• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Enough with historical revisionism.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
I keep seeing a certain handful of obots insist the budget mess is entirely the fault of GWB. The illustration I have provided clearly shows that the worst spending levels of the GWB admin were also during a period of democrat controlled legislature. GWB's only fault was not vetoing their budget bills IMO. Furthermore, During the Clinton regime it was 5 years with a republican legislature that spending was reduced. The graph doesn't spin or lie.

Put it in your pipe and smoke it.

article-2017070-0D17F7B800000578-27_468x298.jpg

since9

Campaign Veteran
Looks like having either a Democrat-controlled or split-controlled Congress is hazardous to our nation's fiscal health!

Do you have that available in a larger graphic? May I copy and use it elsewhere, such as on Facebook? Some of my friends keep chanting the "Republicans are spending all our money" mantra and I'd like to refer to it, often, as in every time I read such vacant remarks.

Thanks in advance.

Dreamer

The Glass-Steagal repeal signed by Clinton, was passed by that same Republican-controlled Congress...

And THAT was the principal legal construct (the repeal of Glass-Steagal, an subsequent deregulation of the derivatives market) that enabled the Housing Bubble and the "Banking Crisis" to occur...

Of course, the whole thing wouldn't even be an issue if we had a Constitutional monetary system, and our money was issued by Congress instead of a private, internationally-controlled private bank.

If we're going to bitch about "historical revisionism", let's get it right...

END_THE_FED

.........Of course, the whole thing wouldn't even be an issue if we had a Constitutional monetary system, and our money was issued by Congress instead of a private, internationally-controlled private bank........

And this is the key to just about all of the economy's problems. (and most of our republic's problems in general) Until we change this nothing else really matters.

We need to get rid of any Fiat currency, and any fractional reserve lending. We need to return to the monetary system of our Constitution. We need to go back to the Dollar of the Constitution.

The Constitution does not authorize congress to print currency. The Constitution does not authorize congress to define a "Dollar".

Unfortunately, the Constitution did authorize congress to borrow money. One thing I would like to add to our Constitution would be an amendment forbidding congress the ability to borrow money without the approval of a super majority of the several states.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Looks like having either a Democrat-controlled or split-controlled Congress is hazardous to our nation's fiscal health!

Do you have that available in a larger graphic? May I copy and use it elsewhere, such as on Facebook? Some of my friends keep chanting the "Republicans are spending all our money" mantra and I'd like to refer to it, often, as in every time I read such vacant remarks.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have a larger picture, but I have the article I picked it up from. I'd have no problem with you using it to rub liberal snouts into though.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...nsion-debt-limit-days-broader-deal-place.html

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
The Glass-Steagal repeal signed by Clinton, was passed by that same Republican-controlled Congress...

And THAT was the principal legal construct (the repeal of Glass-Steagal, an subsequent deregulation of the derivatives market) that enabled the Housing Bubble and the "Banking Crisis" to occur...

Of course, the whole thing wouldn't even be an issue if we had a Constitutional monetary system, and our money was issued by Congress instead of a private, internationally-controlled private bank.

If we're going to bitch about "historical revisionism", let's get it right...

What I wanted to point out was the much simpler truth, that is spending only exploded with the greater the power of the liberals. Granted if Bush had been beaten by a guy like Ron Paul or Alan Keyes in 2000, it's unlikey spending would be where it is at this point.

I'm not going to get into another ******* contest with you about right/left conservative/liberal paradigm. My understanding of these concepts is founded on information received from sources even you might appreciate, but you obviously have drawn different conclusions and nothing positive will result from rehashing it.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
And this is the key to just about all of the economy's problems. (and most of our republic's problems in general) Until we change this nothing else really matters.

We need to get rid of any Fiat currency, and any fractional reserve lending. We need to return to the monetary system of our Constitution. We need to go back to the Dollar of the Constitution.

The Constitution does not authorize congress to print currency. The Constitution does not authorize congress to define a "Dollar".

