• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

(during Press conf. 1/9/2013)Biden: Obama May Use Executive Order To Deal With Guns

MamabearCali

Did this fellow graduate middle school? All those people who went out and bought guns did not do so to turn them in a month later. The constitution cannot be overturned by EO. Nor can legislation be done by fiat. Perhaps our president needs a refresher course on separation of powers and presidential authority. He was not elected King Obama.

These guys are blithering idiots, but they are very dangerous blithering idiots. They should take a leaf from history. The American revolution was not caused by the Boston Tea Party, but rather the crowns attempt to seize the colonists arms. Do they really think we are so different from then to now?

zack991

Did this fellow graduate middle school? All those people who went out and bought guns did not do so to turn them in a month later. The constitution cannot be overturned by EO. Nor can legislation be done by fiat. Perhaps our president needs a refresher course on separation of powers and presidential authority. He was not elected King Obama.

These guys are blithering idiots, but they are very dangerous blithering idiots. They should take a leaf from history. The American revolution was not caused by the Boston Tea Party, but rather the crowns attempt to seize the colonists arms. Do they really think we are so different from then to now?

They dont care if it violates our rights or not. He IS a dictator that cant pass what he wants in congress and so he uses EO for everything.

MamabearCali

They dont care if it violates our rights or not. He IS a dictator that cant pass what he wants in congress and so he uses EO for everything.

He has better hope like hades he is not. In VA our flag says Sic Semper Tyrannus, check it out. Right now legal means of redress are still possible, we should use them while we can. Otherwise we get back to "when in the course of human events."

Beretta92FSLady

He won't EO anything. Congress will pass a couple of things through, but that's it.

If he did EO something, it would be nothing that has any significant impact on firearm owners, and the firearms they own.

Last edited:

MamabearCali

Beretta, he said he would do so. Why should I believe you? What evidence do you have of his willingness to abide by the constitutional right of citizens to bear arms?

He has said he wants gun control by any means. Don't be like the people of Europe breathing a sigh of relief with the words "I have the signature of the furher." We don't even have that. We have a man who has been hostile to the constitution in general since he took his oath of office.

Beretta92FSLady

Beretta, he said he would do so. Why should I believe you? What evidence do you have of his willingness to abide by the constitutional right of citizens to bear arms?

He has said he wants gun control by any means. Don't be like the people of Europe breathing a sigh of relief with the words "I have the signature of the furher." We don't even have that. We have a man who has been hostile to the constitution in general since he took his oath of office.

I'm not asking you to believe me. I am stating that he won't--but let's say he did...magazine limits...maybe, not much else...closing so-called gunshow loopholes, maybe.

Who gives a sh*t about Hitler, live in the now. Obama is nothing like Hitler. Comparing Obama signing an EO for, say, magazine capacity limits, comparing that to Hitler lining up Jews, Blacks, Gays, and other undesirables, is nonsense. Please, let's be reasonable here. People undermine legitimate concerns when they start acting as if some AWB--which we had for ten years, and no Americans were lined up and sent to gas chambers--is the equivalent to Nazi Germany; get a freaking grip people.

Accusing him of being hostile to the Constitution is nothing more than fear-mongering. Believe it or not, there is another half of the population that hold Obama is not hostile to the Constitution. Go figure--this is where Opinions collide I suppose.

I have tried to wrap my head around references to Hitler, and accusations that Obama is anti-American...I suppose it just comes with the territory, that seems to be inhabited by some sort of fear induced delirium.

shastadude17

If he did EO something, it would be nothing that has any significant impact on firearm owners, and the firearms they own.

f-this-panda.gif

Significance? Are you kidding me...significance? We're talking about a man bypassing the balance of powers, using his executive office to violate the constitution of this country. If he even passes an EO even containing the word "arms" that isn't a reference to the hokey mother****ing pokey, it is an act of treason.

Keep your powder dry.

Last edited:

crazydude6030

Eo

He won't EO anything. Congress will pass a couple of things through, but that's it.

He never said what the order will be. However he has has bloomberg and a few other gun haters bending his ear. My guess is they would reclass semi autos to be class three arms. That's something Bloomberg has long asked him to do

zack991

Significance? Are you kidding me...significance? We're talking about a man bypassing the balance of powers, using his executive office to violate the constitution of this country. If he even passes an EO even containing the word "arms" that isn't a reference to the hokey mother****ing pokey, it is an act of treason.

Keep your powder dry.

Agreed, I guess his long history of using illegal EO to get what he wants done when congress says no, I must be wrong thinking he will do another illegal EO on firearms when his history says he will. He has come out and said he will use EO.

Beretta92FSLady

Keep your powder dry.

EO's are Constitutional, unless Found not-Constitutional. You can say whatever you believe the constitutionality of the EO, generally, or a specific EO is, but it's irrelevant.

It's not an act of Treason. Please, people, read the freaking Constitution, Read The Federalist.

I have stated before, if there was a segment of the American population that took arms up against the Government, you will get your collective ass kicked, period. All the Jonesesque hothead BS don't mean crapola.--I should point out that the vast majority of Americans would be on the side of the Government in the face of that type of Treasonous act perpetrated by armed citizens.

Remember, David and Goliath is a nice story to tell, but would fail miserably in the face of the Federal Government.

Beretta92FSLady

Agreed, I guess his long history of using illegal EO to get what he wants done when congress says no, I must be wrong thinking he will do another illegal EO on firearms when his history says he will. He has come out and said he will use EO.

Please, link us up a list of EO's that President Obama has signed that have been Found illegal.

Beretta92FSLady

He never said what the order will be. However he has has bloomberg and a few other gun haters bending his ear. My guess is they would reclass semi autos to be class three arms. That's something Bloomberg has long asked him to do

Bloomberg is one of a multitude of individuals that 'have his ear'. I suppose you accidentally forgot to include the NRA, and Republicans talking to Obama about the issue of firearms as well.

shastadude17

Please, people, read the freaking Constitution

Constitution of the United States of America said:
A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

^^^^ You mean this? :monkey

Merriam Webster Dictionary said:
Infringe, transitive verb:
1: to encroach upon in a way that violates law or the rights of another
2: obsolete

Last edited:

shastadude17

Please, link us up a list of EO's that President Obama has signed that have been Found illegal.

Right. Because legality translates to morality.

For example: Assassinating a US citizen and his juvenile son in a foreign country via drone strike for suspected connections to terrorism without arrest, right to counsel, or a trial by a jury of his peers. Totes legal because no one has said that it isn't yet. I hate referencing the Hitler fallacy, however allow me to make my point: Everything Hitler did was legal.

crazydude6030

Re

Bloomberg is one of a multitude of individuals that 'have his ear'. I suppose you accidentally forgot to include the NRA, and Republicans talking to Obama about the issue of firearms as well.

I didn't forget anything but I was putting in context what those orders would be as those are the only orders the media has been reporting.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

crazydude6030

May Use Executive Order To Deal With Guns

I have stated before, if there was a segment of the American population that took arms up against the Government, you will get your collective ass kicked, period.

I don't like playing theory games but I doubt many would take up arms.

If anything were to happen it would be a few and I think they would do random killings of elected officials. In that situation I can see things going south real fast for the average American

Tucker6900

Nice. Still doesn't answer the question.

I dont get what is so wrong with what he said. In order to get rid of, bypass, infringe, substitute, or encroach the 2nd Amendment is by amending the amendment. No executive order can over ride the Constitution. Period. Show me, in the Consitution, where its says a president can supercede any law found in the constitution with an executive order.