing the event (of course) with nobody committing to coverage.

The good news is it should be 46f on Saturday in Madison. Hopefully that means some of the *maybes* turn into *ah why not, it's nice out!*

RR_Broccoli

As of this moment, the Guns Across America rally being held at noon on the 19th event on Facebook has 350 as "going" and another 250 "maybe". Figure another 50 or more from AR15.com and other sources at least.

Some of the speakers have been helpful to gun rights for a while, and are familiar with people here.

Go because of what you believe in, not because of who else goes.

MKEgal

anmut said:
So far the media looks to be snubbing the event (of course) with nobody committing to coverage.
Vicki McKenna is of course giving air time & publicity.
We need to find contact info for the media outlets in Madistan & Killwaukee, & have lots of people email the info & encourage them to cover the event.

anmut

Vicki McKenna is of course giving air time & publicity.
We need to find contact info for the media outlets in Madistan & Killwaukee, & have lots of people email the info & encourage them to cover the event.

Heheh... Madistan. Stealing that.

See ya'll there - we'll be the dad, mom and 12y/o with the Gadsden, Gonzales and Betsy Ross flags.

MKEgal

anmut said:
Just to double check, carry is legal on capital property (outside), yes?
Just like any other non-school property, yes.
It's supposed to be legal in the building (with a license), but apparently they got some kind of exemption from the overall state building policy saying that they won't prohibit carry... so they only allow loaded hidden weapons. :rolleyes:

ETA:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Capitol (grounds &/or building) are designated as a state park?

Last edited:

Terry Lou

It's supposed to be legal in the building (with a license), but apparently they got some kind of exemption from the overall state building policy saying that they won't prohibit carry... so they only allow loaded hidden weapons. :rolleyes:

ETA:
Out of curiosity, does anyone know if the Capitol (grounds &/or building) are designated as a state park?

Hidden carry? nah. Concealed carry? yah.

Motofixxer

ETA:

That's something I never thought of . I'm not even sure how to find that out.

Yetiman

It will be kind of cool if a huge crowd shows up and gives no money to the posted no carry businesses that surround the capitol.

anmut

It will be kind of cool if a huge crowd shows up and gives no money to the posted no carry businesses that surround the capitol.

Sad thing is - the business owners wouldn't care. They enjoy the smell of their own farts so much that most would turn down business just to spite freedom loving "clingers."

Can't wait for tomorrow - my son, wife, wife's friend and I will see ya'll there!

anmut

Had a good time today - wish there would have been name tags so I could have met any of the opencarry.org peeps. My wife, her friend, son & I were up to the left of the speaker with the flags as we got there just as it was beginning.

Law abider