• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Stop the email blitz - it worked

mspgunner

I was just on the horn to Senator Nieves, we can stop the mails, he got the message and there will be a hearing very soon. The power of the people has worked!
Please no more emails to the Nieves offcice and GOOD WORK!

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I was just on the horn to Senator Nieves, we can stop the mails, he got the message and there will be a hearing very soon. The power of the people has worked!
Please no more emails to the Nieves offcice and GOOD WORK!

For the uninformed, regarding what?

Oramac

I am confused, easily so it seems. A e-mail blitz is good when called for, but bad after it works. Please enlighten me.

If I were to ask you for something very adamantly for a day or 2, and you agreed to do it on day 3, what would you do if I kept repeatedly pestering you about it on days 4, 5, and 6?

Same thing here.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Did someone say it was "bad"? Is it not simply intended that there is no benefitial reason to continue? Maybe a few concise "thank you" notes are in order.

OC for ME

I would send but one e-mail to a specific legislator. However, sending a e-mail to many legislators does take time and timing is every thing it seems.

mspgunner

I am confused, easily so it seems. A e-mail blitz is good when called for, but bad after it works. Please enlighten me.

We got the job done. The "blitz" ties up his phones and puts a bunch of emails in th ein box, got their attention! They know a lot of people want the hearing for OC premption and they agree to hold it. Time to lay off and leave the offcie alone to get beck to the business at hand. There WILL BE a hearing on OC preemption. If we keep swamping the office he might not appreciate our efforts. Agin, the emails and phone calls got their attention and will of the OC community, plus others I reached out oo got us the results we wanted.

Look to the Senate hearing site for the date and time. A few of us will go any time! It's that important and soem will miss work or scholl to help get the job done, not everyone can, that's life!

And what are the chances that he will just let this bill of his languish in committee after the hearing and die? Seems he would have shown more interest in his own bill and would have pushed it.

mspgunner

And what are the chances that he will just let this bill of his languish in committee after the hearing and die? Seems he would have shown more interest in his own bill and would have pushed it.

Seeing that the hearing has not been held.... Yep, there is a chance that IS the case! But there isn't a darn thing we can do about it if that's the plan.............

REALteach4u

Whether he does it personally or not, it seems that more emails get returned by him....some are one liner acknowledgements, but a response none the less.