Unfortunately, the Constitution did authorize congress to borrow money. One thing I would like to add to our Constitution would be an amendment forbidding congress the ability to borrow money without the approval of a super majority of the several states.

The country was born into massive debt, so the founders couldn't really have forbidden it I reckon. After reading Von Mises I'm convinced that FR banking is bad for the country, it promotes centralized power not just politically but economically as well. Allowing unelected people to pull strings they would not otherwise have access too.

As we all know however there were problems from having every little "bank" with a handful of gold coins to issue "checks" and make loans. Obviously FR banking was promoted to "fix" these problems but ended up creating something even more monstrous. I'm not going to pretend to know what the solution to that is. Dumping the fed would definately crash the economy, the bankers would do it intentionally and get away with it. The did it to Jackson I believe. Fortunately for him the public seemed to know who to blame.

I seriously doubt the public would blame the banks this time around since too many of them believe they're controlled by the president, and there isn't a serious contender available with the stones to do it.

So for now I feel we just have to be content with it, and force the people we elect to live within a severly reduced budget. I think the "Cut, Cap, and Balance" idea is a good plan. The libs immediately commenced to wailing and gnashing their teeth, which is always a good sign. I also think the banks won't like it because it obviously limits their own interest based profits. If they had to rely on interest profits from the private sector alone, it would require much more risk, and much less return.

Correct me if I'm wrong in this.

sudden valley gunner

As we all know however there were problems from having every little "bank" with a handful of gold coins to issue "checks" and make loans. Obviously FR banking was promoted to "fix" these problems but ended up creating something even more monstrous. I'm not going to pretend to know what the solution to that is. Dumping the fed would definately crash the economy, the bankers would do it intentionally and get away with it. The did it to Jackson I believe. Fortunately for him the public seemed to know who to blame.

This problem was short term and localized, we now have national problems when everything is centralized. Like most "crisis" back then they are overblown and the government doesn't let a 'crisis' go to waste. If a private bank failed because of their policies other banks would adjust not to let the same thing happen. And all the economic "depressions" were short term. Not so after the founding of the Fed and government involvement in fake money. It has been a boom bust cycle, with the busts a lot longer than when private citizens controlled the value of money and goods.

Last edited:

Beretta92FSLady

A default is good for the banks since they loan the money, and a default would usher in higher interest rates for banks.

With regard to the spending percentage of the GDP there are a number of items that have increased over the last two decades, well, three, Medicaid and Medicare (mainly due to the increase in medical costs), as well as military budget. Some of the hidden costs under W's term were the wars in Afghanistan, and Iraq. Oh, almost forgot, the economy tanked a few years ago which required substantial treasure.

The Republicans are so concerned with the "future of our children" that they forget it costs money (taxes?) to update our infrastructure that is crumbling under our feet. Republicans, and Democrats are both responsible for all of this mess. It appears Gen. X is going to be picking up after their parents. Ronals generation, and W's generation has ruined this country.

Personally, 'they', whomever 'they' are, should have let it collapse, and the bankers in charge of this mess, and profiting from it should have been left on their own, and to a public to decide what the appropriate punishment is for destroying lives, and our financial system.

riverrat10k

Plenty of blame to go around.

Both political parties have sold us out to the international banking cartel.

Your supposed ability to pick a side is just smoke and mirrors. Both parties are beholden to the money lenders. And in fact legislated them the power to enslave us.

Partisanship is passe'.

See the thread I just started: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ell-is-a-super-congress&p=1580398#post1580398

The power to tax is the power to enslave. Until we alter our behavior, quit sending in taxes, and the power structure collapses due to lack of funds. See the former USSR. Something else then arises after varying and undetermined degrees of social upheaval.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
This problem was short term and localized, we now have national problems when everything is centralized. Like most "crisis" back then they are overblown and the government doesn't let a 'crisis' go to waste. If a private bank failed because of their policies other banks would adjust not to let the same thing happen. And all the economic "depressions" were short term. Not so after the founding of the Fed and government involvement in fake money. It has been a boom bust cycle, with the busts a lot longer than when private citizens controlled the value of money and goods.

Ok, but when those small banks folded they didn't just close up shop. They foreclosed on people's property, and anyone who lost anything lost it forever. At least now there are supposedly "safety nets" in place to prevent total loss of money/property. I've heard horror stories to the contrary though. In any case I know the FRB is a malignancy. I also know however that even with the FRB system we had a period of unparalleled prosperity in the last century in spite of it. There is a way to make it work if the people running it have any ethics at all.

If somehow Ron Paul were to actually win, and revoked the charter (or whatever) I firmly believe we would experience catastrophy on every level. Cities would burn after the parasite class no longer had their food stamp cards replenished. I'd like to see a solution that avoids a catastrophy, but then again I wouldn't care if the parasite class starved to death either.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
A default is good for the banks since they loan the money, and a default would usher in higher interest rates for banks. Glad my VA loan is locked in at %5, and I have no other debt.

With regard to the spending percentage of the GDP there are a number of items that have increased over the last two decades, well, three, Medicaid and Medicare (mainly due to the increase in medical costs) lets not forget fraud, waste and abuse, as well as military budget. Some of the hidden costs under W's term were the wars in Afghanistan, and Iraq. Oh, almost forgot, the economy tanked a few years ago which required substantial treasure. Indeed, and as the graph showed the "tanking" coincided with speaker pillousy's grasp of the house gavel.

The cost of the wars even according to this moonbat site: http://costsofwar.org/article/economic-cost-summary amount to a high end estimate of $400 Billion per year. We're never going to agree on the validity or righteousness of the endeavor, but at the very least those costs included the manufacture of tons of equipment, ammunition, vehicles, food and everything else required for combat. JOBS CAME FROM THAT, and some very good paying ones. I know that because I had one.

The Republicans are so concerned with the "future of our children" that they forget it costs money (taxes?) to update our infrastructure that is crumbling under our feet. Republicans, and Democrats are both responsible for all of this mess. It appears Gen. X is going to be picking up after their parents. Ronals generation, and W's generation has ruined this country.

Excuse me? Where did that "stimulus" $TRILLION GO THEN? The moonbat messiah had the GALL to chuckle about how some of the "shovel ready jobs uhh... weren't quite as uhhh... shovel ready as we thought huh huh huh..." (He sounded like Butthead) Sounds like your dems don't really give a damn about "the future of our childre" either. The baby boomer generation if any destroyed this country, though I do not for a second believe it has been "destroyed". Harmed, stunted, damaged or whatever it has been, is entirely at the hands of people who've been calling themselves "progressive", by promoting failed marxist dogma for over 100 years.

Personally, 'they', whomever 'they' are, should have let it collapse, and the bankers in charge of this mess, and profiting from it should have been left on their own, and to a public to decide what the appropriate punishment is for destroying lives, and our financial system.

People like you remind me of a story I heard in which a woman refused to believe her husband was cheating. Once she was finally shown photographs of him in a car with her "friend" commiting adultery behind a bar, she not only got mad at the person who presented the evidence, but insisted the fault was with her "friend" for seducing her husband.

Barack Obama is a complete incompetent disaster. The democrat party has led the way to the near bankrupting of the world's most properous nation. Now when their opponents are making half assed attempts to reign in the spending people like you are more than happy to do as you're programmed and blame everyone else, and thwart the attempts of those trying to undo the damage.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Both political parties have sold us out to the international banking cartel.

Your supposed ability to pick a side is just smoke and mirrors. Both parties are beholden to the money lenders. And in fact legislated them the power to enslave us.

Partisanship is passe'.

See the thread I just started: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...ell-is-a-super-congress&p=1580398#post1580398

The power to tax is the power to enslave. Until we alter our behavior, quit sending in taxes, and the power structure collapses due to lack of funds. See the former USSR. Something else then arises after varying and undetermined degrees of social upheaval.

I'll check out your post.

To address this one I agree that both parties have their faults, but one is clearly worse than the other. Furthermore we've seen a resurgence in the republican party for at least paying lip service to conservatism. If the pressure to maintain fiscal solvency, and reverse over bearing governance is maintained I believe the damage done by the left will be repaired. We don't need a collapse, and I really don't think you want one. There's no telling what would arise from it.

riverrat10k

Prayingfor war:

Unfortunately, IMHO, we are currently faced with a partial collapse now, or a total collapse later. That is why our politicians are acting the way they are. You can't get re-elected spouting partial collapse. Their only option is to spout status quo, until it collapses upon itself. I see no other outcome factoring in human self-preservation.

Sorry to sound like a bummer, but I think the mantra should be "prepare".

Last edited:

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
Prayingfor war:

Unfortunately, IMHO, we are currently faced with a partial collapse now, or a total collapse later. That is why our politicians are acting the way they are. You can't get re-elected spouting partial collapse. Their only option is to spout statis quo, until it collapses upon itself. I see no other outcome factoring in human self-preservation.

Sorry to sound like a bummer, but I think the mantra should be "prepare".

I've laid in some preparations for hard times. Whether it's natural or man made.

I don't think it's coming soon, or going to be a result of the current budget "crisis".

If things don't get unf^(#ed within the next few years though, it will be REALLY BAD. The things going on in Greece should tell even the most insipid moonbat that once we go broke, there's NO ONE going to bail us out. That's when the parasite class will go on a rampage and cities will burn.

Last edited:

okboomer

We may have no choice in whether the collapse comes or not ... have any of you been watching the harvest reports for this year? Wheat is in the crapper, corn is iffy and has been called a failure in the south. And think about how much of our harvest goes to other countries ... if our harvest fails, millions of people in OTHER COUNTRIES will starve, and if our harvest fails, our economy will falter again, which will delay/shrink our aide money that goes to a lot of other countries that use that money to subsidize/provide food for their citizens. And my annual garden was a huge FAILURE this year.

Whether or not the assistance checks go out, if there isn't any food in the stores, or it is priced out of range, those "parasite class" folks will riot and then Marshall Law will be called. So, how many states have legislation that blocks the seizure of personal weapons during that time? Oklahoma passed that law after Katrina.

I have rental property to provide me an income, the ex and I are partners in owning our house (bought and paid for with cash, BTW), and my renters are Senior Citizens on SS ... if those checks don't go out, what can I do? Evict them? And pay my bills and support the ex while he fights with the VA for his disability and argues with SS about disability from them? I have certain physical limitations on how long I can sit or stand and trying to get a job when I have to compete with younger folks is really hard as there just aren't that many jobs in this small town.

Be careful just who you lump into that "parasite" class as there are a lot of good folks that are needing public assistance right now through no real fault of their own ... too old, too many medical/physical issues, too many younger folks willing to work for less, etc.

Despite the Occupants' administration assertion that unemployment is still under 10%, there is compelling information showing it is closer to 20% and some even as high as 25% ... thats a LOT of folks out of work.

Right now, I am having to dip into my canned foods, but I can still get my bills paid ... I went from $1500 a month rental property income to $800 when I lost one of my tenants last October, then I have the remodeling to do because of the damage they did to the property ... more money out of pocket that I don't have, so I made a deal with a real estate agent to do the repairs and put the property on the market last November ... and the repairs still aren't done and the property hasn't sold. My back is against the wall right now, one more hit and I could be underwater. Luckily, my household expenses are $350 per month not including food or fuel/insurance for the vehicles ... that adds another $300 or so per month. Then there are a couple of other bills that I will have paid off by this time next year that add up to another $125 per month. We receive $200 in Food Stamps per month and I haven't had any serious range time in several months as I REFUSE to tap into my SHTF ammo :D Out of that, I feed 3 adults, maintain the landline, internet, dishnetwork, dog, rabbit (meat rabbits soon as I can get a girl bunny to date my buck bunny LOL), trips to VA hospital (150 mi one way) and primary care physician (70 mi one way) for ex, provide occassional day care for grandkid. If you see anywhere I can cut, or have a job that doesn't require me to sit or stand for extended periods of time, or lift more than 30lbs, or sell out and move, let me know and I will stop the ex from taking the Food Stamps. Haven't bought a DVD in almost a year, haven't bought a new gun in over a year, went out to eat last night because DD took us out for my birthday, get pizza or burgers once a month as a treat. Do most of my cooking from scratch, so no frozen dinners or junk food wasting my money.

I would agree that the term "parasite" can and should be used towards drug addicts/dealers that have not/did not contribute to society (I worked for 30 years before this old age caught up to me and I am only 51) and are on public assistance. I am not eligible for SS, but I worked for decades and paid my FICA each and every paycheck. I don't want to be medically declared disabled because when a job does come my way that I could do, I don't want to be excluded due to medical reasons.

END_THE_FED

.......As we all know however there were problems from having every little "bank" with a handful of gold coins to issue "checks" and make loans. Obviously FR banking was promoted to "fix" these problems but ended up creating something even more monstrous. I'm not going to pretend to know what the solution to that is. Dumping the fed would definately crash the economy, the bankers would do it intentionally and get away with it. The did it to Jackson I believe. Fortunately for him the public seemed to know who to blame.........

There is no problem with private banks issuing "receipts" for gold or silver they have in the vault. There is also no problem with those receipts being circulated in the private market. (assuming there is no law forcing one to accept them) The problem arises when banks print out receipts for gold or silver that they do not have. That is fraud and should be prosecuted as such. When Government decides to "legalize" fraud the whole system falls apart.

Oh speaking of "Old Hickory"

"It is apparent from the whole context of the Constitution, as well as the history of the times which gave birth to it, that it was the purpose of the Convention to establish a currency consisting of the precious metals. These, from their peculiar properties which rendered them the standard of value in all other countries, were adopted in this as well to establish its commercial standard in reference to foreign countries by a permanent rule as to exclude the use of a mutable medium of exchange, such as of certain agricultural commodities recognized by the statutes of some States as a tender for debts, or the still more pernicious expedient of a paper currency." - Andrew Jackson Dec. 5 1836

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
We may have no choice in whether the collapse comes or not ... have any of you been watching the harvest reports for this year? Wheat is in the crapper, corn is iffy and has been called a failure in the south. And think about how much of our harvest goes to other countries ... if our harvest fails, millions of people in OTHER COUNTRIES will starve, and if our harvest fails, our economy will falter again, which will delay/shrink our aide money that goes to a lot of other countries that use that money to subsidize/provide food for their citizens. And my annual garden was a huge FAILURE this year.

Whether or not the assistance checks go out, if there isn't any food in the stores, or it is priced out of range, those "parasite class" folks will riot and then Marshall Law will be called. So, how many states have legislation that blocks the seizure of personal weapons during that time? Oklahoma passed that law after Katrina.

I have rental property to provide me an income, the ex and I are partners in owning our house (bought and paid for with cash, BTW), and my renters are Senior Citizens on SS ... if those checks don't go out, what can I do? Evict them? And pay my bills and support the ex while he fights with the VA for his disability and argues with SS about disability from them? I have certain physical limitations on how long I can sit or stand and trying to get a job when I have to compete with younger folks is really hard as there just aren't that many jobs in this small town.

Be careful just who you lump into that "parasite" class as there are a lot of good folks that are needing public assistance right now through no real fault of their own ... too old, too many medical/physical issues, too many younger folks willing to work for less, etc.

Despite the Occupants' administration assertion that unemployment is still under 10%, there is compelling information showing it is closer to 20% and some even as high as 25% ... thats a LOT of folks out of work.

Right now, I am having to dip into my canned foods, but I can still get my bills paid ... I went from $1500 a month rental property income to $800 when I lost one of my tenants last October, then I have the remodeling to do because of the damage they did to the property ... more money out of pocket that I don't have, so I made a deal with a real estate agent to do the repairs and put the property on the market last November ... and the repairs still aren't done and the property hasn't sold. My back is against the wall right now, one more hit and I could be underwater. Luckily, my household expenses are $350 per month not including food or fuel/insurance for the vehicles ... that adds another $300 or so per month. Then there are a couple of other bills that I will have paid off by this time next year that add up to another $125 per month. We receive $200 in Food Stamps per month and I haven't had any serious range time in several months as I REFUSE to tap into my SHTF ammo :D Out of that, I feed 3 adults, maintain the landline, internet, dishnetwork, dog, rabbit (meat rabbits soon as I can get a girl bunny to date my buck bunny LOL), trips to VA hospital (150 mi one way) and primary care physician (70 mi one way) for ex, provide occassional day care for grandkid. If you see anywhere I can cut, or have a job that doesn't require me to sit or stand for extended periods of time, or lift more than 30lbs, or sell out and move, let me know and I will stop the ex from taking the Food Stamps. Haven't bought a DVD in almost a year, haven't bought a new gun in over a year, went out to eat last night because DD took us out for my birthday, get pizza or burgers once a month as a treat. Do most of my cooking from scratch, so no frozen dinners or junk food wasting my money.

I would agree that the term "parasite" can and should be used towards drug addicts/dealers that have not/did not contribute to society (I worked for 30 years before this old age caught up to me and I am only 51) and are on public assistance. I am not eligible for SS, but I worked for decades and paid my FICA each and every paycheck. I don't want to be medically declared disabled because when a job does come my way that I could do, I don't want to be excluded due to medical reasons.

Please don't think I consider people who don't have the ability to provide for themselves to be "parasites". People who through no fault of their own can not sustain themselves are taken care of in civilized society. A hard core libertarian purist would still cut off al government funding, but I could tolerate a "safety net". There are far too many people using it for a hammock, the parasite class> If not for them the "safety net" could be a trampoline. People who have worked but for whatever reason either can not any longer or need complete retraining in another field would be better served if not for the millions who've never made an effort because they feel entitled to handouts, or consumed so many drugs they're unable to hold a job let alone their bladders get no sympathy from me.

I've been on hard times. Never got public assistance though, but I don't mind contributing to the system if it's run properly. The only way efficiency will ever return is through massive budget cuts that force buearcrats to cut off the parasites so that the truly needy don't appear on FOX 7 with stories of government neglect.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
There is no problem with private banks issuing "receipts" for gold or silver they have in the vault. There is also no problem with those receipts being circulated in the private market. (assuming there is no law forcing one to accept them) The problem arises when banks print out receipts for gold or silver that they do not have. That is fraud and should be prosecuted as such. When Government decides to "legalize" fraud the whole system falls apart.

Oh speaking of "Old Hickory"

"It is apparent from the whole context of the Constitution, as well as the history of the times which gave birth to it, that it was the purpose of the Convention to establish a currency consisting of the precious metals. These, from their peculiar properties which rendered them the standard of value in all other countries, were adopted in this as well to establish its commercial standard in reference to foreign countries by a permanent rule as to exclude the use of a mutable medium of exchange, such as of certain agricultural commodities recognized by the statutes of some States as a tender for debts, or the still more pernicious expedient of a paper currency." - Andrew Jackson Dec. 5 1836

Doesn't that limit the economy though? I mean you can only have so much commerce if you have a limited money supply right? I wish I had the time (and intellectual capacity maybe) to envision returning to gold/silver coin for common trade. I'd love to get an ounce of gold every 2 weeks, but the commodity markets would constantly alter the value of my paycheck every week would they not? Say a massive deposit found in Northern Canada cut the value in half over night.

I agree with you that as it stands now, the system is more than merely flawed and some sinister people are getting richer than the pope even though it causes pain to society. When all they have too do is punch zeros into a computer and transfer "money" around, who cares if it depreciates %2 over night? Their buddy is still sitting on .998 Billion dollars created out of thin air, and we get to pay the interest until we pay the taxes for it. I need to get back into my books I guess. I've just been busy.

Good reading. Thanks.

If idiots like Paul Krugman oppose something, it has to be good.