• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WTF was going on in SW Vegas this afternoon?

Nevada carrier

I was heading east on NV 160 this afternoon and watched at least 30 police cars heading west at a high rate of spped. A few market cruizers, a K-9 SUV But for the most part, a wide variety of normal looking cars with red and blue's hidden behind the grill or mounted on the dash inside. They were hauling ass west at over 100 MPH westbound on 160. I searched the local news feeds but came up with nothing. Did anyone who might have been listening to the police radio trafic hear anything? I'm paticularly troubled by the number and variety of ordinary looking cars. These were not you all white Crown Vics that you can tell are unmarked police cars by the mirror mounted spotlights and antenna farms on the trunk lid, these were, VW Jettas, Chevy Volts, and one was even a Prius.

Something really odd is going on here.

28kfps

I was heading east on NV 160 this afternoon and watched at least 30 police cars heading west at a high rate of spped. A few market cruizers, a K-9 SUV But for the most part, a wide variety of normal looking cars with red and blue's hidden behind the grill or mounted on the dash inside. They were hauling ass west at over 100 MPH westbound on 160. I searched the local news feeds but came up with nothing. Did anyone who might have been listening to the police radio trafic hear anything? I'm paticularly troubled by the number and variety of ordinary looking cars. These were not you all white Crown Vics that you can tell are unmarked police cars by the mirror mounted spotlights and antenna farms on the trunk lid, these were, VW Jettas, Chevy Volts, and one was even a Prius.

Caught a little news info on it. No real details however armed and barricaded in a home issue near 160.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I might guess there were Feds involved. They have a lot of cars that are completely normal until the hidden lights come on.

usmcmustang

What? No SWAT wagon in tow?

JoeSparky

Centurion
I've got absolutely no information on this situation but just an observation. Could someone have reported MANY MWAG at a facility south of 160, outside of Pahrump that were DISCHARGING THEIR WEAPONS?

I know it is Nye County out there and not Clark County.

Last edited: