• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

3 bust into Albuquerque home wearing masks...and then were chased out of the home...

jhow1nm2

Of course, they didn't realize that the victims would pick up swords and chase them out...

The Associated Press

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. —

Three armed men wearing Halloween masks busted into an Albuquerque apartment and robbed the terrified residents. What the three didn't count on was the residents fighting back.

Police say the masked men were armed with a machete, a baton and a golf club. The man with the machete was swinging it wildly at people as he demanded wallets and money Saturday night.

KOAT-TV (http://bit.ly/vCR4zw ) reports the intruders didn't count on the victims fighting back. Some of the victims picked up swords and chased the masked men out of the apartment.

Police later arrested Marcelo Gallegos, Joseph Morrison and Joshua Jordan on suspicion of home invasion, kidnapping, larceny and aggravated battery.

http://www.kfoxtv.com/ap/ap/new-mexico/3-bust-into-albuquerque-home-wearing-masks/nFSCj/

Jack House

AHAHAHAHA

One of my friends owns a metric crapload of bladed instruments. Swords, machetes, knives, daggers, throwing knives, axes, hatchets and various other things. I pity the fool that tries to break into his house, especially when we're all there doing whatever. Imagine a bunch of men, the shortest of which is like 6' and at like 200lbs+, with swords, axes, guns and machetes. ;)

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
They could have racked a shotgun. I think that would have the same effect....

In the end, any weapon is better than no weapon.

Contrarian

breaking into wrong home...

The three dunder-heads should have grabbed their Bics or Parker rollerballs...

Everyone knows that the pen is mightier than the sword.

Good outcome.

MilProGuy

"Three armed men wearing Halloween masks busted into an Albuquerque apartment and robbed the terrified residents. What the three didn't count on was the residents fighting back."

The three men's names: Curly, Larry, and Moe.

BGs seem to get more stupid as each year passes. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

MKEgal

"Police say the masked men were armed with a machete, a baton and a golf club"
Baton like what the cheerleaders twirl? How lame.
The other 2 at least could do some damage... to anyone without a longer-reached tool.
The article w/ the shorter link actually gave the address of the apartment. So now crooks know not to go there. LOL

Badger Johnson

The article w/ the shorter link actually gave the address of the apartment. So now crooks know not to go there. LOL

That burns me up. I think if the REPORTER is going to give the victim's address he should post his own (the reporter's) email and ADDRESS in the piece. I mean so that angry dissidents to his opinion can go to his house and DISCUSS it with him/her.

okboomer

MKEgal;1641107Baton like what the cheerleaders twirl? How lame.[/QUOTE said:
Probably an Asp - collapsable baton like the police carry. Those are considered a lethal weapon.

twindragons11

stupid robbers.... they are lucky they didnt come to my house. id put a hole in their heads using my buckshots.

freaking scumbags

Old Grump

Putting a shotgun in a rack is going to scare a machete wielding robber?

Or did you mean working the action would make such a horrible scary sound that it would scare the robbers and make them flee with wet pants?

There wasn't anything in the story to give us the idea that doing anything with a shotgun was a viable alternative, not everybody has one.

I do but I think I might have been tempted to grab one of my swords just for the fun factor of making these dopes feel real fear. There is just something unnerving about naked steel with a sharp edge and a point that makes your little belly and the parts below it shrivel up from adrenaline induced fear. I think the people did just fine with what they had to work with.

Kirbinator

Yeah, you cycle a round into the empty chamber, and if you're lucky, the person on the other end immediately flees. He might change his life, or he'll tell others to avoid that place because he almost got ended.

However, if you already have a round in that chamber, and a legal justification for discharging that firearm, everyone in a 1000 sq mile circle around that place will know that it is not a neighborhood for such hijinks, as the news media will get the word out.

Let's go further with this. Let's say I happen to have, as a self-defense gun, a rifle with a long bayonet. Now, I'm faced with an attacker bearing a "non-lethal" weapon such as a golf club. Am I justified in using my rifle bayonet for self-defense? Will the police grimly accept my plea as they step around the door, complete with BG and rifle still stuck in it?

I think we're going to go back to the definition of what lethal force is on the basis of how force can be applied to specific weak areas of the human body. Someone picked up a chunk of concrete and went to prison for years because he smashed a police officer in the head with it. What is lethal force? What is a non-lethal weapon? If I take a bat and swing at your leg, land a hit and tear your femoral artery open, you're going to die of internal bleeding. The definition of Lethal Force is in the eye of the EMT.

