• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at Renown Medical Center (Reno)

john-in-reno

Who owns it?

They have a .org website, but that is not authoritative.

For more than 140 years, our hospital has served the healthcare needs of northern Nevada. Originally operated by Washoe County as the county hospital, ownership of Washoe Medical Center was transferred in 1984 to the newly created Washoe Health System, a private, not-for-profit corporation. In the fall of 2006 after an extensive community study, Washoe Medical Center become Renown Health. Today, both Renown Health and Renown Regional Medical Center operate as private, not-for-profit organizations.

http://www.renown.org/History

jfrey123

Having just gone through 9 months of prenatal care in that exact building, and having gone through the birth of my child in October in the actual hospital (along with my buddy's newborn spending time in the NICU 2 years ago), I have not seen any sign on any Renown building prohibiting carry of any sort. And I'm glad I've never been unarmed at that hospital considering these events.

Some reports said the man calmly walked in with the 12ga in hand, told people in the lobby they should leave. Un-effing real...

Last edited: