• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Knife thread.

Okie

What's your favorite knife? Mine is an M1911 knife from Ultimate equipment:D

http://www.ultimate-equipment.com/

ODK_zpsb1bff439.jpg

m1911_zps07082e50.jpg

MKEgal

Welcome to the forum.

Please review the forum rules.
Rule #8:
KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge".

If you want to advertize, contact Mike or John to become a sponsor. Sponsors have their own thread for that.

Aknazer

To keep this somewhat in the OC vein, remember that a HWP doesn't allow you to carry knives that are unlawful to carry via Section 1272.

As for my favorite knife, I really like my Microtech Ultratech, but I don't carry it because of the law. So I typically have a CKRT on me. titanium frame, 4" blade with serrations at the base. It's nice and light and works just fine for all of my uses.

cbxer55

As far as the General forum, when I said we should have a kninfe thread, I meant a knife thread for us Oklahoman's. I do not give a rats backside about what knives those in other states ae packing. Just Oklahoma, so thanks to the OP for starting it. I would have, but as you'll see below, my picture taking is horrid. And I do not know why, they just all turn out somewhat blurry, and I cannot seem to stop it.

These are my two 1911 knives, the small one from Lone Wolf Knives, the large one from Foster Knives. Both are made in the USA. I typically carry the small one left side and the large one right side. Always have two knives on me, one per side.

I'll post some others later, if this thread survives moderation.

01010001_zps8eb64839.jpg

01010002_zps43270c8f.jpg

WalkingWolf

Welcome to the forum.

Please review the forum rules.
Rule #8:
KEEP IT ON-TOPIC: All gun rights discussions not directly related to open carry should take place in the "General Discussions" forum and topics that are not related to gun rights at all should take place in "The Lounge".

If you want to advertize, contact Mike or John to become a sponsor. Sponsors have their own thread for that.

What she said. :cool:

cbxer55

On page 4 there is a thread named Gun Safes. That is not Open Carry related, yet I see no "warnings" about putting that on the General Discussion forum. Is the Happy New Year thread on page 5 directly related to OC? What gives anyhow? Political correctness coming here now? Dislike knives? Hmmmm? If one browses, there are numerous threads in this forum that are not strictly Open Carry related. Fortunately I see our moderator has not moved any of them. I am a moderator on an auto related forum, and I use common sense in what I do there. Appears to be the same here.

But I digress, back to knives. ;-)

Here are my three Spyderco Military's. The two hole clip is from the original production run in 93. The other two are brand new as of 2012, a black bladed right hander and a satin finish left hander. They changed from two holes to three because the two-holer was weak, as evidence I had to remove the clip on mine, rethread the holes for bigger screws and reattach. The black coating on the two holer clip is just heat shrink tubing, which works well until you rub up against something accidentally. It makes the clip grippier. Otherwise it has aged well. These are by far, my favorite carry knives. Blade geometry and shape are perfect, excellent slicers due to the flat ground blade profile. The CPM steels hold a great edge forever.

01010009.jpg

01010008.jpg

01010010.jpg

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

I don't think anybody dislikes knives, I always open carry a knife, ALWAYS. I like talking about them also. The site has rules, and since most of us are unpaid members and they are providing a welcome service to us, we should respect their rules. Plus if the discussion were in the social lounge many more people who are knife lovers would jump in. You will probably find a knife audience slim in just a state sub forum.

cbxer55

I don't think anybody dislikes knives, I always open carry a knife, ALWAYS. I like talking about them also. The site has rules, and since most of us are unpaid members and they are providing a welcome service to us, we should respect their rules. Plus if the discussion were in the social lounge many more people who are knife lovers would jump in. You will probably find a knife audience slim in just a state sub forum.

I am only interested in what my fellow oklahomans carry. I can get the rest, if I so desire, and I do not, from any knife site out there. As I pointed out above you there are numerous threads in the OKLAHOMA Forum that are not directly related to Open Carry. Move one, move em all. If this thread gets moved, I'll be searching to see if all the other non-OC threads are also moved. It's only fair.

Besides, the guy who pointed it out is a regular member, not a paid member. Why don't we wait for a moderator to speak on the matter before jumping to conclusions?

Your in North Carolina anyhow, why are you so concerned with the Oklahoma forum? I've never read, nor do I ever intend to read, anything in the North Carolina forum.

Our moderator, John Pierce, is online currently. I do not see him having a conniption here.

Last edited:

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Can I just point out that forum members are free to post in whichever sub-forum they wish. The Oklahoma thread is not exclusively for those members who reside in Oklahoma. All members are free to participate.

I happen to think that your thread topic is germane to open carry and have no problem with it, but then again you don't care what I think.

WalkingWolf

I am only interested in what my fellow oklahomans carry. I can get the rest, if I so desire, and I do not, from any knife site out there. As I pointed out above you there are numerous threads in the OKLAHOMA Forum that are not directly related to Open Carry. Move one, move em all. If this thread gets moved, I'll be searching to see if all the other non-OC threads are also moved. It's only fair.

Besides, the guy who pointed it out is a regular member, not a paid member. Why don't we wait for a moderator to speak on the matter before jumping to conclusions?

Your in North Carolina anyhow, why are you so concerned with the Oklahoma forum? I've never read, nor do I ever intend to read, anything in the North Carolina forum.

Our moderator, John Pierce, is online currently. I do not see him having a conniption here.

Nobody is having a conniption except for you. One member just pointed out the rules, I agreed with her. Knife carry while you may feel is exclusive to OK is not, it is 2A issue though not inline with the promotion of open carry properly holstered HANDGUNS(OCDO). And you are right there are many knife sites out there.:idea:

FreeInAZ

Just a quick note - *** Many states do not preempt knives! What this means is - In states like Michigan one can be completely legal in carrying a sidearm per state law yet be in violation for a pocket knife and face a concealed wepons charge from any backwater PD! Thankfully I now live in the great state of Arizona and carry knives in addition to my pistols without issue. :D

Last edited:

cbxer55

Can I just point out that forum members are free to post in whichever sub-forum they wish. The Oklahoma thread is not exclusively for those members who reside in Oklahoma. All members are free to participate.

I happen to think that your thread topic is germane to open carry and have no problem with it, but then again you don't care what I think.

Let's put that I don't care in context, shall we. I live in Oklahoma, and as far as this site is concerned, I rarely ever stray out of the Oklahoma forum. If someone starts a knife thread in general, I will never see it or participate in it. In that regard, I do not care. I like to see what people in this state are doing, or carrying. If I was concerned about more than that, I would stray from this forum. 99% of my activity here is in this forum and will remain such. If the moderator's want to move this thread, which I did not start btw, to general, fine. My participation in it will be finished. I hope that when they move this one because it is not open carry related, they move all the others I have found within this forum. Fair is fair. That's all I ask, fairness.

I'll have more pictures later, I have a ton of knives, including a bunch of autos, which never leave my home obviously.

FreeInAZ

@cbxer

Hey - if you ever get sick of keeping those auto's at home come on down to AZ where they are no big deal to have (even outside your house) :D My favorite gun store here sells some really nice autos & lot's of locals carry them daily. :cool:

Last edited:

WalkingWolf

@cbxer

Hey - if you ever get sick of keeping those auto's at home come on down to AZ where they are no big deal to have (even outside your house) :D My favorite gun store here sells some really nice autos & lot's of locals carry them daily. :cool:

He only cares about Oklahoma. :p:p

cbxer55

@cbxer

Yeah I know about Arizona and it's knife laws. Been to that big knife store on I-40, the one with the prices that give you a heart attack and you always leave empty handed? I really do not have much attraction to autos any more, and have been selling mine here and there. Most of today's one-hand openers are just as quick, probably safer, and will not get you in trouble for having them. I do not even have any of the so-called "assisted" openers at all. They are just a gimmick IMHO. A knife that has a spring that will break eventually. Know several people with assisted openers that are just one-handers now because the kick spring broke, name brand too. They tell me it is not worth spending the money to send them back for repairs. I agree.

Last edited:

Okie

As far as the General forum, when I said we should have a kninfe thread, I meant a knife thread for us Oklahoman's. I do not give a rats backside about what knives those in other states ae packing. Just Oklahoma, so thanks to the OP for starting it. I would have, but as you'll see below, my picture taking is horrid. And I do not know why, they just all turn out somewhat blurry, and I cannot seem to stop it.

These are my two 1911 knives, the small one from Lone Wolf Knives, the large one from Foster Knives. Both are made in the USA. I typically carry the small one left side and the large one right side. Always have two knives on me, one per side.

I'll post some others later, if this thread survives moderation.

01010001_zps8eb64839.jpg

01010002_zps43270c8f.jpg
Nice set up my friend:D

1911 Range Officer

M9 bayonet. (for my A2/A3 hybrid 20" AR)

or

Carson M16, both are excellent knifes/bayonet. The Carson M16 actually has a harder blade. I had mine tested at 58 Rockwell hardness. The M9 bayonet is made from SS, not sure of it's RC rating but it's nothing compared to the Carson blade. My guess is the military was more concerned about the blade breaking and corroding so they with the SS. Which dulls much easier.

P.S. Knife > Firearm within 15'.

Attachments

• m9_buckphrobis_01.jpg
    m9_buckphrobis_01.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
MKEGal, Walkingwolf... I love y'all both... but please read this.

With the blessing of John Pierce, OKOCA has adopted the Oklahoma subforum as our own. We did this because we wanted our experiences with getting OC to be beneficial to other states like AR, TX, FL, etc... We also wanted to be exposed to the experiences of others in states with more experience with OC.

We also have our own leadership on this subforum who can handle issues with off topic posting. Some of us even have a direct batphone to Commissioner Gordon.

Carrying a backup knife is most certainly on topic for open carriers. Running off new members (who we have worked very hard to bring to this board) over petty infractions is the single fastest way to get OKOCA to leave this forum and go start our own. I lobbied the other board members hard to piggyback on this site, because I felt it was the best way to benefit the most open carriers, Okie or not.

I hope you understand that I'm not trying to be a jerk. But I also hope that you understand that since this is our only forum for OC, I would expect a little consideration for the Okies who post here. We only got OC on Nov 1, so most of the Okies who post here are new. Chill a little.

cbxer55

Thank you Okie Bryan. You are totally correct, and that was my intentions as well. Carrying a backup knife is totally on topic. For me, most of the time, a knife, usually two, are the only "weapons" I can have on me since I work on base. And since they are clipped to my pockets, they are being openly carried. ;-)