Last edited:

frommycolddeadhands

Let's go further with this. Let's say I happen to have, as a self-defense gun, a rifle with a long bayonet. Now, I'm faced with an attacker bearing a "non-lethal" weapon such as a golf club. Am I justified in using my rifle bayonet for self-defense? Will the police grimly accept my plea as they step around the door, complete with BG and rifle still stuck in it?

If someone is assaulting you with a golf club, that's assault with a deadly weapon, which is enough for most reasonable people to fear for their life.

Use of lethal force is authorized, whether it's a bayonette or a bullet.

IANAL.

Cheers.

whatwentwrong

If you would have told me yrs ago...

That I would be sitting here reading about my son's burglary and assault charges on the internet I would have said you were crazy. That my son was good but "finding his way". Yes one of these boys is my son. I won't say which one. Our family has had such tragedy and this is one of the HUGE one's. I won't make excuses. He is addicted to meth and heroin. I, personally, have not seen him since Sept 2010 when he went crazy and assaulted me...actually tried to kill me...after a birthday party that I made happen. Now, I have never been assaulted before this and I did press charges and I was granted a FIVE YEAR order of protection for his little sis and myself. So he was homeless with no family help and addicted to dope. And on the news I see him and what he did to those people. I thank goodness he had no gun! It could have been fatal. I don't know the other 2 men who were there that night. But I suspect they were fellow drug abusers. I knew my son's friends' before all the craziness took over. So where do I look for where I went wrong? I have gone thru this in my mind time and again. He had structure and discipline and love as a child. He was a complete mama's boy for many years. Where did it all go so wrong? My son has pleaded guilty and is facing 31 yrs. And I haven't even contacted him due to my disgust and the restraining order. What would you guys do? I'm so lost on this.

Dahwg

Wow, as a dad I cannot imagine what you are going through. I can tell you this, our job as parents is a tough one. We can do everything right, but in the end our kids have free will. Sadly, all we can do is pray that somehow God can shake some sense into them. Stay strong for your family, and try to forgive your son, love covers a multitude of sins, he is in the hands of the criminal justice system now paying the price for his. Maybe the first step toward restoration is being reconciled with his dad.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

whatwentwrong

Thanx Dahwg

Your words are encouraging about forgiveness. I have forgiven him many times over. But I can't allow him near the family, or his 8yo sister, until he is clean. This child attacked me and broke my eye socket. Then he held me by my throat against a wall as I pummeled him to be let down. He doesn't even remember what he did to me. The drugs he was on made him unaware of what he did.

My son's father died when he was 3yo. I raised him alone. And I found out MANY years later that his father was quite a pervert. Thank goodness he died young!

Anyway, I miss my son but I cannot convince myself to contact him. He hurt so many people. He needs religion that I do not have.

RRobaldo

Your family will be in my prayers tonight. I hope he can overcome his addiction and that you are one day able to reunite with him.
I'll pray that he gets the help he needs before he takes a life, or has his taken from him.

noname762

AHAHAHAHA

One of my friends owns a metric crapload of bladed instruments. Swords, machetes, knives, daggers, throwing knives, axes, hatchets and various other things. I pity the fool that tries to break into his house, especially when we're all there doing whatever. Imagine a bunch of men, the shortest of which is like 6' and at like 200lbs+, with swords, axes, guns and machetes. ;)

Indeed....tho as another poster so eloquently put it...I'd much rather be working the slide of my Mossy 500. My self defense loads are lined up slug, oo buck, slug, oo buck...I think yall get the picture...lol

Last edited:

noname762

Your words are encouraging about forgiveness. I have forgiven him many times over. But I can't allow him near the family, or his 8yo sister, until he is clean. This child attacked me and broke my eye socket. Then he held me by my throat against a wall as I pummeled him to be let down. He doesn't even remember what he did to me. The drugs he was on made him unaware of what he did.

My son's father died when he was 3yo. I raised him alone. And I found out MANY years later that his father was quite a pervert. Thank goodness he died young!

Anyway, I miss my son but I cannot convince myself to contact him. He hurt so many people. He needs religion that I do not have.

Tho not a Bible thumper as a rule you might find solace with a Bible. Pick one up and start reading. Jesus can give you Great Comfort when you are searching for Peace. All you have to do is ask the Lord Jesus to forgive you of your sins. Then keep reading your Bible. Find a good Christ centered church in your AO and go frequently. He Is The Light.

Jack House

Well, there is my handgun and his shotgun. He's more of a blades guy, though.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2