• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

1st day @ the range with my new Springfield .45 TRP Stainless (PICS))))))

utyszkij

Well here she is, got her for 1,299 in portsmouth..
IMAG0008.jpgIMAG0009.jpgIMAG0010.jpgIMAG0011.jpgIMAG0012.jpgIMAG0013.jpgIMAG0014.jpgIMAG0015.jpg

I SUCK I KNOW! I only had time to shoot a box (50 rounds) and it was the first 50.. (not using that as an excuse I think I've been to the range less than 10 times since I started shooting..

Not a single mishap, jam, failure.. nothing.

ooooo and I picked up that holster from Backwoods Leather in portsmouth!

Last edited:

utyszkij

wow

Man you suck, hope I never have to rely on you to save my bacon if things get heavy!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Shut up. At least I'm not calling him names. You, however, deserve more than a few names. Now leave me alone before I violate some forum rules.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Shut up. At least I'm not calling him names. You, however, deserve more than a few names. Now leave me alone before I violate some forum rules.

You're probably too stupid to check back to the thread to see what the initials stand for.

Last edited:

utyszkij

I appreciate the enthusiasm, Citizen. Normally I'd tag along but I just got done working 11 hrs and my glasses were broken tonight. I appreciate the compliments..

Thndr

Citizen(s) must have to much time on his/their hands...

As to the OP I kinda felt the same way when I let one of my 1911's(kimber) go for a USP compact, I have been primarily shooting 1911's for a little while and it took a few range sessions for me to adjust to the trigger of the USP. Once you get a few range sessions done with I think you will see the groups tighten up. It is all in what you are use to as well as some get range jitters when out with a new piece for the first time.

All In all a nice piece I think the TRP is hard to beat for the money.

utyszkij

Citizen(s) must have to much time on his/their hands...

As to the OP I kinda felt the same way when I let one of my 1911's(kimber) go for a USP compact, I have been primarily shooting 1911's for a little while and it took a few range sessions for me to adjust to the trigger of the USP. Once you get a few range sessions done with I think you will see the groups tighten up. It is all in what you are use to as well as some get range jitters when out with a new piece for the first time.

All In all a nice piece I think the TRP is hard to beat for the money.

Yea, Im used to shooting poly guns.. (Beretta px4 9, cz 75 phantom) Really just getting used to the weight and this amazing trigger, after that I should be squared away.