• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun Rights advancing in NH!

ShireMan

NH already has Open Carry with no license required, and "Constitutional Carry" just passed the NH House of Reps with a vote of 244-109. ( http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view/2011/HB330 ) and it looks like it ought to pass the Senate soon as well.

In the Senate, they have another bill ( http://www.nhliberty.org/bills/view/2011/SB88 ) which is a "Stand Your Ground" bill, which just passed out of committee with an "Ought To Pass" on Thursday.

Great time to live in NH!

aadvark

ShireMan:

As You may Recall, in Previous Posts, I Myself, Agreed that The State of New Hampshire will be in a Contest with other States in a Race to Enact Constitutional Protections beyond The Original Three States: Alaska, Arizona, Vermont. Wyoming, is now The Fourth State to have Constitutional Carry protections built into Law, with Utah Close behind..., and Colorado Droppiong out of The Race on a Close 3 Nay-2Yea Vote.

aadvark

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Constitutional Carry in NH would not only benefit residents and visitors alike, but significantly add impetus to the movement in other states - keep the ball rolling.

Last edited:

swinokur

Activist Member
ShireMan:

As You may Recall, in Previous Posts, I Myself, Agreed that The State of New Hampshire will be in a Contest with other States in a Race to Enact Constitutional Protections beyond The Original Three States: Alaska, Arizona, Vermont. Wyoming, is now The Fourth State to have Constitutional Carry protections built into Law, with Utah Close behind..., and Colorado Droppiong out of The Race on a Close 3 Nay-2Yea Vote.

aadvark

Wyoming only allows residents to carry without a permit. I would hesitate calling this Constitutional carry as it is not applied to all citizens of the US.

YMMV

Aknazer

Wyoming only allows residents to carry without a permit. I would hesitate calling this Constitutional carry as it is not applied to all citizens of the US.

YMMV

Is their carry applied to people from other states that allow constitutional carry? Or would someone from a place like Vermont still need to get a license to OC in Wyoming?

swinokur

Activist Member
Is their carry applied to people from other states that allow constitutional carry? Or would someone from a place like Vermont still need to get a license to OC in Wyoming?

Anyone can OC in Wyoming. The only people who can CC without a permits are RESIDENTS

That's not Constitutional carry in the sense that carry of any kind is allowed for anyone with no permit or restrictions.

Last edited: