• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back in the Saddle!

Brent Hartman

I started open carrying about 4 years ago when I lived in Arizona, and I continued to open carry when I moved to Kentucky. Then I fell on some hard times, moved back to my home state of Missouri, and had to sell my only handgun. My wife and I just got some unexpected money, and we decided to replace some of the guns we had to sell. Our new SR9Cs will be delivered in just a few days. Happy days are here again! :)

I'm looking forward to being able to open carry in my home state for the first time. Open carrying in Arizona and Kentucky doesn't even get a second look. In Kentucky, I even gave open carry discounts when I was selling kettle corn at festivals and flea markets. :) Missouri is a little different. I've not seen anyone open carry in my area of Northwest and Northcentral Missouri. That got me thinking, does anyone open carry in my geographic area? Does anyone here open carry in the Cameron, Chillicothe, Gallatin, or Trenton areas? If so, I'd love to hear from you, and plan some meet ups. I'd like to see open carry become as common here as it is in Arizona and Kentucky.

kylemoul

Have fun with the SR9c's. That is my mail carry gun. Mostly accurate. Blackhawk makes SERPA holsters for the SR9, and the SR9c will fit it. That is what I myself use for OC.

Brent Hartman

Have fun with the SR9c's. That is my mail carry gun. Mostly accurate. Blackhawk makes SERPA holsters for the SR9, and the SR9c will fit it. That is what I myself use for OC.

Thanks for the tip. One thing I miss about my G19 is the multitude of options it had for accessories. I think the Blackhawk CQC is going to be my choice. I prefer level 2 retention holsters for OC, and the Blackhawk is in my budget.

OC for ME

Thoroughly research the local ordinances in your normal area of travel. Be sure to comport yourself in accordance with the law.....don't be "that guy."

A few of our Jeff City reps have seen fit to not fight for the restoration of our liberties in the last veto session, and thus cannot be counted on to fight for the restoration of our liberties in the upcoming regular session.

Get involved in any way you can and work to restore our liberties. Talking to friends and neighbors costs not one thin dime. Talk to as many folks as you can now and keep liberty a topic of conversation. The next regular session is not that far off.