• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Predictions on the Wisconsin elections?

oak1971

What will the landscape look like tomorrow night? What will we be able to get changed related to carry? Baby steps, or will we get it all in one shot?

SprayAndPray

What will the landscape look like tomorrow night? What will we be able to get changed related to carry? Baby steps, or will we get it all in one shot?

I predict a bunch of butthurt people here when we don't get constitutional carry right off the bat.....

Walker has it in a lock, Johnson has it in a lock and in my neck of the woods I HOPE Kagen gets tossed out on his ass as Ribble rides the "vote the incumbent out " wave to victory, although I doubt it

Yooper

I predict a bunch of butthurt people here when we don't get constitutional carry right off the bat.....

I doubt constitutional carry will come to WI right off the bat too. It would be GREAT if it did, and I think you guys should push for it. If it becomes apparent that Constitutional carry won't pass, then push for a permit system that has as few restrictions as possible, and DOES NOT interfere with OC. Good luck in the elections today, I hope I can be carrying in WI (my car included) next year, hopefully before summer arrives!

BJA

Campaign Veteran
Yeah good luck to you guys getting Kagen out up there! For where I'm at it looks like honadel should take it. My other state representative (incumbant) Plale (D) was voted out in the primary, now it's another dem. vs Jess Ripp. Hopefully Jess Ripp can pull it out. And I would love to see Sebring beat Moore but I am guessing that there is a only a tiny chance of that happening.

Otherwise I see Walker winning the governor race and Johnson possibly winning the senate race. One interesting thing, it's crazy how many Feingold Barrett signs I saw on Saturday while driving through the Menominee Indian Reservation on my way up to Antigo to hang some stands for deer hunting.

Last edited:
M

McX

Voted this morning on the way into work; Straight Republican. I noted my name wasn't on the ballot, so i chose the lesser of 2 evils. I also noted Homey The Clown's name wasn't on the ballot- cause Homey don't play that i guess.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I am cautiously optimistic. Assuming we get Walker and Republican control of the assembly or senate, we have a greater than 50% chance of getting Constitutional Carry. I believe we can put together a very good argument to at least get 941.23 as it stands repealed. Whether they replace it with something else or leave it die is another question. The thing we need to do TOMORROW, is start writing our newly minted representatives (Democrat, Republican or other) and let them know what we WANT. Keep the message simple, repeat it and maybe by the time the new session starts it will sink in.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
I voted number 100 out of about 600 local electors.

For Scott Walker/Rebecca Kleefisch R
For J. B. Van Hollen R
For David D. King R
For Kurt W. Schuller R
For ROBERT TAYLOR - CONSTITUTION PARTY OF WISCONSIN
Against Frank Lasee RINO Liar
Against Garey Bies RINO
For Nancy Robillard R
For Terry Vogel R
Against CO15 to establish a Department of Transportation by amendment of the Wisconsin Constitution

oak1971

Voted this morning on the way into work; Straight Republican. I noted my name wasn't on the ballot, so i chose the lesser of 2 evils. I also noted Homey The Clown's name wasn't on the ballot- cause Homey don't play that i guess.

Homey the Clown, classic. :lol:

oak1971

I am cautiously optimistic. Assuming we get Walker and Republican control of the assembly or senate, we have a greater than 50% chance of getting Constitutional Carry. I believe we can put together a very good argument to at least get 941.23 as it stands repealed. Whether they replace it with something else or leave it die is another question. The thing we need to do TOMORROW, is start writing our newly minted representatives (Democrat, Republican or other) and let them know what we WANT. Keep the message simple, repeat it and maybe by the time the new session starts it will sink in.

I'll be writing them. I'm not getting my hopes up too high though.

M

McX

I was kinda hoping Doug would run for something, so i could get a job on his security detail.

TyGuy

Walker is winning quite handidly at 9:07pm. Congrats Wisconsites (Wisconsonians?). I hope that IL will get a GOP governor also.