• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Racial Threads?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
The threads are tongue in cheek.

Race is not an issue for anyone with an IQ above room temperature.

Seriona

Well if I really wanted it to be tongue in cheek, I guess I should of said white instead of Asians. The reason why I am making fun of his thread but I guess in his mind, he thinks all WA LEO's are going to give black OC'ers problems, and not everyone else.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Well if I really wanted it to be tongue in cheek, I guess I should of said white instead of Asians. The reason why I am making fun of his thread but I guess in his mind, he thinks all WA LEO's are going to give black OC'ers problems, and not everyone else.
I didn't miss that - just don't think it is a valid contention.

golddigger14s

Activist Member
Some tongue in cheek. There are a couple of race based threads. My philosophy is I don't care if you are a CC only person, black, white Asian, etc. You are an American, you should carry, just like having a fire extinguisher in the house, or wearing a seat belt...Just in case. :)

noittinen

You guys got me all misconstrued. Let me break it down. Liberal contention: gun laws are racist because blacks will get disproportionately hassled/ killed for oc/cc in Washington state. MY contention: no they won't. My verification with FACTS: ask the Subject Matter Experts on OCDO if they are or know of any Black oc'ers that have any experience to back My contention up thus banishing the Liberal Contention back to the land of fairy dust and unicorns where it belongs.

O_Kellogg

Let me break it down. Liberal contention: gun laws are racist because blacks will get disproportionately hassled/ killed for oc/cc in Washington state.-[snip]-

Um, no.

"Liberals" never met a gun law they didn't like. Anything that restricts true liberty and helps the State hold ultimate power is "+good" for The Party.
If "liberals" (progressives, the left) didn't enjoy "gun laws", why would they push them? If "liberals" (progressives, the left) claim that gun laws are racist, then they would necessarily have to resist/fight gun control...

"conservatives" (People holding conservative values, not that liberal Limbaugh ****) know that "gun control" is usually rooted in racism, and always in classism.

Last edited by a moderator:

stealthyeliminator

You guys got me all misconstrued. Let me break it down. Liberal contention: gun laws are racist because blacks will get disproportionately hassled/ killed for oc/cc in Washington state. MY contention: no they won't. My verification with FACTS: ask the Subject Matter Experts on OCDO if they are or know of any Black oc'ers that have any experience to back My contention up thus banishing the Liberal Contention back to the land of fairy dust and unicorns where it belongs.

I don't think that gun laws being disproportionately applied makes the law itself racist, unless that was the intent when the law was written. I believe that we'd be naive to say laws, including gun laws, are never disproportionately applied based on race.

stealthyeliminator

Um, no.

"Liberals" never met a gun law they didn't like. Anything that restricts true liberty and helps the State hold ultimate power is "+good" for The Party.
If "liberals" (progressives, the left) didn't enjoy "gun laws", why would they push them? If "liberals" (progressives, the left) claim that gun laws are racist, then they would necessarily have to resist/fight gun control...

"conservatives" (People holding conservative values, not that liberal Limbaugh ****) know that "gun control" is usually rooted in racism, and always in classism.

In Texas there was a group of Democrats that fought to add a protection to the open carry law that would prohibit law enforcement from stopping a person solely to check their license status.

So, I don't think it fair to say "never".

Sure, most of the probably would have preferred no OC, but they contended that if we were going to have OC we should ensure that harassment, especially disproportional, should not take place.

So, perhaps their reasoning and basis were a little off target, but they ended up fighting for more liberty nonetheless.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That's what I like about summer...raises the intellectual quality of society. :p
Only if they venture outside the limit of their confined space.

Didja hear 'bout the liberal mommy who wanted her guests to be comfortable at her backyard BBQ on a hot August day? She opened the patio door and all of the windows to let the escaping air cool her yard. She also lowered the thermostat setting, so that the unit would make colder air.

Hard to argue with an intellect like that.

OC for ME

Lewis Terman (1916) developed the original notion of IQ and proposed this scale for classifying IQ scores:

• Over 140 - Genius or near genius
  • 120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
  • 110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
  • 90 - 109 - Normal or average intelligence
  • 80 - 89 - Dullness
  • 70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency
  • Under 70 - Definite feeble-mindedness

http://www.wilderdom.com/intelligence/IQWhatScoresMean.html

All depends on where you are and what your nominal room temperature is. Folks up in the Great White North?

;)

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All depends on where you are and what your nominal room temperature is. Folks up in the Great White North?

;)
True - everything is relative.

Still stupidity is a race where anyone can be a [strike]weiner[/strike] winner.

B

Bikenut

True - everything is relative.

Still stupidity is a race where anyone can be a [strike]weiner[/strike] winner.
And/or a whiner. And sadly it is possible to have relatives like that.

Last edited by a moderator:

trevorthebusdriver

I saw an African American man OC today in downtown Seattle. He did not get hassled or killed. :)