• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

HB & SB bills fought on the grounds of unconstitutional??

sidelinellc

between windsor and north grandby, Connecticut, US
..........................HB & SB bills fought on the grounds of UNCONSTITUTIONAL?l ?

After reading the proposed bills and realizing our elected reps. disregard our constitution. Would it then be wise for ALL TO TESTIFY AGAINST THESE BILLS ON THE GROUNDS OF CONSTITUTIONAL CHALLENGE"shall no be infringed on" the 5th and the 10th amendment?

I have no doubt that these bills also violate the ct constitution in some way. (wish i understood law better)

Thoughts are, if this testimony is on record and they somehow pass these illegal laws, I would think it'll be easier to overturn when it finally hits a qualified court.
Imagine the amount of money the state is going to spend fighting arrests if any happen on constitutional challenge.(SOMETHING ELSE THAT SHOULD BE TESTIFIED TO ON RECORD)

I have no law background but am frankly overwhelming with the blatant disregard for our constitution by these elected officials.

Side note, try emailing blumenthal and see what happens-I'll save you the trouble,
-got this response. he is only accepting hand written letters. talk about factoring us out of the equation. we all no letters have no record of being received and, he's not going to read 10,000 letters.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.cga.ct.gov/ASaferConnecticut/

You may email a statement to the subcommittee .. they meet on Monday, starting at 10am ... likely going until well after.

If you cannot make it, shoot them a statement. The committee members read them .. the governor? Can he read?

People have already provided statements and they have posted some of the "testimony" which you can view on the links on the left column of the webpage.

motoxmann

there's a lot of good testimonies in there, I just read about 20 of them. there were a few anti-gunners that submitted testimony that I read, and they all share two common traits that very obviously stand out: extreme lack of knowledge of anything gun-related and/or constitutionally related, and something not quite right in the head.

sidelinellc

between windsor and north grandby, Connecticut, US
http://www.cga.ct.gov/ASaferConnecticut/

You may email a statement to the subcommittee .. they meet on Monday, starting at 10am ... likely going until well after.

If you cannot make it, shoot them a statement. The committee members read them .. the governor? Can he read?

People have already provided statements and they have posted some of the "testimony" which you can view on the links on the left column of the webpage.

thank you for the guidance. My thought was if were all on the same page, it may actually set the ground work to have these bills overturned once signed into law. there's no doubt in my mind that most will be signed in regardless of our valuable testimony, letters or factual opinions provided throughout the process.
other ideas or suggestions regarding constitutional challenge welcome and needed. thanks again

Pete

Email a statement to the subcommittee, my question is how I prepare a statement in a responsible matter and that is not out of place, to whom or what e-mail address, if someone can give me some help on this matter it will be well appreciated. Thank’s

As gun owners my wife and my self will not stand to the violations of or constitutional rights and the violation by the liberal’s nut cases on the 2 amendment !!!!

motoxmann

Email a statement to the subcommittee, my question is how I prepare a statement in a responsible matter and that is not out of place, to whom or what e-mail address, if someone can give me some help on this matter it will be well appreciated. Thank’s

As gun owners my wife and my self will not stand to the violations of or constitutional rights and the violation by the liberal’s nut cases on the 2 amendment !!!!

click the above link. on the left side you can click "view testimony" and see all submitted so far, and the format they used. and under the "view testimony" part, it tells you what email address to send your testimony to, and what to put in the title.

on a side note, I submitted my testimony late last night, and it's not showing up in the submitted testimonies list yet. odd, I hope mine goes through in time, I spent quite some time writing it

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
on a side note, I submitted my testimony late last night, and it's not showing up in the submitted testimonies list yet. odd, I hope mine goes through in time, I spent quite some time writing it

I don't find this odd, see my post in the newtown task force thread, or the section of my posting below (so keep an eye on the testimony posted and you may have to call you rep as I did -- they tossed mine in the garbage folder and would not have been posted w/o me keeping on top of it)..

New update: 1-25-13, 4:15pm

I called my local rep & begun the hunt for the missing testimony ... they found my Gun violence one (a work of art I should say, should be displayed at the Smithsonian) but not my School safety testimony .. they have not found that.

Interns (yes, interns) are going through the statements and deciding what "folder" to put them in : school, violence, health, or another "junk folder". From there they get posted to the webpage of the task force in the specific area (school, violence, health) if they don't get tossed into the junk folder which never sees the light of day. They put my gun violence into the junk folder and had to retrieve it from there once my legislator got involved...so some of my data showing that local PDs acquisition of guns was posted ... so at least people will have data supporting an argument that we need our semi-automatic rifles.

Its a cluster puck in Hartford and they put interns there handling this stuff & they likely have no idea what they are doing or at least that is what the evidence suggests..

So if you don't see your testimony posted after a while...hunt them down and get your voice heard.

Last edited:

motoxmann

I don't find this odd, see my post in the newtown task force thread, or the section of my posting below (so keep an eye on the testimony posted and you may have to call you rep as I did -- they tossed mine in the garbage folder and would not have been posted w/o me keeping on top of it)..

New update: 1-25-13, 4:15pm

I called my local rep & begun the hunt for the missing testimony ... they found my Gun violence one (a work of art I should say, should be displayed at the Smithsonian) but not my School safety testimony .. they have not found that.

Interns (yes, interns) are going through the statements and deciding what "folder" to put them in : school, violence, health, or another "junk folder". From there they get posted to the webpage of the task force in the specific area (school, violence, health) if they don't get tossed into the junk folder which never sees the light of day. They put my gun violence into the junk folder and had to retrieve it from there once my legislator got involved...so some of my data showing that local PDs acquisition of guns was posted ... so at least people will have data supporting an argument that we need our semi-automatic rifles.

Its a cluster puck in Hartford and they put interns there handling this stuff & they likely have no idea what they are doing or at least that is what the evidence suggests..

So if you don't see your testimony posted after a while...hunt them down and get your voice heard.

they must really hate my testimony lol. I'm watching the list grow rapidly, and I've now submitted mine from 3 completely different email addresses, and it's still not there haha.
how do I figure out who to call to get this resolved? I live in Middletown if that affects anything

edit: it's there now :) it got spaced really awkwardly, but at least it's there

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
how do I figure out who to call to get this resolved? I live in Middletown if that affects anything

I had to call my state senator's aide ... to get mine pulled out of the junk folder and onto the testimony folder and posted online ... and I doubt that they are working over the weekend...

motoxmann

I'm reading through more of the testimonies, and I'm proud to see several newtown and sandy hook residents on our side. thank you voice of logic

Last edited:

motoxmann

the link posted above allows you to view all testimonies previously submitted via email. not sure if they are still accepting them or not though. the below link is to watch the meeting live. BUT I'm guessing sooooo many people are watching the live video feed that it's overloading their servers, because I can't get either of the links to actually load. the main home page won't even load
http://www.ctn.state.ct.us/ctn_web.asp

Last edited:

Freiheit417

I submitted my one page testimony last night (27 Jan) and it is not posted as of 21:30 this evening.

I submitted it as a PDF attachment to allow for easy receipt and posting. Has anyone else emailed theirs as an attachment and if so, did it show up online? The email did not bounce.