• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Unicorn

briehl12

Out in ellensburg for 2days. Went to the ihop for breakfast and in walks a county looking younger guy walks in with girlfriend? O/c in a nice leather holster w 2 mags on other side. Didn't say anything to him.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Readers should understand that the term unicorn has a particular meaning--somebody who seems to have discovered all on his own that OC is legal, no open carry website, no news media stories about OC, and just up and decided to start OCing. It does not denote an OCer merely unknown to the observer. The term unicorn arose in the early days of OCDO because it was judged the somebody who did that--all on his own realization that OC was legal and just started OCing--was as unlikely as a unicorn.

Otherwise every OCer not known to the observer becomes a unicorn. We already have a term for someone who is open carrying: open carrier.

If the criteria for being a unicorn is merely being unknown to the observe then even I could be a unicorn. But, I'm not. I learned about OCDO and OC from others in the self-defense rights movement.

Freedom1Man

Readers should understand that the term unicorn has a particular meaning--somebody who seems to have discovered all on his own that OC is legal, no open carry website, no news media stories about OC, and just up and decided to start OCing. It does not denote an OCer merely unknown to the observer. The term unicorn arose in the early days of OCDO because it was judged the somebody who did that--all on his own realization that OC was legal and just started OCing--was as unlikely as a unicorn.

Otherwise every OCer not known to the observer becomes a unicorn. We already have a term for someone who is open carrying: open carrier.

If the criteria for being a unicorn is merely being unknown to the observe then even I could be a unicorn. But, I'm not. I learned about OCDO and OC from others in the self-defense rights movement.

You can only be a unicorn if you catch the Leprechaun, get the pot of gold, sprinkle fairy dust straight from a fairy (on to the pot of gold) while standing under the 6th full moon that falls on a monday in that decade.

b0neZ

You can only be a unicorn if you catch the Leprechaun, get the pot of gold, sprinkle fairy dust straight from a fairy (on to the pot of gold) while standing under the 6th full moon that falls on a monday in that decade.
Don't forget, one must also fart rainbows.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Alright. Alright, fellas. He only mis-used the term unicorn. He didn't starve a million Ukranianian peasants ala Joseph Stalin. Go easy.

:)

Last edited: