• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3rd annual OC Picnic- Hopkins lake-Owosso

WARCHILD

I can't find the other thread to bump so I had to post a new one.

3rd Annual Open Carry Picnic

Where: Gerald E. Collamer Park - Hopkins Lake
Address: 1409 South M-52 (Shiawassee Street) Owosso, Michigan
From Date: June 12, 2011---12:00 PM (noon) till….?

This is an annual event on the free fishing weekend, so the dates will change each year; but it will always be a Sunday event.
Bring a picnic lunch and enjoy some good company. There are pavilions, hibachis, fishing, volleyball, and nature trail.

There is a large dock to fish from or use your boat/canoe. NOTE: Electric Trolling Motors Only. Sorry no swimming allowed.

B

Bikenut

Me & Yooperlady will be there...... Lord willing and the creek don't rise.

WARCHILD

Shameless bump...
There doesn't seem to be much interest in attending. :cry:
I promise to take a shower:shocker: and of course...I'll wear "the hat".:banana:

B

Bikenut

Shameless bump...
There doesn't seem to be much interest in attending. :cry:
I promise to take a shower:shocker: and of course...I'll wear "the hat".:banana:
Dude.... it's the hat that keeps people away from you..............

Although taking a shower helps a bit.:D

TheQ

I'm in. I'll bring my lass along.

Are there grills available in the park? If not will someone be bringing a grill? :)

I'll help pay for charcoal/fuel.

TheQ

Uh...duh...:banghead:read the original post with all the info Q! (sarcasm off)
Hibachis...no gas grills.:(

I don't speak Japanese :(

But it makes sense now that the local Japanese place is called Hibachi. Is Hibachi Japanese for grill?

squatch

I would love to be there but I'm working in South Dakota. Maybe something will be going on when I get back.

WARCHILD

Well it looks for now like mother nature is going to be generous tomorrow..partly cloudy and 71..:banana: but this is michigan and we may wake up to snow!:shocker:

Look forward to seeing you all there.:banana:

Orion

Have a great time everybody. Looks like you'll have good weather. I wanted to join you but I am on-call this week and that is just too far away. See you in July in Roseville.

TheQ

Aidan and I send our apologies, but we're not going to be able to make it. Our sour chest colds have flared up again :(

Time to dose up on the "Night Time" and hit the sack. Have fun everyone...

B

Bikenut

Shameless bump in case anyone is close enough to show up on their lunch hour.

WARCHILD

Another great gathering of 2A supporters!
Good food, friendship, and some fantastic conversation.
My thanks to all who shared their time with us.

B

Bikenut

Good turnout at Hopkins Lake.... in spite of everyone knowing Warchild was gonna be there wearing his hat (Hi Buddy!:D).... what was very good to see were 3.. yep .. 3... Ladies OC'ing.

HKcarrier

Good turnout at Hopkins Lake.... in spite of everyone knowing Warchild was gonna be there wearing his hat (Hi Buddy!:D).... what was very good to see were 3.. yep .. 3... Ladies OC'ing.

Yeah, but were any single?! ;) It doesn't count if they're not 1.) carrying, 2.) sexy, and 3.) SINGLE... sounds like you only had 2 of the 3. lol