• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help for a visitor?

Skinnedknuckles

Not precisely OC related, but definitely gun related. I'm temporarily in NC for a while and wanted to visit a gun show or two. Greenville is closest for me and I see they have one next weekend. Raleigh is further but doable and I see they have a show the weekend after Greenville. I attended the show in Greenville in last year and it was a pretty small show. Is the Raleigh show bigger? Worth the extra drive?

Thanks.

rotorhead

Not precisely OC related, but definitely gun related. I'm temporarily in NC for a while and wanted to visit a gun show or two. Greenville is closest for me and I see they have one next weekend. Raleigh is further but doable and I see they have a show the weekend after Greenville. I attended the show in Greenville in last year and it was a pretty small show. Is the Raleigh show bigger? Worth the extra drive?

Thanks.

Yes, the Raleigh one is much bigger, especially if it's a Dixie one. Even the C&E one will be bigger though.

Skinnedknuckles

Yes, the Raleigh one is much bigger, especially if it's a Dixie one. Even the C&E one will be bigger though.

This is apparenly a C&E/Showmasters show. Maybe I'll do both. Life is tough that way. Thanks for the info. Assuming because of the recent ND at the Dixie show, they are adding extrra requirements about loaded guns.

bc.cruiser

This is apparenly a C&E/Showmasters show. Maybe I'll do both. Life is tough that way. Thanks for the info. Assuming because of the recent ND at the Dixie show, they are adding extrra requirements about loaded guns.

No extra requirements; loaded guns are not allowed. Just have it unloaded before you go in; security will zip tie it.

Last edited:

ncwabbit

as weather has improved and if you have time the drive down 13 to fayettville to their show is outstanding...

enjoy your stay

wabbit

Last edited:

cricketdad

No extra requirements; loaded guns are not allowed. Just have it unloaded before you go in; security will zip tie it.

Announced at the guns show Saturday. If going to Raleigh gun show with a firearm, signs will direct you to a parking lot just for you. The will be a different door that you will have to use. More security restriction on dealers. If guns are not under glass they have to be cabled together, tie wraped so a mag can't be inserted and a few other things.

J-SiN

open carry IS allowed but your firearm will be zip tied in an open chamber position and in a manner that a magazine can not be inserted

Skinnedknuckles

Ammo Available?

Do the vendors have any stock ammo and reloading supplies at the gun shows?

I'm particularly interested in .45 Long Colt target ammo.

Also, I'm looking for Small Pistol Primers.

I'd hate to drive to Raleigh (or even Greenville) just to find empty shelves.

Thanks for your help.