• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WtF? Henrico now considers baby carrots to be weapons ???

scouser

http://wtvr.com/2015/10/22/baby-carrot-assault-charge/

Gist of story is girl in middle school threw a baby carrot at a teacher. Carrot hit teacher on forehead. Now, according to the link above the girl is charged with "assault and battery with a weapon"

"I don't understand this,” [the girl's mother] said. “Yes, it happened, and I can see a couple of days in school detention or even a couple days out-of-school suspension. But this goes way beyond that. We have to go to court, and her charges aren't small: assault and battery with a weapon."

Someone had a sense of humor though

"This could go before a judge and there could be sufficient evidence to find her guilty, but I don't think it's something a judge would want to find her guilty of,” [the 'CBS 6 legal expert'] said. “They may offer her counseling, sort of a carrot at the end of a stick."

Why are our tax dollars being wasted on this?

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Now we have progressed to less than zero tolerance.

Ah oh, I see the problem = Henrico. Who woulda thunk it?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I am so glad my kids are out of school.
Homeschooling looks to be the only choice these days.

rightwinglibertarian

If these people are going to be so stupid, we need to stop paying their celery.
Oh good gracious Lettuce have some common sense. Orange you going to rethink that? If not lemon see what I can do. Some people need to Spout brains.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Milking this pablum for the people are we?

Designating a carrot a weapon is a root problem. Conclusion young carrots are a Baby Root - bar them.

rightwinglibertarian

Milking this pablum for the people are we?

Designating a carrot a weapon is a root problem. Conclusion young carrots are a Baby Root - bar them.

:lol: careful. You might make me soil myself laughing. I'm as much a horiffic punster as I am a militant 2A supporter. Things will go with a bang if people disagree with me because I'll be gunning for them and will pun-nish them severely

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
:lol: careful. You might make me soil myself laughing. I'm as much a horiffic punster as I am a militant 2A supporter. Things will go with a bang if people disagree with me because I'll be gunning for them and will pun-nish them severely
I resemble that remark.

Remember Soilax?
http://askville.amazon.com/find-cleaner-Soilax/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=5200492

We now have SoilMax.
http://www.amazon.com/Arrow-Soilmax/dp/B00CTTYN5I

Either can take the worry out of puns.

scouser

Had to stifle a laugh today

I took the day off of work today to help chaperone a fieldtrip with Logan's school. Some of the kids were provided with a bagged lunch from the school if their parents had requested one. In each bagged lunch was a snack sized ziplock bag filled with .. baby carrots. So it appears that elementary school aged kids in Henrico are being given (items that Henrico County claim to be) 'weapons' by the school cafeteria

The Wolfhound

sounds like they are armed and dangerous

Providing children with recognized weapons! Next thing you know they will teach Gun Safety (if only!). Remember to vote if you live in Henrico. We have an alternative to the current Commonwealth's Attorney. I am inclined to believe it is a BETTER alternative. I know I am dissatisfied with the current one. She must go or there will be more of this MERDE.

sidestreet

I guess those kids had better kept those carrots…,

I took the day off of work today to help chaperone a fieldtrip with Logan's school. Some of the kids were provided with a bagged lunch from the school if their parents had requested one. In each bagged lunch was a snack sized ziplock bag filled with .. baby carrots. So it appears that elementary school aged kids in Henrico are being given (items that Henrico County claim to be) 'weapons' by the school cafeteria

in the bag until they got home or risk being charged with brandishing. Just imagine if a bus driver had seen them in their hand. Well, they probably wouldn't know WHAT to think. SMH.

sidestreet

Jeremiah 29:11-13

we are not equal, we will never be equal, but we must be relentless.