• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Virginia Open Carry will have an info table at Sheriff's Open House 5/19/12 11A-3PM

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Loudoun County, VA: The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office (LCSO) Eastern Loudoun Station (ELS) will hold its second annual Open-House on Saturday, May 19, 2012 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.

Residents are encouraged to attend and meet Sheriff Mike Chapman, Station Captain Allen Gabrielli and members of the Eastern Station staff, take a guided tour of the facility, and view Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office displays. Light refreshments will be provided. Last year, 350 residents logged in and attended the Open House. The ELS is located at 46620 East Frederick Drive in Sterling.

We will have a Virginia Gun rights table to answer questions about gun rights in Virginia. We will have my Virginia Open Carry Cards, coins and patches, VCDL Guns Save Lives stickers, applications, Pink Info cards and email sign up sheet and finally information on Loudoun County Friends of NRA, the September Banquet and the ongoing raffles.

Hope to see you there!

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Looks like VCDL is getting into new territory Ed.
A VCDL table in the Sheriffs Department and Friends of the NRA to boot.:uhoh: Are all the patrol cars getting GSL stickers too?:lol:

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
Looks like VCDL is getting into new territory Ed.
A VCDL table in the Sheriffs Department and Friends of the NRA to boot.:uhoh: Are all the patrol cars getting GSL stickers too?:lol:

Well Peter, last year we did it also. VCDL has pretty strict rules about anything being on the table other than VCDL material, so I would not be able to hand out my Open Carry Cards (which started this whole thing with the Sheriff's office). So instead, we are having a gun rights table. To hand out info on Open Carry, VCDL and Friend's of the NRA.

I do not think the NRA does much for gun rights. I looked at the friends of NRA program and it makes an impact in the shooting sports. I was convinced to start/join the Loudoun County committee. So far I have raffled off 14 guns in Loudoun.. and 1/2 the money we collect comes back into Virginia to support the shooting sports in the way of grants. Grants I get to vote on.

As adults, we know the value of the 2nd Amendment, gun rights, etc., but
unless we transfer our enthusiasm, knowledge and education to our youth, the future of shooting sports and gun rights in general will fade away.

552067_360921193957970_100001202771197_1091268_523013256_n.jpg

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Well Peter, last year we did it also. VCDL has pretty strict rules about anything being on the table other than VCDL material, so I would not be able to hand out my Open Carry Cards (which started this whole thing with the Sheriff's office). So instead, we are having a gun rights table. To hand out info on Open Carry, VCDL and Friend's of the NRA.

I do not think the NRA does much for gun rights. I looked at the friends of NRA program and it makes an impact in the shooting sports. I was convinced to start/join the Loudoun County committee. So far I have raffled off 14 guns in Loudoun.. and 1/2 the money we collect comes back into Virginia to support the shooting sports in the way of grants. Grants I get to vote on.

As adults, we know the value of the 2nd Amendment, gun rights, etc., but
unless we transfer our enthusiasm, knowledge and education to our youth, the future of shooting sports and gun rights in general will fade away.

552067_360921193957970_100001202771197_1091268_523013256_n.jpg

All right Ed...which one of you was carrying the purse?

:eek:

purse.jpg

Riana

I would love to come, but I am spending the whole day being 'stage mom' at my son's school's production of The Wizard of Oz. I can't carry, of course, but I am wearing my empty holster (mostly concealed, though). :cool:

hunter45

I just applied to work for LCSO last week. I'd like to work there even more now that I've seen how supportive the Sheriff is of OC. :)