• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Toljaso: Sydney hostage killed by police

Jeff. State

Banned
Once again proving the point that you are FAR MORE LIKELY to die at the hands of police than you are from a terrorist. Even when in an actual incident with "terrorists".

Primus

Once again proving the point that you are FAR MORE LIKELY to die at the hands of police than you are from a terrorist. Even when in an actual incident with "terrorists".
Yea much more likely.... The dude executed a guy so they went in. The hostages that got hit were struck by FRAGMENTS of bullets from them hitting hard surfaces.

Do you guys even bother reading stuff or just hope it conforms to your agenda?

Primus

Ms. Dawson's survivors will be comforted by this fact.
I doubt they will. They are still missing loved ones due a dude holding them hostage at gun point and subsequently executing an hostage (after the supposed threats about the bombs). My heart sincerely goes out to them and if I prayed I'd send one their way.

A quote about dancing in the blood of others comes to mind. Same guys are doing the same jig.

77zach

Yea much more likely.... The dude executed a guy so they went in. The hostages that got hit were struck by FRAGMENTS of bullets from them hitting hard surfaces.

Do you guys even bother reading stuff or just hope it conforms to your agenda?

The fact remains she was killed by police gun fire. I do not hold the police accountable in this situation but as long as certain victim disarmament mantras exist their absurdities must be pointed out. Specifically, Australians are not allowed to defend themselves unless they work for the state. The possibility did not exist for any of the victims to [legally] defend themselves while the aggressor (as always) chose not to obey the laws on gun restrictions.

Last edited:

Primus

The fact remains she was killed by police gun fire. I do not hold the police accountable in this situation but as long as certain victim disarmament mantras exist their absurdities must be pointed out. Specifically, Australians are not allowed to defend themselves unless they work for the state. The possibility did not exist for any of the victims to [legally] defend themselves while the aggressor (as always) chose not to obey the laws on gun restrictions.
So should the police not have shot at all and let the gunman execute more people since politicians (not the police) enacted stupid laws? I'm confused...

Jeff. State

Banned
So should the police not have shot at all and let the gunman execute more people since politicians (not the police) enacted stupid laws? I'm confused...

I dont know, maybe we should ask Misty Holt-Singh from Stockton California.

Police Gunfire Killed Misty Holt-Singh, Stockton Bank Robbery Hostage
http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...ockton-Bank-Robbery-Chief-Says-270805351.html

or how about John Winkler

Tosh.0 production assistant accidentally killed by LAPD
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/los-ang...dentally-killing-tosh-0-production-assistant/

The list is actually quite long.

ARM YOURSELVES!!!!! Do not rely on Government Agents for help, it will come too late and when it does come it may kill you!

77zach

Again, I do not hold the police responsible in this situation, it sounds like they should have gone in and taken the guy out. Politicians and police unions/lobbies and the media (as well as an unknown percentage of beat cops, in big cities probably the vast majority) universally affirm that:

1). Those employed by the people to work for their increased long run security against private criminals are more ethical than the average citizen and so can be trusted with guns over their employers/fellow citizens. This is false.

2). Those employed by the people to work for their increased long run security against private criminals are more capable of handling firearms and that the average citizen not employed and "trained" by the government cannot safely handle firearms. This is false.

3). Those employed by the people to work for their increased long run security against private criminals are also capable of providing for their increased short term protection against private criminals. This is a sick joke.

Further, let us say an illegally armed Australian had stopped the terrorist and one of his bullets had killed a hostage....

1. He would be charged and convicted (the purpose of juries being forgotten in Australia as well) for being illegally armed
2. He would be charged and convicted of manslaughter (the purpose of juries being forgotten in Australia as well) for killing the hostage.
3. There won't be any charges (and there should not be) against the police who killed the hostage. This is a double standard.

Last edited:

utbagpiper

Banned
Ms. Dawson's survivors will be comforted by this fact.

As opposed to the police continuing to wait and letting the terrorists kill the hostage?

In cases like this the cops are in a "danged if they do; darned if they don't" kind of situation. Wait until the terrorists kill the hostages and they didn't do enough, soon enough. Go in and there is a high risk the hostage gets killed one way or another.

Legally and morally, the terrorists murdered both hostages. The cops are blameless on this one.

The Australian people are disarmed primarily because the majority of them want themselves and their fellow countrymen disarmed. The street cops didn't instigate the political drive to disarm the population. And while expecting cops to refuse to enforce grossly unjust laws has a nice theory to it, in practice, nobody is much enamored when some rural sheriff has a different view of what is a grossly unjust law than does the fellow suggesting cops should refuse to enforce unjust laws.

Remember that Eisenhower sent the 101st airborne into Arkansas because no less figure than the governor decided that federal desegregation and anti-discrimination laws/rulings were grossly unjust, had to be disobeyed, and called out the State National Guard to prevent integration of the schools. A whole lot of folks today are pretty sure that laws forcing bakers, florists, and photographers to provide goods and services to homosexual weddings in contradiction of religious beliefs are unjust. Many believe that progressive income taxes, or property taxes are grossly unjust. With all due respect to our police officers, do we really want street cops to be routinely deciding which laws they will uphold and while they won't?

Charles

HPmatt

Like the 2 Japanese guys? Like the innocents in the mall in Nairobi? What an absolutely stupid and untrue statement. You need to travel outside of US to N Africa, Middle east, Pakistan, etc.. and report back if your head is still attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeff. State

Banned
Like the 2 Japanese guys? Like the innocents in the mall in Nairobi? What an absolutely stupid and untrue statement. You need to travel outside of US to N Africa, Middle east, Pakistan, etc.. and report back if your head is still attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 2 Japanese guys???? You do realize don't you that these scripted "beheadings" like James Foley, Steven Sotloff, the Japanese guys, etc. are staged fakes. "ISIS" is an admitted creation of the CIA, John Mccain is on record admitting he has met with "ISIS". The entire Mideast "unrest" is covert USA/Israel operatives doing.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor.../Foley-murder-video-may-have-been-staged.html

Anyone traveling to N Africa, Middle East, Pakistan, etc. IS ON THEIR OWN! Only an idiot or operatives directing the "chaos" there would travel to the places you mention. The American population needs to turn their attention to the "terrorists" who are damaging this nation on a daily basis, DC politicians of R and D variety.

I'm sick and tired of the AmeriKan sheeple directed into giving up their freedom for FALSE security from a FICTICIOUS boogeyman.

Last edited:

OC for ME

I doubt they will. They are still missing loved ones due a dude holding them hostage at gun point and subsequently executing an hostage (after the supposed threats about the bombs). My heart sincerely goes out to them and if I prayed I'd send one their way.

A quote about dancing in the blood of others comes to mind. Same guys are doing the same jig.
Your appeal to emotion is rejected.

OC for ME

Which appeal to emotion? Yours?

I was simply running with what you posted. You wanted to talk about their survivors and their comfort. So I did.
You miss the crucial point, again, even though I clearly stated the point...a terrorist did not kill that woman, a cop did.