• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New London,ccw cource

range rat

SEPTEMBER! Concealed Carry Class

Public Event · By New London Police Department.

Saturday, September 29, 2012.

8:00am until 1:00pm in CDT.

Washington​ Center (600 W. Washingtoo​n St., New London)

The New London Police Department will be hosting a Carrying Concealed Weapons class on Saturday, September 29th. The class will take place in the Community Room at the Washington Center located at 600 W. Washington St. and will run from 8:00am until 1:00pm.

This is a Wisconsin Dept. of Justice sanctioned course, designed to give you all the pertinent facts and information about this very serious subject. This program will cover all legal aspects in the use of deadly force, as well as weapons safety, handl.
..ing and storage. Upon completion of training, you will receive a proof of training certificate that will assist you in applying for a concealed carry permit in Wisconsin.

***Your instructor for this training is Asst. Chief Jay Zempel of the New London Police Dept. Jay has over 33 years of Law Enforcement experience and is designated as a Master Instructor in Firearms by the Wisconsin Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board. He is currently the senior firearms instructor at the FVTC Police Academy, and has personally trained thousands of law enforcement officers over the last 26 years.

COST:

City of New London resident: $50
Non-resident of New London (resident of WI): $75
Employees of the City of New London: $25

You can pre-register for this class at the New London Police Dept. from 8am-12am until Sept. 24, 2012. Payment is due at that time. (All hand outs and course material included in price.)

•No handguns are allowed at this training site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JJC

should be free ...

Why should it be free.

I pay to rent the hall,

I pay lights and heat for the hall. (that's the way it's broken down in the rental agreement).

I pay for handouts.

I've paid for the projector and laptop.

I pay to get certified and to keep my certification up to date.

I've been doing this for 30 plus years.

I'm going to get flamed for my response.

But we don't live in one of the three states that don't require orgainized training.

Bottom line, you get what you pay for.