• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

One Brick at a time

Packfanatic

One at a time

Interesting and logical decision.

Our village attorney works and lives in Madistan and his opinion is that of an anti and all our village ( TAXPAYER ) owned buildings are posted. Also our left wing nut police chief sent his troops around to businesses putting the fear of the Lord into them to post. The wisconsin police chiefs association seems to be left wing nut as well? So if something happens to me or a family member while in a "village" owned building They should be sued for millions of dollars and then there will be no more village :)

protias

Landers, a former Wisconsin Dells police officer, said he advises police chiefs and sheriffs on liability issues and is appointed by the state to be on a use of force committee to talk about liability matters. He also said he is a Madison College instructor who teaches the concealed carry law. He said if the village of Lake Delton is taking the opposite stance, he thinks it is taking a risk.
"This has nothing to do with safety, I hope you all realize it. I think safety is paramount to me for our community, and I will bend over backwards to do whatever I can to make people safe. But it just goes to that the city's directive, based on all the research that we've done including the company that insures us, has said don't post. It's just too soon," Landers said.
He said the state will likely need a court case to clear up the law.
"I don't want the Dells to be that test case. And I don't want to be paying out on a federal lawsuit millions of dollars," he said.

He gets it!