• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

"30 Days - Gun Nation" T.V. Show

HighFlyingA380

30 Days - Gun Nation

(It's kinda long, 42 minutes, but worth the watch.)

I know it's older, but this is the first I have ever heard about or seen it. They have a gun control activist live with "gun nuts" for 30 days. Very interesting insight into the other side. Sadly, for me, it just enforces the fact that the anti crowd is simple uninformed on the subject, and for the most part, unwilling to become educated on the subject.

I feel they did a pretty good job, but I feel they could have done a better job of easing her into it in order to avoid the emotional breakdown which, for a short time, only strengthened her mental block.

JohnMoses

Less than 4 minutes in and she has admitted to having a therapist. I'll finish watching and post my thoughts.

HighFlyingA380

Less than 4 minutes in and she has admitted to having a therapist. I'll finish watching and post my thoughts.
My thought exactly. Did a face-palm when she said it.

I got sick of watching it. Everything she was spewing was an emotional response.
I agree, but it gives a bit more insight for others on how to address anti's in our day-to-day discussions. I thought it ironic that in the beginning she stated, "My biggest fear is arguing with somebody that doesn't have their facts right." then, in typical fashion, continue to argue with incorrect facts and personal opinion.

WalkingWolf

I can only watch a few minutes at a time, she is extremely annoying emotional wreck, wonder if that is typical of most anti's.

Freedom1Man

30k gun deaths a year? Is that world wide?

Where do they get that number from?

Yeah, only police officers and soldiers need guns..... I am already getting sick from watching this.... I will hold out and see what happens.

Oh yeah and Rambo's M16s? I thought he had M60s.

Last edited:

Jack House

30k gun deaths a year? Is that world wide?

Where do they get that number from?

Yeah, only police officers and soldiers need guns..... I am already getting sick from watching this.... I will hold out and see what happens.

Oh yeah and Rambo's M16s? I thought he had M60s.
About 20,000 suicides by gun and about 1,000 justified homicides.

since9

Campaign Veteran
About 20,000 suicides by gun and about 1,000 justified homicides.

The suicides are just a smoke screen. Studies have been done to determine if there's a correlation between the availability of firearms and suicides here in the U.S. and the answer is a resounding "No." The availability of firearms has no bearing on the per-capita suicide rate. The conclusion is that when people want to go, they find a way.

Jack House

The suicides are just a smoke screen. Studies have been done to determine if there's a correlation between the availability of firearms and suicides here in the U.S. and the answer is a resounding "No." The availability of firearms has no bearing on the per-capita suicide rate. The conclusion is that when people want to go, they find a way.
K, but the question was "how did they come up with 30k firearm deaths." To which the answer is that a majority are suicides.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
I saw this several years ago but I did watch it again a few minutes ago. I have known people like her and for the most part, they were not as open to hearing the other side as "Pia" was in this video. They are a very hard egg to crack and are convinced that guns are evil and should not be in the hands of citizens. They are firm in their resolve that all guns should be confiscated from the public. Certainly there are degrees of thought with these people but more often than not, the real hardcore ones are adamantly oppose to private ownership of firearms.

hammer6

I saw this several years ago but I did watch it again a few minutes ago. I have known people like her and for the most part, they were not as open to hearing the other side as "Pia" was in this video. They are a very hard egg to crack and are convinced that guns are evil and should not be in the hands of citizens. They are firm in their resolve that all guns should be confiscated from the public. Certainly there are degrees of thought with these people but more often than not, the real hardcore ones are adamantly oppose to private ownership of firearms.

I'm getting fed up just reading these comments lol

since9

Campaign Veteran
K, but the question was "how did they come up with 30k firearm deaths." To which the answer is that a majority are suicides.

And the second half... (wait for it...)

Is that it hasn't mattered whether firearms have been readily available or not - suicide rates remain the same aka conclusion, the means matters not, ergo, restricting the means only restricts our RKBA -- it does nothing to curb suicide rates, as people find a way regardless.

The point is that less than 1,500 accidental firearms deaths exist per year in the U.S. Let's begin with that.