• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Best to buy some extra mags -- looks like ones own will be grandfathered

davidmcbeth

Banned
if ya want of course ... I am reading that they will propose that you can only put in 10 rds into a 30 rd mag (except at being at a range) ... and other retarded suggestions ...

I have plenty of extra mags myself ... but just a note to folks who do not.

If a mag breaks, its nice to have replacements ...

Keep the Faith !

davidmcbeth

Banned
Are they banning AR15 rifles? Any paperwork needed to sell an AR15?

Good question ... we would have to actually be able to be present at the closed-door secret meetings that are violation of our open meetings laws to know ...

So we'll just have to wait ....

motoxmann

what I've been seeing is that mags already owned are grandfathered, but need to be REGISTERED by a certain due date

77zach

Good night Connecticut. The "constitution state" (what a sick joke) will join NY, NJ, and CA soon enough. You knew this day would come. Maybe it's coming to all of us eventually.

davidmcbeth

Banned
cannot wait to see HOW they want to register the mags .... they don't have serial #s ... I think it will be a declaration ... you tell them what you have ... since many mags are interchangeable with various weapons I don't see how you could say its for gun X or gun Y though

Looks like your ARs will need to be registered too ... we'll see in the bill if its an annual registration needing to be done 90 days prior to the old one expiring ... its a ruse to collect your guns of course.

Last edited:

GoldCoaster

Yeah that's good..

Register your magazines and your "newly created" assault weapons and next year when Looney tunes goes more ape-**** that registration list becomes a confiscation shopping list.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Register your magazines and your "newly created" assault weapons and next year when Looney tunes goes more ape-**** that registration list becomes a confiscation shopping list.

I think that anyone knows that the process was a secret process of negotiations; heck, Williams even said so today. There is nowhere in the USA that this is acceptable let alone in CT.

DDoutel

They've declared war on us, people...

Time to out every one of them; as much personal information as can be found about each and every one of them on the Web.

I told them I would, and told them I would not comply with anything they passed. Who'll do the same?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Time to out every one of them; as much personal information as can be found about each and every one of them on the Web.

I told them I would, and told them I would not comply with anything they passed. Who'll do the same?

+1 great to see you post again !

I did file another meeting complaint right after midnight today .. asking the FOIC for an order to halt any e-cert bill vote due to meetings violations until the meetings violations alleged can be adjudicated. Anyone who wishes to file a similar complaint with the FOIC please do!

And someone highlighted a new gem of a bill relating to secret meetings .. http://www.cga.ct.gov/2013/TOB/S/2013SB-01148-R00-SB.htm
SB 1148 .... trying to exempt legislative leaders from our meetings laws ... seems like I have hit a cord or nerve to close?

I'm still not laying down !!! I'm still fighting. Its not over until the fat lady sings. I emailed my reps asking them if they will support a bill created through illegal secret meetings ~ irregardless of what the bill says.

motoxmann

I'll plead the fifth on this one ;)

Lank

I'll plead the second.

Molon labe

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Gentlemen and ladies if any be present, let's maintain the high road on this thread. I known that emotions run high on subjects like this. Fight them in the legislative arena, in the courts and through such public exposure as may need to be accomplished, but do so with enough grace and style to get the message(s) out w/o being dimissed as a kook or just another "goof with a gun". We are better than that.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Gentlemen and ladies if any be present, let's maintain the high road on this thread. I known that emotions run high on subjects like this. Fight them in the legislative arena, in the courts and through such public exposure as may need to be accomplished, but do so with enough grace and style to get the message(s) out w/o being dimissed as a kook or just another "goof with a gun". We are better than that.

I agree .. streaking may be needed ! Public exposure ... this is what you meant, right ? ;)

hey, I think that might get on the news .... "lost my rights, lost my clothes" ....