• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pop Tarts are now a weapon ---

mpguy

http://www.ktnv.com/news/watercooler/194673111.html

7-year-old Josh Welch was eating a Pop-Tart at school. A teacher saw the pastry and said she thought it looked like it was being shaped into a gun.

In MD ... anybody surprised with this anymore?

When admin start paying $$$ out of their nose, then they'll stop

Sad day in this country, when a kid can't be a kid.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Super6O

At no point can a pastry be shaped into a gun. It can only be formed into a different shaped pastry.

Those administrators are fools.

Jackag

How in the world can teacher like this be considered a teachers. At the age of seven do you loose your right of freedom of speech. And people wonder why others go over the edge at times.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
At no point can a pastry be shaped into a gun. It can only be formed into a different shaped pastry.

Those administrators are fools.

:idea:

At no point can a fool be shaped into an administrator. He can only be formed into a different-shaped fool.

EMNofSeattle

Which is why if I'm ever elected sheriff I'd find some obscure law to charge these admins and hall them in to the clink. After all, the laws the law, and there should be zero tolerance and we can't let people break it. There's gotta be some reconstruction era law about allowing children to go to school or something, maybe official misconduct, something that would stick just good enough to give them a night in the slammer

sudden valley gunner

Which is why if I'm ever elected sheriff I'd find some obscure law to charge these admins and hall them in to the clink. After all, the laws the law, and there should be zero tolerance and we can't let people break it. There's gotta be some reconstruction era law about allowing children to go to school or something, maybe official misconduct, something that would stick just good enough to give them a night in the slammer

Although I like the sentiment presented here, I don't think the answer is more harassment by "authorities" using "obscure" laws.

Simple dismissal works fine for me, they should find jobs where they are not protected by unions and public sentiment.

EMNofSeattle

Although I like the sentiment presented here, I don't think the answer is more harassment by "authorities" using "obscure" laws.

Simple dismissal works fine for me, they should find jobs where they are not protected by unions and public sentiment.

I dunno, I don't know about Washington but I think that most states should have some civil rights era law about depriving children of an education or something like that, or if they call the police or the SRO to be there while enforcing policy a loose case can be made for obstructing a public servant or false use of an emergency line.... Although admittedly I'd never really do something that extreme. What I think parents should do, if something stupid like that happens at a school all the parents should refuse to allow their children to go, once the schools funding comes to a halt the admins will chance their minds.

People aren't going to be "just fired" though. that decision would lead to a wrongful termination suit right away because that purely involves employer policy, and railroading a government worker for following government policy will just get the state sued. however if the worker violates the law while obeying employer policy, an arrest/citation would be kosher...

I don't nessecarily agree with taking away government workers unions, working in the government you'll eventually piss people off, and I don't want to see people who did nothing wrong get shafted because they annoyed someone with connections. at least at the floor level, non-supervisory employees and low-level supervisors should have union protection.

carolina guy

stupid thing is that they dinged the kid for an "inappropriate gesture" ... pointed the partially eaten pop-tart and said "bang". Would it have been inappropriate if the child was just an incompetent pastry sculptor and had tried to fashion a hand with a finger pointing instead of a pseudo-gun?

Freedom1Man

It's funny that you should say that.

So would you arrest those who are committing fraud, conversion, conspiracy to deny the rights of a citizen?

Besides, I thought that Poptarts contained poison/toxins and is it not illegal to feed a child poisons?

Last edited:

Troy bilt

Here is a link to the school. I called and let them know that I thought that did a BANG up job removing this thug kid , and his dangerous pop tart. I also warned them to be on the look out for shoe laces that may be tied up to look like guns. You can never be to safe:banghead:

http://www.aacps.org/aacps/parkes/contact.asp

davidmcbeth

Banned
Bloomberg read this story and had a double heart attack ... Pop Tarts (they are bad for you) .. and a GUN (oh my God, call an ambulance)

OC for ME

<snip> What I think parents should do, if something stupid like that happens at a school all the parents should refuse to allow their children to go, once the schools funding comes to a halt the admins will chance their minds.
I am not sure how WA works it, but property taxes pay for schools. Any additional funding from the feds would likely not be needed if no students showed up to school. So, we would still have teachers and staff going to school, getting paid, and doing even less now than when kids were present.

I don't necessarily agree with taking away government workers unions, working in the government you'll eventually piss people off, and I don't want to see people who did nothing wrong get shafted because they annoyed someone with connections. at least at the floor level, non-supervisory employees and low-level supervisors should have union protection.
Interesting. It seems that it is the "floor-worker", aka teachers, who are ratting out these dangerous, pop-tart wielding, seven year old thugs. Then it is a conspiracy between the "floor-worker" and administrators to implement "corrective" measures.

Looking at my pop-tart nutrition facts, it seems that the feds could investigate this incident. There is 14g of total fat per serving (two pastries),4.5g of Sat fat, 350mg of sodium, 30g of sugar, and 68g of carbs. 420 calories with 130 fat calories. These things are definately going to get Michelle O. interested. I'm sure Doomburg is formulating a plan to ban even as I eat mine. New yorkers need to start hoarding to be grandfathered in.