• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

We MUST Choose

since9

Campaign Veteran
Source: Glen Beck's Communism Goals in America - 1963. What's interesting is that I was born in 1963, and very much remember the way things were during my first years at school. I also remember how things slowly, subtly changed over the years. When I first joined the military it was staunchly supporting and defending out Constitution. By the time I left, it was fairly blindly carrying out national policy.

We'd better choose right. Those countries who choose wrong either no longer exist, or precipitated two of the deadliest World Wars in our planet's history.

I believe our Founding Fathers made the right choices in the late 1700s and the early 1800s. I also believe most of our leaders today are making the wrong choices, whether spiritually, politically, ethically, or morally, and it is WE, The PEOPLE who will pay the price of their folly.

Please - you're smarter than this. Don't let that happen. Write your Representative today and let them know how you feel. In fact, write them several times, one for each of the following points, while letting them know what you believe to be true, and why, on each of the following points:

1. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms

2. (add your own!)

3. (and again...)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
Source: Glen Beck's Communism Goals in America - 1963. What's interesting is that I was born in 1963, and very much remember the way things were during my first years at school. I also remember how things slowly, subtly changed over the years. When I first joined the military it was staunchly supporting and defending out Constitution. By the time I left, it was fairly blindly carrying out national policy.

We'd better choose right. Those countries who choose wrong either no longer exist, or precipitated two of the deadliest World Wars in our planet's history.

I believe our Founding Fathers made the right choices in the late 1700s and the early 1800s. I also believe most of our leaders today are making the wrong choices, whether spiritually, politically, ethically, or morally, and it is WE, The PEOPLE who will pay the price of their folly.

Please - you're smarter than this. Don't let that happen. Write your Representative today and let them know how you feel. In fact, write them several times, one for each of the following points, while letting them know what you believe to be true, and why, on each of the following points:

1. The Right to Keep and Bear Arms

2. (add your own!)

3. (and again...)

writing your elected reps is a WASTE of time. I have done it soo many times & all I ever got out of it was a form letter saying that they appreciated me writing them & that they were going to do the complete opposite of my request. This countries democratic system is hopelessly broken beyond repair, future elections will do nothing even if the "right" people get elected. I have no more faith in the democratic process...this "free" country is actually a soft tyrany, a monarchy with a militarized Police state kicker. The only way to make this country right again, is to do the deed our founding fathers did in the years 1770 to 1780... that tree of liberty that needs refreshing once in a while has not had a drink in over 230 years & is now dead, the sheeple forgot it was their duty to water it once in a while.

KaosDad

So, allow me to stir the pot......

And your plan is.....?

Armed Revolution?
Quiet protest?
Running for office?

Simply sitting about declaring the Republic Dead isn't going to do much.

frommycolddeadhands

well, I will say it like this.....Choice's 2 & 3 won't FIX a thing.

Just wondering what difference you think choice 1 would make? Armed revolution sounds like a fix, but executing such a thing would be a completely different matter. Who would you consider lawful targets? Politicians? Police officers? Military members? How about judges? Other citizens who have differnt viewpoints?

An armed revolt would basically be a civil war, and in any war you need to have a clear goal in mind and a means of acheiving it, otherwise you wind up striking out blindly and won't achieve anything other than to kill a bunch of people.

Our founding fathers exhausted all means of political options before finally moving to a shooting solution, and even then it was with heavy deliberation, a lot of thought, and the consent of the representatives from the colonies. They had a clearly defined enemy (The British forces), a clear goal (Independence from British rule and colonial self rule), and a lot of public support from Patriots. The revolution was brewing years before the first shots were fired.

We may get to that point again someday, but right now we should exercise our 1st amendment rights to speak our minds, freedom of the vote, and freedom to redress the gov't for grievences. If writing letters to your so-called representative isn't doing any good, start writing to your local news agency. Nothing scares politicans more than public scandal. This is Rome, and the true power lies with the mob.

19Daniel91

And your plan is.....?

Armed Revolution?
Quiet protest?
Running for office?

Simply sitting about declaring the Republic Dead isn't going to do much.

I wouldn't waste my time on protests and I don't have enough money to run for office. A revolution or secession of the states would be ideal in my opinion, though I would prefer we wouldn't have to go that route but we just might.

Anyone hear of the Firearms Freedom Act? http://firearmsfreedomact.com/

Kind of gives you an idea what some of our fine states think about gun freedom.