• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Two of my new additions

Aaron1124

i4o5yf.jpg

2uratt0.jpg

Two new additions! :)

Beretta92FSLady

I really want to get my partner a S&W 500 for Christmas, with a little reloader. I like the Saiga, only if I could get drums for it...I don't care for the mags.

Aaron1124

I tested it with a drum at the gun store, and I didn't like it. The drum was a 20 rounder for $80.00, and it's too bulky. I ordered two 10 round magazines online, and they were only $30.00 a piece. The mags are easy to insert, and you can carry them around a lot easier than a drum. You can easily slide them in magazine pouches, but not so much with the drum.

To each his own though.

Last edited:

Aaron1124

Nice. I purchased it at a shop called Federal Way Discount Guns, and I realized I got bent over on a magazine price. They sold me one for $55.00. Then when I got home, I found an online store that sold them for about $30.00. So I ordered two more.

Last edited:

Metalhead47

I tested it with a drum at the gun store, and I didn't like it. The drum was a 20 rounder for $80.00, and it's too bulky. I ordered two 10 round magazines online, and they were only $30.00 a piece. The mags are easy to insert, and you can carry them around a lot easier than a drunk. You can easily slide them in magazine pouches, but not so much with the drum.

To each his own though.

Who cares about convenience??? TWENTY FRIGGIN ROUNDS OF SEMIAUTO 12 GUAGE! AND A S&W HAND CANNON ON YOUR HIP!!!

When you have THAT much firepower, you don't need convenience!

BTW, how's that bad boy on your shoulder?

Aaron1124

LOL. I just prefer the mags. I can probably pop off 10 rounds, and then slide the other mag on within 5 seconds and pop off the other 10. Who knows though, I may end up getting a drum in the future, if I can find one for a good deal.

Haven't shot the 12 Gauge yet. Just got both of these bad boys late last week. I stocked up on ammo, though. I got a box of 4 Buckshot, a box of 00 Buckshot, a box of 000 Buckshot, and a box of sabot slugs. I had to order my slugs online, because I couldn't find them anywhere. The gun store was sold out, so I went to Big 5 in Kent. The manager noticed that I was at the gun counter, and had called for customer service. Some guy comes walking over, and asked if he could help me. I asked him if they had any 12 gauge slugs in stock. So instead of looking at the ammo, he starts looking at the guns, and after about 10 seconds, he responds "Uhhhh.. it looks like we are all out." I said "I noticed you were looking at the guns themselves. Do you have any 12 gauge slugs, as in ammo?" He then said "Uhh....we're sold out, I think."

At this point, I realized the only slugs this guy knew of were the slimy bugs. I decided to place my order online.

As for the 500 S&W, I got it for about $1,200 with tax. It was the one with the longest barrel. The 6 1/2 inch barrel didn't have the compensator, and I was only looking at a $50.00 difference between the two. I got a box of 300 grain flex-tip rounds, and ordered a box of 500 grain flat tip, and 700 grain hardcast ammo. Those 700 grain rounds are absolutely ridiculous. They'll stop any dinosaur that may wander in your backyard.

Last edited:

Lurkus Maximus

Campaign Veteran
snipped...you can carry them around a lot easier than a drunk. You can easily slide them in magazine pouches, but not so much with the drum.

To each his own though.

I know what you mean, drunks can be hard to handle!

I am insanely jealous of the Saiga. Are you going to convert it? I've got the 7.62x39 and can't decide if I want to "restore" it to classic trigger configuration or just go with the Tapco T6 bolt on. I kind of like the trigger pull the way it is.

Aaron1124

I know what you mean, drunks can be hard to handle!

I am insanely jealous of the Saiga. Are you going to convert it? I've got the 7.62x39 and can't decide if I want to "restore" it to classic trigger configuration or just go with the Tapco T6 bolt on. I kind of like the trigger pull the way it is.

Man.. I have no idea why I typed that. Hahaha. I just edited it. For now, I'm going to leave it as is, but I might in the future. I really like the stock. It's adjustable. Everything on it seems perfect right now.

I'm going to set up some ballistics tests with my own material. I'm thinking about taking some old doors, watermelons, cinder blocks, gallons of water, and a few other things, out in the woods, and firing at it with these two weapons. I'm going to test sabot slugs and the 700 grain hardcast rounds from my 500 S&W and see which one truly is more powerful at different distances.

.45ACPaddy

One gallon jugs filled with water and torn up newspaper work great.

Also, I know a good spot where the tests can be conducted.

amlevin

I'm thinking about taking some old doors, watermelons, cinder blocks, gallons of water, and a few other things, out in the woods, and firing at it with these two weapons.

Be sure and clean up the mess you'll be creating. Snohomish County shooters recently lost a "pit" where lots of us shot, partly because of all the trash left behind. Watermelon, Pineapple, and other fruit "guts" everywhere along with the resulting flies. TV's, Pallets, Cardboard, old Construction warning signs, etc. were merely left behind when the inconsiderate shooters were either tired or out of ammo.

Follow the basic rule of the considerate shooter, "If you bring it, take it home! ALL OF IT!"

We'd all loose fewer outdoor shooting areas if all that was left behind after shooting was the shooters footprints.

Aaron1124

Be sure and clean up the mess you'll be creating. Snohomish County shooters recently lost a "pit" where lots of us shot, partly because of all the trash left behind. Watermelon, Pineapple, and other fruit "guts" everywhere along with the resulting flies. TV's, Pallets, Cardboard, old Construction warning signs, etc. were merely left behind when the inconsiderate shooters were either tired or out of ammo.

Follow the basic rule of the considerate shooter, "If you bring it, take it home! ALL OF IT!"

We'd all loose fewer outdoor shooting areas if all that was left behind after shooting was the shooters footprints.

Always do. When I go camping, there's nothing worse than someone else's crap bogging up a nice spot by the river. I even try to collect all of my empty shells.