• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-OC Bars in Henderson

brettf22raptor

Hey guys,

I have encountered 2 anti-OC bars in Henderson, Hi-Scores on Stephanie and the 215 and Chilly Palmers on Warm Springs and Arroyo Grande. I was asked to leave Chilly Palmers with my firearm and have not been back since and I sent the following email to Hi-Scores:

Sent: Tuesday, December 04, 2012 1:56 PM
To: danny@fatbeardstudios.com
Subject: Contact form submission from Hi Scores Bar-Arcade
Hello,
I've been browsing your website and the bar looks awesome! I do have one question though. In Nevada, the open carry of firearms is legal in public places and I was wondering if you allowed the open carry of firearms at your establishment? Thanks.

Here's the response I got:

If no one got back to yet, the answer to that would be no sir.

Thanks,

Danny Ballard
Fat Beard Studios

I guess I know 2 places I will not be patronizing since they infringe on my right to carry.

-Brett

vegaspassat

Im a much bigger fan of asking for forgiveness than asking for permission. If you show up and look presentable and polite the staff is more likely to allow you to patronize their establishment (or they might just not notice you are carrying)

brettf22raptor

Im a much bigger fan of asking for forgiveness than asking for permission. If you show up and look presentable and polite the staff is more likely to allow you to patronize their establishment (or they might just not notice you are carrying)

I usually am too but haven't had a chance to get out there so I figured I'd send them an email.

barcade is a joke anyway. typical tool ****** bag hangout. wouldnt chill there with a gun even if they allowed.

Heh. It looked like a neat concept so I was planning on giving it a shot but not now that I know they don't allow OC.

28kfps

I usually am too but haven't had a chance to get out there so I figured I'd send them an email.

Heh. It looked like a neat concept so I was planning on giving it a shot but not now that I know they don't allow OC.

I believe most open carry posters will agree with vegaspassat. I am of the opinion it is not a good idea to ask. The business owner who may allow an open carried firearm walk in while not giving verbal or official permission rather gives them what I will call a small legal buffer zone. In the very unlikely event, something goes bad involving the firearm, though the firearm was allowed to enter, the owner can say I never gave him permission to have the firearm in our facility or I did not notice he had it. If the owner was to say yes or give formal permission to the firearm, it removes that buffer zone. This is my hypothetical opinion to be taken with a grain of salt.
So do not give them a chance to say no. Force them to ask a paying customer to leave and post it here as you did so we can accommodate their wishes by letting everyone we know not to spend any money in their facility.