• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Oc in albertsons

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I was sitting at home and decided I want tacos for dinner. So I drive to Albertsons and when I get there, I realize I forgot my CPL. I was going to wear my Jacket because it's a little nippy. So I decided to not where the jacket due to not having CPL on me. Walked into the store, grabbed a cart and started shopping. I got a few obvious looks, but no comments. When I was looking at the tortillas, I heard over the loud speaker "Police Department costumer service desk". I thought hmm I wonder if that's about me. Here we go. I thought to myself oh well. I will handle it if they come up to me, and went about my shopping. about 5 min later I completed my shopping and used the self checkout. I left the store and got into my vehicle and unloaded and drove home. No police stopping me and no comments from other people.

Over all it was a weird but good OC day. :D

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
I was sitting at home and decided I want tacos for dinner. So I drive to Albertsons and when I get there, I realize I forgot my CPL. I was going to wear my Jacket because it's a little nippy. So I decided to not where the jacket due to not having CPL on me. Walked into the store, grabbed a cart and started shopping. I got a few obvious looks, but no comments. When I was looking at the tortillas, I heard over the loud speaker "Police Department costumer service desk". I thought hmm I wonder if that's about me. Here we go. I thought to myself oh well. I will handle it if they come up to me, and went about my shopping. about 5 min later I completed my shopping and used the self checkout. I left the store and got into my vehicle and unloaded and drove home. No police stopping me and no comments from other people.

Over all it was a weird but good OC day. :D

I have used this technique in the past when working in retail...a public page for 'security' or the 'police' to scare a potential shoplifter. It has mixed results, but I have seen my suspected shoplifters set their things down and leave.

Difdi

I have used this technique in the past when working in retail...a public page for 'security' or the 'police' to scare a potential shoplifter. It has mixed results, but I have seen my suspected shoplifters set their things down and leave.

I don't know which would be worse: Equating OC with shoplifting-level criminality, or trying to "scare" an armed person the clerk is afraid of. :banghead:

SigGuy23

Activist Member
I'm thinking it was an unrelated coincedence.

I think you're right. I was there plenty long enough to get "contacted" if they were calling them because of me. I was just thinking at the time if it was about me that was stupid to announce it like that. Oh well. No harm no foul.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Today, 10:28 PMMetalhead47
PD was probably just there for some of that excellent Albertsons deli fried chicken

They really do have some good chicken. I love their meat counter as well. That's the reason I shop there.

amlevin

They really do have some good chicken. I love their meat counter as well. That's the reason I shop there.

Ever notice how they run the vent over the chicken fryer to the front door. Walk into the store and smell the chicken. Makes you just plain hungry, even if you just polished off a meal at home.

As for the page, maybe it was YOU they were paging to help them out with another problem. After all, just like the cops, you were carrying a gun.

SigGuy23

Activist Member
Ever notice how they run the vent over the chicken fryer to the front door. Walk into the store and smell the chicken. Makes you just plain hungry, even if you just polished off a meal at home.

As for the page, maybe it was YOU they were paging to help them out with another problem. After all, just like the cops, you were carrying a gun.

That's very true. I have randomly bought their meal deals a couple of times for that very reason.

It's possible but Doubt it. Everytime I've been there except maybe once or twice there is a police car there. Usually unmarked and the officer stays there for a while. The Albertsons by my house in Utah growing up had the same thing. There was always a LEO there.

Metalhead47

I used to work in their deli making that chicken back in the day. And I can still eat it. That proves how good it is. :lol:

Curse you!:cuss: Now I have to get a bucket of wings on payday. :monkey

Wings? Where? I've yet to find any where in this state where one can get a proper bucket of wings. We're going to @#$%@#!! Idaho​ this weekend just to try & find some!

Metalhead47

And just what do you mean by @#$%@#!! Idaho?

Them's fighting words...we do have some good wings though, you just have to have fries with that. After all we have the potatos.

I mean it's a @#$%@#!! long way from Puget Sound just for some wings. :p Can't find buckets of proper fried Buffalo wings around here. No decent salad bars either, in a town full of greenies. Go figure. :confused:

DocWalker

I mean it's a @#$%@#!! long way from Puget Sound just for some wings. :p Can't find buckets of proper fried Buffalo wings around here. No decent salad bars either, in a town full of greenies. Go figure. :confused:

LOL....I made the trip from Boise to Woodbey Island for a freinds wedding a couple years ago. Took me about 11-12 hours through the Tri-Cities, was a long drive but once I got past Seattle it was really nice up there. Dam Navy friends.....lol

Metalhead47

LOL....I made the trip from Boise to Woodbey Island for a freinds wedding a couple years ago. Took me about 11-12 hours through the Tri-Cities, was a long drive but once I got past Seattle it was really nice up there. Dam Navy friends.....lol

Actually that's spelled WHIDBEY. It's where *I*'m coming from;)

5-6 hours on I-90 is the easy (boring) way. I'm figuring 10 or 12 over hwy20 thru the North Cascades if the passes are still open.