• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Madison Gas Stations

baldp8

Just thought I'd let everyone know that with PDQ being a target rich environment now, I wrote to Kelley's Market and got the following response, so I will shift my business to them:

"Hello, I am a licensed concealed weapons carrier and am currently shopping for new gas / convenience store. Kelly's is a bit farther out of my way than PDQ, but since PDQs are all posted "no weapons", I can no longer go there. I would like to inquire as to what Kelly's policy is for law abiding concealed weapons license holders and if it is possible to shop there without removing my pistol before I enter the store?

Thank You

Xxxx X Xxxxxxx, PharmD

"Good morning,

I have spoken with our Retail Operations Manager and at this time we don’t have any policies against this. We appreciate you taking the time to write in and ask and look forward to you shopping at our stores.

Sincerely,

Xxxxxx Xxxxxxxxx
Administrative Assistant"

baldp8

I live in Fitchburg but work up by East Towne Mall. The Citgo by the Perkins on Hayes Rd has no signs up either.

msteinhilber

Fortunate for me there are Kwik Trips all around the suburbs of Madison. I can fill up near home in Verona and if I'm in the need near my office I can head to Sun Prairie a few minutes down the road. I try to give them all of my business since they have locations all over the place as I travel all over the state for work, they respect my rights, and they're overall just a good convenience store (probably snag a couple too many of their hot food items each week too - oops).

Peacekeeper

oh..and its better to NOT ask , if theyre NOT posted...IMO. :)

I kind of think this case was a good time to ask ... Let competition rule ...

Now if Kelly's was thinking about posting they have a letter from a possible new customer ... one they can take away from the competition ... PDQ ... by not posting.

paul@paul-fisher.com

Fortunate for me there are Kwik Trips all around the suburbs of Madison. I can fill up near home in Verona and if I'm in the need near my office I can head to Sun Prairie a few minutes down the road. I try to give them all of my business since they have locations all over the place as I travel all over the state for work, they respect my rights, and they're overall just a good convenience store (probably snag a couple too many of their hot food items each week too - oops).

+1 about Kwik Trip. WI owned, didn't cave when the unions tried boycotting them, I have OC'ed many times there and have NEVER had issues.