• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am soooo happy to oc now

PistolPackingMomma

I truly wish, in all sincerity, that women comprised the majority of open carriers in the movement early on. I mean, why wouldn't they anyways?

-They are often not out to incite argument, nor do they have the testosterone laden desire to fold in anythings face that looks at them funny, accidental or not.
-They are often left as the primary caretakers of children.
-They lack the genitalia necessary to be the brunt of infantile anti jokes about firearms and ones sexual proficiency.

It would basically disarm every negatively held stereotypical view that knee-knocking antis have on the topic of firearms and self defense.

+100

I, for one, am doing my part :D

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
It's funny, but when a young woman in New Hampshire OC'd while topless, the police completely ignored the gun while being unable to take their eyes off her breasts.

All of her "bared guns" were legal. :D

As I recall, she was arrest for indecent exposure. However, the Law of New Hampshire regarding Indecent Exposure referred specifically to genitals. Breasts are not Genitals. Not even close... What came of it?

Oh. I almost forgot: Yay for boobies!

Last edited:

MKEgal

OldCurlyWolf said:
I find good looking females much more interesting.
More especially once it is established that they have a working brain.
ixtow said:
Aye, such a rare thing. In fact, we need pics to prove that she's real. ;-)
If you hadn't included the winky I might have to be upset at you...
I trust I've proved I have a working brain? (And no, you can't see a picture of them.)

slowfiveoh said:
They lack the genitalia necessary to be the brunt of infantile anti jokes about firearms and ones sexual proficiency.
I had fun with that one in some comments after a newspaper article.
When the inevitable "you're compensating" accusation came up, I said something like:
"5'10", 44DD, 3 college degrees... exactly what am I compensating for?"
A little while later, I heard from a friend @ a Starbuck's meet-n-greet that he almost choked on his coffee when he read that. :D

At other times, I've answered, "yes, I'm compensating for being older, weaker, & slower than the people who are most likely to try to do me harm".

Last edited:

Riana

There certainly aren't many of us ladies who OC routinely. I think I've only met a handful myself.

I've only posed for a couple of OC photos:

VAOC.jpg NHOC.jpg

Last edited:

MamabearCali

I am new to the forum and new to OC. I have been CC for about a year now. My DH got me a pretty little OWB holster with level 2 retention, it is so comfy, but it utterly unconcealable. So I am warming to the idea of me OCing more often. I see some of you are ladies here and some are even from VA, have y'all had any problems out and about in your daily life with OC. So far I have only had the guts to OC in the house and in the yard. Thanks y'all!

PistolPackingMomma

I am new to the forum and new to OC. I have been CC for about a year now. My DH got me a pretty little OWB holster with level 2 retention, it is so comfy, but it utterly unconcealable. So I am warming to the idea of me OCing more often. I see some of you are ladies here and some are even from VA, have y'all had any problems out and about in your daily life with OC. So far I have only had the guts to OC in the house and in the yard. Thanks y'all!

Welcome!

It does take a little getting used to, but after a couple times, OCing becomes so natural and comfortable! I don't get to OC in public here in SC, but when we travel through NC/VA/WV we OC, and I've never had any problems.
Here's a video of an encounter I had while OCing in the hotel lobby during our trip while I was pregnant last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aw...xt=C3b02abaUDOEgsToPDskJG5LpoAVIh4tJwoiAcvzVm

Xulld

Welcome!

It does take a little getting used to, but after a couple times, OCing becomes so natural and comfortable! I don't get to OC in public here in SC, but when we travel through NC/VA/WV we OC, and I've never had any problems.
Here's a video of an encounter I had while OCing in the hotel lobby during our trip while I was pregnant last year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_aw...xt=C3b02abaUDOEgsToPDskJG5LpoAVIh4tJwoiAcvzVm

It does, and I really miss it now that I cant legally go into public with OC. I had nothing but good experiences OC'ing in NC for ~2 years, and now in Florida it is a hassle and uncomfortable to CC all the time.

AAriondo

I think its great and love seeing more and more women carrying guns. I just wish my wife liked it more. She is scared of the noise haha but I am trying to get her used to it.