• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Negative LEO encounter - would like feedback

ViperGTS19801

In other words, "Stop potentially scaring the sheep by minding your own business and exercising your rights, even though I haven't heard of any complaints!"

So sick and tired of cops saying "You might scare someone!" when it's blatantly obvious that everyone is oblivious anyway.

Also, who the **** does he think he is to say that what you're doing is "******* stupid" - did he use any sort of logic to come to that conclusion at all?

Fallschirjmäger

>> badey
The tenor was just a bit playful, but I have had a Sheriff's deputy say that if I wanted to play that game, they would respond in force any and every time they received a report of a MWAG. So, I did indeed offer to cooperate on scheduling our meetings.
Last I heard from him about the situation was on a forum best not named where, if I may paraphrase, "We know what he looks like, we have a description of his car. We don't even respond anymore when people call."

They got tired of playing that game, when they realized that they were the only ones not in on the game.

EDIT: but yes... PRACTICE what to say and what not to say. "Perfect practice makes perfect performance."

Last edited:

badey

In other words, "Stop potentially scaring the sheep by minding your own business and exercising your rights, even though I haven't heard of any complaints!"

So sick and tired of cops saying "You might scare someone!" when it's blatantly obvious that everyone is oblivious anyway.

Also, who the **** does he think he is to say that what you're doing is "******* stupid" - did he use any sort of logic to come to that conclusion at all?

I don't think he used any logic to that conclusion, especially because HE was open carrying...

Also, you are right about everyone being oblivious. I have OCed at that park many times, and the only person who ever noticed was a passenger in a car who was passing strong side at hip level.