• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"Mayors Against Illegal Guns"

jermflux

I was looking over the last H.R. 822 hearing and noticed in some of the submitted material a list for "Mayors Against Illegal Guns". Now, I knew Paul Fraim from Norfolk was on that list, but was kinda surprised so see William Sessoms from Virginia Beach on there. I know this is old news to most of ya, but it caught me a little off guard.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I was looking over the last H.R. 822 hearing and noticed in some of the submitted material a list for "Mayors Against Illegal Guns". Now, I knew Paul Fraim from Norfolk was on that list, but was kinda surprised so see William Sessoms from Virginia Beach on there. I know this is old news to most of ya, but it caught me a little off guard.

We've been working on it:uhoh:

1832Tar2.jpg

hermannr

I have heard that there is a "mayor" from PA on that list, that has been dead for over a year, and that there is another mayor on the list from another state that is also dead.

However, there are at least three WA mayors on that list that will be unemployed next year :)

wylde007

Last year a group of us attended a City Council meeting in VB (where I reside) and confronted Sessoms about his deleterious involvement with the known criminal Michael Bloomberg. It seemed SEVERAL councilmen were caught rather unawares and were eager (or at least open-minded) to discussing the consequences of such a fraternity with us after the open comment section.

If memory serves me (someone please correct me if I am mistaken) we got some positive response from Bill DeSteph and John Uhrin.

DocWalker

Are they against guns or criminals?

What do they consider an illegal gun? Is it a gun that comes into the country illegally?

Just asking because all my guns are legal as far as I know.

wylde007

What rule is he violating?

(15) WE ADVOCATE FOR THE 'LAW-ABIDING' ONLY: Posts advocating illegal acts of any kind are NOT welcome here. Even if you feel that a law is unconstitutional we do not break it, we repeal it or defeat it in the courts.
By my reading of the rules, asserting that traitors should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law, being that treason is a Capital offense to which the death penalty may be applied, is not a violation.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
By my reading of the rules, asserting that traitors should be held accountable to the fullest extent of the law, being that treason is a Capital offense to which the death penalty may be applied, is not a violation.

This.

Damn Grape, you've never disappointed me before...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

You change the perspective.

The original term/ thought in question was "inciting violence." There was no reference to a legal process.

Repeater

Richmond MAIG Mayor Jones acts "like he is some king."

Super hypocrite Dwight C. Jones, who is very anti-gun, loves having lots of police around for his own protection. It sure costs taxpayers lots of money:

City Council questions the cost of protecting mayor from Occupy Richmond
Protesters remained camped out next door to Richmond Mayor Dwight C. Jones, exercising their freedom of speech Friday morning.

But it is far from free if you look at the bottom line.

Councilman Bruce Tyler weighed in on an internal police memo leaked to WTVR CBS 6. The memo, he said showed police are bucking the system because they want to get back to work.

“These folks in the police department want to do their jobs and in doing so that doesn’t mean protecting the mayor every step while he puts his self interest above all else,” Tyler said.

"We are paying half a million dollars a year to have the mayor driven around like he is some king. He's a mayor. he doesn't need police protection,” Tyler added.

The internal police memo, leaked to WTVR CBS 6, revealed extra security is in the cards for the mayor.

It stated a police officer is required to park in the front and in the rear of the mayor’s residence, around the clock.

If those positions were filled with officers straight out of the academy, at minimum, it would cost taxpayers $1500 a day.

Tyler called the cost estimate a conservative one.

“First off it's not going to be a junior police officer," he said. "I think you're looking at $3000 or $4000 a day to protect him."
So, is Jones a "1%" or a "99%" .... ??

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Did I change it, or did you presume the wrong one from the get go?

Hanging was stated, but the reason left unsaid. I added it.

ASS-U-ME.

Ah so, not so - not even haf so as I long ago deleted "assume" from my normal vocabulary.

There is a stronger element of postulation or hypothesis in assume and of a belief held on the basis of external evidence in presume.

In using presume, the speaker believes the supposition is true and will believe it until he learns otherwise. In using assume, the speaker feels no certainty that his supposition is true or not. In a legal context, presume means “to take as proved until contrary evidence is presented.” Ex. The defendant is presumed innocent.