• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

anti-gun rights screechers are science deniers

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Those anti-gun rights screechers are science deniers.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/penis-size-normal-study-article-1.2135364

The numbers should help "reassure the large majority of men that the size of their penis is in the normal range," said British researchers who had assembled data from studies where participants had their member measured by a professional.
In reality, only 2.28% of the male population have an abnormally small penis, said the study — and the same percentage an unusually large one.

According to science barely 2.28% of gun owners have anything to be compensating for.

Wonder what other claims about gun owners they make are flat out wrong. (Don't answer that - it's rhetorical.)

Just remember to get measured by a professional.

stay safe.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/health/penis-size-normal-study-article-1.2135364

According to science barely 2.28% of gun owners have anything to be compensating for.

Wonder what other claims about gun owners they make are flat out wrong. (Don't answer that - it's rhetorical.)

stay safe.

Don't need a professional. Got a ruler. Mine is only 2 1/4" long.

Uh...the gun barrel, I mean. Yeah! The gun barrel; that's what I meant!! Its a snubbie! Shut up!! The gun is a snubbie. Nooo! Not that gun! The revolver! I'm talking about a revolver!

Rusty Young Man

stay safe.

Don't need a professional. Got a ruler. Mine is only 2 1/4" long.

Uh...the gun barrel, I mean. Yeah! The gun barrel; that's what I meant!! Its a snubbie! Shut up!! The gun is a snubbie. Nooo! Not that gun! The revolver! I'm talking about a revolver!

I grabbed a ruler, and boy was I disappointed. After YEARS of hearing "five inches long", I come to find out it is really only 3-3/4" long... my full-size 1911 barrel, I mean.:p

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Not to sound snarkish but exactly what kind of professional are you referring to here? :shocker:

I don't consider it snarkish at all. It would be awful to have your measurement questioned because some untrained interloper botched the job.

One that has education and/or training in the subject as well as a level of experience above that of the average person. Most likely one that is paid to do so, as opposed to a volunteer.

Personally I also hope they do not wear blue gloves. Or if they do that they did not bring the gloves from their other job.

I suppose.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I grabbed a ruler, and boy was I disappointed. After YEARS of hearing "five inches long", I come to find out it is really only 3-3/4" long... my full-size 1911 barrel, I mean.:p

:)

I like how you sneaked in that term "full-size", you braggart. What are you trying to imply? :p

Is there anything wrong with having...um, err, uhhh...a shrouded barrel?

:D

Last edited:

wrearick

next we will digress into how many bangs your barrel is good for before you have to reload.......and which is more effective a 5 shot or an 8 shot ( or gives more pleasure in the firing of....)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
roflmao!!!

Oh, man. Grapeshot is so gonna delete this thread when he finds it.

In b4 the ban! Hahaha

Actually been following this since shortly after it was posted and mulling how I would respond. Gave it some room and you all have demonstrated your ability to color between the lines when you must. Antis do make the compensation comparison in less than generic terms - having refuted that, we will not dwell on real life specifics.

So far no one has stepped on their equipment or pointed it an undesireable or unwanted direction.

Recommend taking care of business as it comes up and not advertising any off target shots.

Anticipating pictures or didn't happen - only provide them if you are willing to have yours on the post office wall.

Bottom line - stay within the lines and score. Go out of bounds, get flagged and tagged. Have fun, but be careful - it could still be locked or deleted.

Last edited:

HPmatt

So are you suggesting anti-gunners shoot blanks? Or their barrels have been fused?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rusty Young Man

:)

I like how you sneaked in that term "full-size", you braggart. What are you trying to imply? :p

Is there anything wrong with having...um, err, uhhh...a shrouded barrel?

Nope, nothing wrong at all. As long as it works and as wrearick mentioned, that it is pleasurable to fire.:)

No serious lead or copper fouling issues, I trust...

Not so long as proper cleaning methods are employed. Any and all carriers should make cleanliness a habit. Regular use will also help to promptly identify any new issues that could lead to more painful and expensive problems later on.:p

next we will digress into how many bangs your barrel is good for before you have to reload.......and which is more effective a 5 shot or an 8 shot ( or gives more pleasure in the firing of....)

Or the caliber and projectile debates...:uhoh:

Last edited: