• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

stopped in Bellevue I looked sad

sudden valley gunner

You can be nice and still stand up for your rights.

I have said something to the effect of this, "No offense officer, but from the advice of my lawyer I don't volunteer information. You seem like a nice guy so I bet you know where I am coming from?"

A state trooper and a deputy both told me I was right and they understand, I have had others that didn't like it, that is their problem not ours for standing up for our rights. If they don't like it they really aren't/weren't interested in being friendly in the first place.

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
And exactly what indication would the police officers have the the OP was carrying a loaded handgun on the motorcycle? NONE. He was eating a hamburger at Burger King - not eating a hamburger sitting on his motorcycle.

The cops don't know whats going on, its there job to figure it out. I helped them figure it out at light speed. I bet your here for me, just sitting by my bike, having a burger and shake, in the shade, picnic style, yes I have a cpl,can I reach in my pocket to get it, the milkshake was good, sad? no officer the food here isn't that bad. Lt. says open carries not a smart thing to do nowadays, I reply peace and love Lt. Namaste, and the other officers crack up. Came across as a nice guy, didn't get guns pulled on me, cops go away with a funny open carry incident report to write, who knows they may even tease there Lt. in the future with peace and love, Namaste Lt. It was hilarious.

Nope no PC or no RS.

They didn't know you were concealing, even if they did, they must not assume you are doing so unlawfully.

LEO think, (back me on this Primus?) is usually, if you see one, there is another. It is rare that I encounter a Citizen with just one weapon. Look at yourself right now. Yes, you have a pistol in the holster, but then the bug, the knife (or two) and who knows what else. If I conceal and I am approached by a LEO(s) I too will admit to the bug and display the cpl. I know I am carrying and I will not break the law.
On the other hand, if you approach me with the "attitude" you will be met with resistance.

EMNofSeattle

You either pull out your camera and make a dick of yourself On YT or you hate "liberty" this thread shows exactly what's wrong. OP posts a simple story and everyone's mad because he didn't handle I they would.... But if you dare question the assault rifle carriers you hate liberty sounds like a big double standard here

acmariner99

You either pull out your camera and make a dick of yourself On YT or you hate "liberty" this thread shows exactly what's wrong. OP posts a simple story and everyone's mad because he didn't handle I they would.... But if you dare question the assault rifle carriers you hate liberty sounds like a big double standard here

Normally I don't agree with EMN much but he makes a valid point here - the prevalent attitude on the forums these days is to act like an a$$wipe to any officer who wants to talk to you about OC. The OP is FREE to CHOOSE whether to volunteer his CPL or any other information or not. Many of you would choose not to, but it is his right and his choice to reveal any information he deems relevant given that situation.

You can assert your rights without being an (insert expletive here.) This "my way or you are no friend of liberty" attitude is why I should no longer be on these boards.

I guess I am no friend of OC because I am choosing to conceal more often than not these days because I don't want to deal with potential unwanted attention .. right?

retrodad

Thanks, MSG Laigaie, for catching the same context I did.

All I was doing was making an observation by what was written in the OP. Not the right one, necessarily... just one. Thanks.

sudden valley gunner

LEO think, (back me on this Primus?) is usually, if you see one, there is another. It is rare that I encounter a Citizen with just one weapon. Look at yourself right now. Yes, you have a pistol in the holster, but then the bug, the knife (or two) and who knows what else. If I conceal and I am approached by a LEO(s) I too will admit to the bug and display the cpl. I know I am carrying and I will not break the law.
On the other hand, if you approach me with the "attitude" you will be met with resistance.

It's not breaking the law if you are lawfully carrying.

Lammo posted a court case recently that showed, the cops need the RS or PC that you are not doing it lawfully, the mere fact of concealing whether provable or suspicion is not RS or PC.

I would be polite about it but would politely decline showing papers.

From what it appears in the OP's case they had no evidence he was breaking any law.

sudden valley gunner

Of course you jump to a conclusion and a way of acting no one advocated. :rolleyes:

Dave_pro2a

Normally I don't agree with EMN much but he makes a valid point here - the prevalent attitude on the forums these days is to act like an a$$wipe to any officer who wants to talk to you about OC. The OP is FREE to CHOOSE whether to volunteer his CPL or any other information or not. Many of you would choose not to, but it is his right and his choice to reveal any information he deems relevant given that situation.

