• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Incident" @ Taco Bell...

BigTzzy

I would like to know everyone's take on this....

The wife and I had stopped by Taco Bell for some lunch. We were sitting at our table me taking my usual back to the wall so I can see the room and the entrance position. I noticed a young black male enter(let's call him Bob). Bob appeared to be 18-23 years old, wearing sagging blue jeans and baggy shirts(Yes Bob had on more than one). I took notice of Bob as I did everyone that entered.

Bob got into line to order behind a couple that were in the process of ordering when about that time I needed to refill my drink. (BTW I was open carrying my Sig P226 9mm as I always do.) So, I got up to get a refill and I had to walk past the order line to get to the soda fountains. I past Bob with him on my strong side which put me on Bob's left side. Bob would have been able to see my firearm as soon as I got past him. I then filled my glass and as I turned around to go back by the order line with my beverage I noticed Bob was no were to be seen. I surveyed the restaurant and didn't see Bob. As, I proceeded back to my table I notice out the window that Bob had left the restaurant and was proceeding on foot down the road at what appeared to be a hurried pace. (not running, but walking rather fast.)

My thought was who enters a fast food restaurant, gets in line to "order" and then leaves?? Were the tacos more expensive than Bob thought? Did my OC have anything to do with Bob's decision to dine elsewhere? Did Bob have an ulterior motive for being in the Taco Bell?

I guess I'll never know, but it did seem weird to both me and my wife(who carries concealed) that Bob would enter get in line then decide to leave right after I walked past him with my firearm on my side.

What are your thoughts??

nonameisgood

Maybe, maybe not. I did that the other day when I realized that I had forgotten my wallet when I changed pants before leaving the house.

Aaron1124

It's really impossible to say. You can sit there and run a million theories through your head, and set yourself on the one that sounds the best.

MK

I wonder if it had something to do with wearing two shirts. Not sure what the connection is but since it was important enough to include in the story there must have something meaningful in regards to those shirts don't you think?

Maybe Bob suddenly felt overly warm and uncomfortable and decided he should go back home and remove one of those shirts?

Maybe Bob noticed someone staring at his shirts, also noticed the person was armed and then suddenly got a hunch that possibly his shirts could become an issue and he remembered he had left his legal firearm at home. He may have went to retrieve his arm just in case he came in contact with someone who was interested in relieving him of one or more of his shirts?

It could be that he meant to put a less valuable shirt on top just in case he dripped taco sauce onto it. While in line he suddenly realizes that the outside shirt was one of his most favorite of his collection so he decided to go somewhere more appropriate to take his shirts off and rearrange them in a more favorable way so when he eats, he doesn't get a stain on the one he likes more?

Aaron1124

I wonder if it had something to do with wearing two shirts. Not sure what the connection is but since it was important enough to include in the story there must have something meaningful in regards to those shirts don't you think?

Maybe Bob suddenly felt overly warm and uncomfortable and decided he should go back home and remove one of those shirts?

Maybe Bob noticed someone staring at his shirts, also noticed the person was armed and then suddenly got a hunch that possibly his shirts could become an issue and he remembered he had left his legal firearm at home. He may have went to retrieve his arm just in case he came in contact with someone who was interested in relieving him of one or more of his shirts?

It could be that he meant to put a less valuable shirt on top just in case he dripped taco sauce onto it. While in line he suddenly realizes that the outside shirt was one of his most favorite of his collection so he decided to go somewhere more appropriate to take his shirts off and rearrange them in a more favorable way so when he eats, he doesn't get a stain on the one he likes more?

A likely hypothesis.

eye95

There is no conclusion to draw. Although, there is likely one that leaps to everyone's mind. But the story should make us wonder if there haven't been hundreds or thousands of Bobs who actually did have nefarious intent, but changed their minds upon seeing a firearm on a citizen's hip.

The only case I know of where the perps were fool enough to admit their intent, was the one at the Waffle House in Kennesaw, GA, where the BGs were motivated to leave by some well-placed and well-filled holsters.

As far as conclusions go, the only one I can come up with is that Bob is a palindrome.

Nevada carrier

My theory is this, Since many people are more included to think that OCers are cops, bob ay not have been planning any crime, but may have unresolved warrants, parole or probation violations, etc. That, or he changed his mind about what he wanted to eat.

paramedic70002

Bob either had warrants, or a phobia of police and/or guns.

This is the only negative I think of when I OC. Some drugged up thug sees me armed and decides to "shoot that pig before he gets me."

CDT COX

This is the only negative I think of when I OC. Some drugged up thug sees me armed and decides to "shoot that pig before he gets me."

in b4 the "please cite one case of this"

Kirbinator

It's called fight or flight for a reason. But why would a wanted person knowingly kill when it's possible to simply escape without the "undercover" knowing he was there? Granted, there is that .00001% whackjob out there...

Some folks say this is a good reason to buy and wear a vest. I don't disagree.

celticredneck

While I do not like the gansta style of dress, Bob was doing nothing wrong. He is as much within his rights to dress that way as you were to be carrying your Sig. Perhaps the line was too long and Bob had to get back to work. There could be thousands of reasons. Without anything occurring, or without Bob being here and saying why he left there is no way to explain why.Perhaps the line was too long and Bob had to get back to work.There could be thousands of reasons

William Fisher

Maybe when Bob saw the gun (if he saw it) he thought "OH CRAP, crazy white guy". While we talk about what ifs, whats and assuming. Did you have suspicions before Bob left? Did you really need a refill or did you want Bob to see you were armed? Now I more then likely would have been suspicious of Bob also (maybe some bigotry on my part), but I think I would have sat there and observed and waited to get my drink. I wasn't there though and may have full well done the same as you did.

paramedic70002

in b4 the "please cite one case of this"

No cite. This is what we call an opinion, or a fear, or a hypothetical scenario. I will however tell you that I have lost count of the number of times I have been accused of being an LEO when I was wearing a uniform - of a different color and style entirely that the local LEOs, with a different patch, carrying scissors instead of a gun - while working as a Paramedic. I have also been mistaken for a store clerk. Go figure.