• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Back by popular demand: The Las Vegas Strip.

Sabotage70

With all the attention the strip has been getting. Some of us feel it's time to head on back.

Friday July 22 we will be meeting out in front of the Harley Davidson Cafe at 8:00 pm on the corner of Harmon and Las Vegas blvd.

There is parking there but it's for customers or you will be towed or at least that's what the signs say. You can park there but it's at your own risk.(I'm not paying to get your car back) There's parking a little south of there behind the McDonald's for the low price of $5. I'm a cheap bastard so I will probably park at Bill's and walk the 1/4 mile or come to think of it I'm going to park at Planet Hollywood and just pop out the south doors of the Miracle Mile shops.

Last edited:

28kfps

This looks doable for me. I have it on the top of my to do list. Sabotage after meeting you a few times I would not call you cheap, no commit on the other part.

Last edited:

28kfps

Don’t Tread on Me I believe I read in another post that you were going to be at the strip this Friday evening? See you there that will make three of us. Like to see another large group like the last Fremont meet up Sabotage set up. For the new to OC this is one of the best ways to meet and greet a very diverse like minded pro gun people. A good event to break the open carry ice if one has not.

28kfps

Ended up being just sabotage and myself. Waited for BigAuvGlock23 until 8:30 a no show. Don’t Tread had called said work changes kept him from making it. We walked from the Harley-Davidson Café past the Fashion show mall cross over to the other side and walked back.

I parked my bike in their garage it does say for HDC customers. I figured with the bike less likely to be an issue, parked there free. There is a guard as you enter and he waved me to the MC parking right next to them. Even though they did spot my gun not a word from them.

While waiting for BigAuvGlock23 we had a good conversation with two of the Harley-Davidson Café workers. They had street side tables set up and he was saying some of the other workers were talking about us and said something about needing a permit to have a gun. He although not sure was up on the NV carry laws and correctly told them he was fairly sure NV was an open carry state.

Part of his knowledge came from the fact he had remembered seeing some of the OCs there before and talked to them. The more they see a friendly face with legal carried the more accepted it will be.

The strip was extremely crowed. Sabotage said more people this time than any of the previous OCs meet ups he had been on.
This was the first strip OC for me. Not one encounter, not one word about the guns as we were walking. Only saw 4 METRO. Two were standing by their curser, one appeared to be texting the other was flipping through a ticket or handbook. Walked right past them without any eye contact.

On the way back, while on one of the walkway crossovers, did walk past two more METRO with a woman in cuffs. We walked past them within 4 feet they may have spotted Sabotage's gun, mine a southpaw was not in their view.

I decided to ride down the strip saw may be 20 more METRO walking in three groups, two more on horseback. Ended up in stopped traffic next to the median right next to some kind of traffic issue on the other side. Several METRO maybe 6 or more working the scene looked to be getting ready to open the lane they were blocking. A few of them did give my gun and me a good look. If they had an issue, could have easily walked the few feet and said something as I was held up in traffic.
A thought, might want to start out like at 9pm during the summer appeared to a better time to start the OC public relations effort.

Last edited:

Lostlittlerobot

I wanted to come! my job...on the strip...was so busy I had to put in some overtime and by the time I was done I was so distracted/exhausted I completely spaced this meetup. I have been training new people lately...but we're so busy I actually am doing 2x the work. I set up near my near person...do our job, and listen to her conversations/computer work at the same time and answer her guest's questions and my own's at the same time, and type on both keyboards. It's quite hectic. After 10 hours of that, I'm ready to go home! Sorry I didn't make it. But will soon!!! do another soon please

Sabotage70

Even though it was just the two of us, I still had a good time. On my way back to the car I went through the front doors of Planet Hollywood and walked through the Miracle Mile shops. Made it without being bothered.

Back in the car and waiting at Harmon west bound at LV blvd. A couple of Metro's finest with a cameraman and sound guy following right behind.

Being hungry I stopped at In-n-Out on Blue Diamond. While eating my food a couple of guys finish ordering and sit down a couple of table down from me. One of the guys I notice is OC'ing. I don't think they where Metro but I do think they where working. The guy that was OC'ing had a lanyard around his neck with some type of I.D. badge that he tucked back under his shirt along with covering his sidearm. So on the way out I pointed out that he looks like he's carrying a brick on his side when he covers up. :p

On another note. For the first sat. lunch next weekend, how does Mexican food sound?