You can assert your rights without being an (insert expletive here.) This "my way or you are no friend of liberty" attitude is why I should no longer be on these boards.

I guess I am no friend of OC because I am choosing to conceal more often than not these days because I don't want to deal with potential unwanted attention .. right?

Police officers consistently treat their fellow citizens with a positive attitude, respect, openness and compliance.

So citizens treat them exactly the same way.

(Is your sarcasm detector broken yet?)

Last edited:

Dave_pro2a

The cops don't know whats going on, its there job to figure it out.... Lt. says open carries not a smart thing to do nowadays

It's their job to 'investigate' a person engaged in a lawful activity? That would result with wasted time, which translates to wasted tax dollars, and gives real criminals an advantage since cops are tied up investigating law abiding citizens.

When a officer in a managing position essentially tells you "carrying a gun is not a smart thing to do" it comes pretty close to intimidation, not education -- IMHO.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Filming/recording encounters with cops is highly recommended and very few of these recordings indicate that the citizen making the recording is a jerk. The citizen, even the OP, is rarely the initiator of the encounter...so, who is being the d***?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Police officers consistently treat their fellow citizens with a positive attitude, respect, openness and compliance.

Most of the time, cops treat people politely (at first anyway) but not with respect - they are two different concepts. If they respected you then they would not even contact you.

And some don't even try to be polite ... from my experience, about 10%. They do not like me at all. I'm not very civil when dealing with harassment.

sudden valley gunner

Filming/recording encounters with cops is highly recommended and very few of these recordings indicate that the citizen making the recording is a jerk. The citizen, even the OP, is rarely the initiator of the encounter...so, who is being the d***?

+1 Why should it be any different than any other nosy busy body trying to insert themselves into your life.

Primus

Sounds accurate to me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Dave_pro2a

Sounds accurate to me.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

120627_spd_video_2.jpg

1290066717-spd_kick_via_kiro.jpg

article-choke4-0717.jpg

www.thestranger.com/seattle/hostile-policing/Content?oid=17445843
After Cops Threatened to Arrest Me and Harass Me When I Took Their Picture, I Decided to Test the Citizen Complaint Process to See if It Works

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle91...nst-spd-alleges-needless-force-during-arrest/
Aldrich Payne still approached the man on the sidewalk and asked if he was OK, but two officers reportedly grabbed her by her left wrist and handcuffed her, tightening the cuffs forcefully enough to fracture bones.

While apprehending her, officers allegedly hit her head against the car, forcefully leaned on her and pulled her left arm in a manner that dislocated her shoulder, Aldrich Payne’s attorney wrote to the court.

She also reports having been harassed, threatened and assaulted at the police station, where she was denied medical care. Aldrich Payne also says she fractured and sprained her right ankle when she was ordered to jump from the back of the transfer truck without assistance while being taken to King County Jail.

In jail, she was allegedly repeatedly denied medical care and was forced to shower and bend over naked in front of male correctional officers.

http://www.recordpub.com/news local...uard-found-guilty-of-felony-assault-on-inmate
After three hours of deliberation Friday, a jury found former Portage County jail corrections officer Connie Y. Sutton guilty of beating a female inmate inside the jail in 2012.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2012122660_coppunch16m.html
On the video, Officer Ian P. Walsh is seen punching the girl in the face after she tries to intervene in the arrest of a 19-year-old friend near Franklin High School on Monday afternoon

he department is conducting a criminal investigation into the actions of two other officers who were caught on videotape April 17 kicking a prone Latino man, with one using ethnically inflammatory language.

110112_ian_birk1.jpg

There's reality, and then there's Primus' fantasy land.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Cops are not perfect. There are people in every industry that can ever be imagined that do things that are "bad". I am not defending improper actions by the police, but this thread is turning into bashing. 2 cents.

Dave_pro2a

Cops are not perfect. There are people in every industry that can ever be imagined that do things that are "bad". I am not defending improper actions by the police, but this thread is turning into bashing. 2 cents.

Or maybe people are just providing a foil for the all too common LEO idolatry.

You say bashing, someone else says 'just pointing out the cold, harsh truth.'

Freedom1Man

So, because people are not perfect, not all criminals are bad either?

The police get a magical uniform that allows them to violate the laws, the rights of mere humans, commit perjury without recourse, and kill any animals they want to all with the okay of the police unions, judges, and prosecutors. How it is "bashing" when we are simply exposing the truth of what is going on?