• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Spokane City Counsel Meeting July 8th

Lammo

An open (carry) note to the GTHDSBKLs on the Spokane City Council and at the PFD, with apologies to Inigo Montoya:

I don't think that ordinance means what you think it means.

Bwaaahahahahahaha. :)

* GTHDSBKL = Greenie Tree Hugging Dope Smoking Bunny Kissing Liberal (thank you and credit for the term to Rick Rydell)

alexm963

So I'm curious as to what the step 2 is that Jeff is referring to. Here is a copy of my post from SGT that states my understanding of the law.

Thanks for the replies fellas. I have been researching it all day myself as well. One of the guys I work with also does security for StaffPro at the Arena and Convention Center. In fact he claims to be the one that stopped the OC guys at the Ron Paul deal last year. But he likes to tell stories. He claims that nothing will change so took it upon myself to educate him. Here's what I found.

http://www.spokanepfd.org/ History Page
"The District is a municipal corporation. It is an independent taxing authority and a taxing district as defined in the state Constitution. The boundaries are coextensive with the boundaries of Spokane County. "

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.300

"(2) Cities, towns, counties, and other municipalities may enact laws and ordinances:...
(b) Restricting the possession of firearms in any stadium or convention center, operated by a city, town, county, or other municipality, except that such restrictions shall not apply to:
(i) Any pistol in the possession of a person licensed under RCW 9.41.070 or exempt from the licensing requirement by RCW 9.41.060"

So that says the SPFD can't restrict CPL carriers, but doesn't clarify the rights of the company using the facility.

http://www.spokanearena.com/useagreement.php
"1. The parties understand this agreement constitutes a revocable license and not a lease. "

http://dor.wa.gov/content/getaformorpub ... state.aspx
"A license to use real estate merely grants a right to use the real property. It does not confer exclusive dominion or control over the property."

That states that whoever is using the facility does not have private property rights as they only have a use license not a lease. So yes it appears that we should not be restricted from entering any SPFD facility if we have a CPL. Now this doesn't mean we have to conceal the weapon, you could OC as long as you have a CPL.

Is there something I am missing as far as someone restricting a CPL holder from carrying at one of the SPFD locations? As a municipal entity are they not bound by the restrictions outlined in 9.41.300? Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can enlightne me.

Jeff Hayes

An open (carry) note to the GTHDSBKLs on the Spokane City Council and at the PFD, with apologies to Inigo Montoya:

I don't think that ordinance means what you think it means.

Bwaaahahahahahaha. :)

* GTHDSBKL = Greenie Tree Hugging Dope Smoking Bunny Kissing Liberal (thank you and credit for the term to Rick Rydell)

+1

Jeff Hayes

You are welcome.

As it turned out, I did not need to speak at last night's council meeting,
as others more capable than I were already on the list.

My good friend, Jonny Quest, called, and I am afraid our services are needed elsewhere.

I am sure that others will take up the cause, working through the next step.

Namaste.
hadji

Adios Amigo, thanks for all your hard work.

Jeff Hayes

So I'm curious as to what the step 2 is that Jeff is referring to. Here is a copy of my post from SGT that states my understanding of the law.

Is there something I am missing as far as someone restricting a CPL holder from carrying at one of the SPFD locations? As a municipal entity are they not bound by the restrictions outlined in 9.41.300? Perhaps someone with more knowledge on the subject can enlightne me.

Please be patient it will become apparent within the next few months.

hermannr

Someone over there is disseminating misinformation. KXLY has it wrong too. (see today's "sound off")

Can we get an apology and correction out?

Jeff Hayes

Someone over there is disseminating misinformation. KXLY has it wrong too. (see today's "sound off")

Can we get an apology and correction out?

Not really worth the effort IMHO the news media is not interested in correct accurate information on this subject.

BobR

Not really worth the effort IMHO the news media is not interested in correct accurate information on this subject.

I agree with that. Once they get something wrong, especially if they think it is right, they will not admit to a mistake.

As an aside, the number of people with guns at the council meeteing kept growing with every story, first it was 3, then several, then 10. With the people who concealed, there is no way to actually know, yet they try to report a number as a fact, just the way the media works.

bob