• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

when exactly do you think we will have CCW?

daveycleaning

Sorry guys i don't fully understand politics that well. I know that the basic understanding is that we will either have a constitutional or shall issue but when? months? or years? I know that the right people are in office, so what is stopping it from happening in a month?

thanks

Mlutz

Sorry guys i don't fully understand politics that well. I know that the basic understanding is that we will either have a constitutional or shall issue but when? months? or years? I know that the right people are in office, so what is stopping it from happening in a month?

thanks

Shall issue... 2012... CCW... Can't really say anything other than FAST!

daveycleaning

So if I understand u right ur saying if its a permit is 2012 and if it becomes our consitutional right it could be a month or two?

Mlutz

So if I understand u right ur saying if its a permit is 2012 and if it becomes our consitutional right it could be a month or two?

Yes, at least 2012 before we can ccw on a "shall issue". It IS our right... CCW would be much faster... Sometime in 2011, cannot say for sure when... No one can...

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
My guess is that after the legislator works on the budget and the economy a bit they will feel comfortable dealing with other issues like CCW and the DNR.

I'm hoping walker calls an emergency session to deal with the former, like he promised.

Tweety

Banned
IMHO, CCW is not something that is going to take as long to push through as some of the financial and economic mess they are going to have to straighten out. My guess is they will take care of CCW as soon as possible just to get it out of the way since it has been a topic that has been plaguing our legislature for years and years. Since they know they have the votes to deal with it now it will happen ASAP.

Supposedly Scott Gunderson has a bill to bring forward, however, in looking at his home page I see no CCW bill listed. There are other bills dealing with firearms but no CCW bill.

Last edited:

johnny amish

IMHO, CCW is not something that is going to take as long to push through as some of the financial and economic mess they are going to have to straighten out. My guess is they will take care of CCW as soon as possible just to get it out of the way since it has been a topic that has been plaguing our legislature for years and years. Since they know they have the votes to deal with it now it will happen ASAP..

My thoughs also. The GOP is going to want to throw us a few bones early on and this should be a very easy one to do.

oak1971

I hope it comes early rather than later. I will be harassing them if we get to June or July with no bill.

paul@paul-fisher.com

I hope it comes early rather than later. I will be harassing them if we get to June or July with no bill.

You should be harassing them TODAY!

Anyhow, to answer the original question, I believe a simple repeal could be effective as soon as February 1st. Setting up a new bureaucracy to issue concealed carry permits with training would probably mean the 1st permits are issued 1/1/2012.

oak1971

You should be harassing them TODAY!

Anyhow, to answer the original question, I believe a simple repeal could be effective as soon as February 1st. Setting up a new bureaucracy to issue concealed carry permits with training would probably mean the 1st permits are issued 1/1/2012.

How many times to I have to reiterate that I do contact my reps on a regular basis? :banghead: By harass, I mean showing up at their office in person, which I have also done. I grow weary of being told the obvious.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
I've heard a lot of gossip about "when".

I heard it said on a radio show in Milwaukee a few weeks back a legislator said it would be 2012.

I have a theory.

I think this will happen VERY VERY quickly.

I think people who want "shall-issue" are saying its not an immediate priority and that they want to deal with the economy and job first to lull people into inaction while THEY quickly get a shall-issue bill in front of the legislature.

I believe it is CRITICAL to get the Constitutional Carry bill in front of the legislature immediately also because ANY vote against either will be a vote against conceal carry.

If you hear a legislator say action on concealed carry is not going to happen right away, I would be very skeptical.

Just a theory.

1FASTC4

My guess is that after the legislator works on the budget and the economy a bit they will feel comfortable dealing with other issues like CCW and the DNR.

I'm hoping walker calls an emergency session to deal with the former, like he promised.

+1.
From what I've read, projected budget shortfall for WI in 2010 is 3.1 billion. While our 2nd amendment issues may be tabled at the same time as budget issues, I'd be surprised to find them introduced before. This only because the budget is on pretty much everyone's mind, even Dems, short of the looney left.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
a bill is introduced then, goes to committee, then gets scheduled for a floor vote, if passed out of committee then is sent to the senate, then the assembly then to the Gov to get a signature then becomes law. If it's a permitted shall issue ccw law...it will take time for the particulars to get hammered out, permit applications to get created, Training standards to be implemented, etc, etc. so figure at least 6 months if not 10 months after it becomes law before you can actually apply for a permit. so figure Very Early 2012

unless we get Constitutional carry..then it will be very very very rapid.