• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC-M/C- good encounter!

Hammer

I had to run to Anacortes to get some beer-making yeast. Suited up with my new Redhawk on my right hip. It's weird for me as I am left-handed, but I don't have a left-handed holster right now so this weak side will have to do.
On R Ave down by Safeway passed by a town LEO. I'm sure he saw my weapon on my hip.
Returning, he was on the other side of the street, and I rode right by him again... This time he showed some interest, and kind of horned in on traffic to catch up. I expected some lights, but we got to the 4 lane and he just stayed about my 4 o'clock. I figured he was oogling my sidearm. As I came to the light to enter Hiway 20, he caught up and passed on my right. I looked over. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up! I returned a wave.
Now that's a positive encounter!

Metalhead47

I had to run to Anacortes to get some beer-making yeast. Suited up with my new Redhawk on my right hip. It's weird for me as I am left-handed, but I don't have a left-handed holster right now so this weak side will have to do.
On R Ave down by Safeway passed by a town LEO. I'm sure he saw my weapon on my hip.
Returning, he was on the other side of the street, and I rode right by him again... This time he showed some interest, and kind of horned in on traffic to catch up. I expected some lights, but we got to the 4 lane and he just stayed about my 4 o'clock. I figured he was oogling my sidearm. As I came to the light to enter Hiway 20, he caught up and passed on my right. I looked over. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up! I returned a wave.
Now that's a positive encounter!

Now that's the kind of LEO encounter you want.

Where is there a homebrew place in Anacortes, and what are you brewing??

Hammer

So, lesse, answering questions:
The homebrew shop in Anacortes is Northwest Brewers, on 6th street just west of Commercial. Been using it for years. Larry, and now his son, are good folk. You can go in and talk brewing, winemaking, politics, and even distilled liquids.... (I have some 192 proof stashed)

I just bottled 10 gallons of Belgian Wit

Got yeast for 10 gallons of ESB, to be brewed over the holiday weekend, but not on pistol match day, Sunday.

Wolfbane, I'll put in some activity to keep that thread near the top, but to be honest, most of my OCing is pretty non-eventful. I carry pretty much everywhere except where it is patently illegal (even a few that openly say they don't allow it, but I "forget", or "didn't know") and have had only a very few real reportable interactions, most of those brought up here, but some time ago.

Last, devildoc, does this mean it's time to bury the hatchet? :)