• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Quick FOPA question

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Hey all,

I am traveling to PA tomorrow. I plan on OCing while there. Unfortunately to get there I have to pass through MD. I am asking this question on the Virginia forum because everyone knows the Virginia folks are the most educated individuals on the forum. :D So here it is:

I will place my FNP-40 and magazines in the factory case all unloaded. I will place the ammunition in a Ziploc bag in the same case. I then will place a lock on the case and and put the case in the trunk. I plan to carry while in VA, secure before entering MD, and then carry once in PA. Am I good to go?

Thanks for any responses.

Last edited:

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
Here's the code section:

Sec. 926A. Interstate transportation of firearms

Notwithstanding any other provision of any law or any rule or
regulation of a State or any political subdivision thereof, any person
who is not otherwise prohibited by this chapter from transporting,
shipping, or receiving a firearm shall be entitled to transport a
firearm for any lawful purpose from any place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm to any other place where he may lawfully
possess and carry such firearm if, during such transportation the
firearm is unloaded, and neither the firearm nor any ammunition being
transported is readily accessible or is directly accessible from the
passenger compartment of such transporting vehicle: Provided, That in
the case of a vehicle without a compartment separate from the driver's
compartment the firearm or ammunition shall be contained in a locked
container other than the glove compartment or console.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Thanks for the answers. Made it safely through MD without having to stop. Back in the freedom of PA!

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Assuming you have a VA permit? or a permit from some state?

reason being there is no OC in a vehicle in PA. Vehicle transport/carry requires a permit.

Sorry, I should have put that information in the OP. Yes, I do have a valid CHP.