• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carrying Army/Navy Pistol in Hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kingfish

Don't know what will happen. I think it will be settled quickly in Kwik's favor. He was following the law.

If it is "settled quickly" then it will also likely mean no admission of wrongdoing will be admitted and it will go away quietly. Then he can start all over again and continue to escalate confrontations until someone gets hurt.

How exactly does taking the first settlement offered and agreeing to no fault admission make Kwik a 2A hero? It will just make him a little money (which is all he was after from the start.)

Now, what does this all have to do with the carrying of a PROPERLY HOLSTERED handgun in DAILY LIFE? (See forum rules)

Archangel

patriots like kwik

bullshitgif.jpg

You must not have read many of his posts....

Thundar

You should re-read the forum rules

Now, what does this all have to do with the carrying of a PROPERLY HOLSTERED handgun in DAILY LIFE? (See forum rules)

This falls squarely within the forum rules. If you don't like the topic then please go bash gun rights activists in some other thread.

Thundar

Not Cool

I went to the Varsity and copied the menu for everyone's enjoyment.

It's about as relevant....

These old laws are very relevant to MacDonald. They were quoted in the Breyer minority opinion. They are not available online. Kwik spent considerable time to bring them to us, and for that I am thankful.

Unfortunately you have gone past the point of reasoned discussion. You have a dislike for Kwik and constantly torment him on this forum. It is inappropriate and disgusting.

Go bash gun rights enthusiasts on some other thread.

Live Fre or Die,
Thundar

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Kingfish

This falls squarely within the forum rules. If you don't like the topic then please go bash gun rights activists in some other thread.

Sorry but I don't see how this post has anything to do with carrying a properly holstered handgun. It is about carrying openly IN THE HAND. Has about as much place here as long arm carry or apple pie recipes.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]2) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially tothis agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else![/FONT]

I am not sure what you have missed but you obviously missed the other 4-5 mega threads about this topic. Kwik sought out confrontation. It has NOTHING to do with carrying in daily life. I was 100% supportive of his carrying the AK handgun in the woods until it was admitted it was a PLANNED, ESCALATED, CALCULATED encounter meant to do nothing more than draw confrontation (and a lawsuit for MONEY-Not to advance any rights...Just for MONEY.)

Had he simply sued Belle Meade to change their ordinance on 2A grounds without getting a paycheck for it we would all be totally supportive of that as well but he didn't. He carried in the hand to draw an armed confrontation with LEO so he could sue (which he has) to get a paycheck not to have them change their ordinance.

Oh, and he has admitted to knowingly unlawful activities (so much for law abiding huh?)

Thundar

Why can't you carry a holstered pistol in your hand Deadfish?

Sorry but I don't see how this post has anything to do with carrying a properly holstered handgun. It is about carrying openly IN THE HAND. Has about as much place here as long arm carry or apple pie recipes.

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]2) This web site is focused on the right to openly carry properly holstered handguns in daily American life - all posts should relate substantially tothis agenda, even if your comments pertain mainly to freedom andliberty. OCDO is not a general discussion forum on politics, religion, the current President, etc. Take that somewhere else![/FONT]

I am not sure what you have missed but you obviously missed the other 4-5 mega threads about this topic. Kwik sought out confrontation. It has NOTHING to do with carrying in daily life. I was 100% supportive of his carrying the AK handgun in the woods until it was admitted it was a PLANNED, ESCALATED, CALCULATED encounter meant to do nothing more than draw confrontation (and a lawsuit for MONEY-Not to advance any rights...Just for MONEY.)

Had he simply sued Belle Meade to change their ordinance on 2A grounds without getting a paycheck for it we would all be totally supportive of that as well but he didn't. He carried in the hand to draw an armed confrontation with LEO so he could sue (which he has) to get a paycheck not to have them change their ordinance.

Oh, and he has admitted to knowingly unlawful activities (so much for law abiding huh?)

It is possible to carry a holstered handgun in your hand, yes? So exactly what rule was broken by posting a relevant thread about MacDonald?

The mega threads were a constant bashing of an activist, quite disgusting behavior, IMHO.

Live Free or Die,
Thundar

Archangel

The mega threads were a constant bashing of an activist

kwik is an activist like Nancy Pelosi is a conservative.

You have obviously not read back very far into kwik's online past....

But hey whatever, believe what you want, you will anyway. The dude has been kicked and banned from more pro gun sites than you can shake a stick at, but if he's your poster child for gun rights, that's up to you.

M

McX

if i gather what is going on right; carry in the hand, in this circumstance, is the only affordable legal way to comply with the law. somewhere i read, at least up here in wisconsin, if they don't give you one way, they got to give you another way. think it was some judge's opinion or something like that. but anyway; too bad they get miffed when a citizen follows their rules to the letter. they wrote them, they should know them. all of them.

RussP

Thundar, did you miss this question?

There is an interesting part here, "...the army or navy pistol, usually used in warfare..." Now, at the time of the writing of the law, that would have been the cap & ball revolver, the firearm usually used in warfare. Is that still the pistol usually used in warfare by the army or navy? Isn't that the Beretta M9, or a Sig? To comply with the law, would one not be required to carry the comparable modern pistol used in warfare. Was Leonard actually violating the law by carrying an antique replica?
Let me reword the question.

Does the law require one specific pistol model? Or does the law require a class of pistol - any pistol usually used by the army or navy in warfare?

Last edited:
M

McX

depending upon the year of manufacture, and authenticity i think it would be classed as an antique, or relic.

Grassroots

Wait,
Isn't Thundar the same one that said "F.O.A.D."? Or was it "D.I.A.F."? Nice fan base for Kwik. Actually fits quite well really. Sad attempt to get some BS rolling again. Thundar, I see you still haven't quit personal attacks either... "Family portrait". Wow...

Yawn...

Last edited:

Thundar

Let me reword the question.

Does the law require one specific pistol model? Or does the law require a class of pistol - any pistol usually used by the army or navy in warfare?

The law says army/navy revolver. This was the expensive handgun of the time. Specifying this expensive handgun ensured that poor people were disarmed. Kind of like machine guns today.

Status
Not open for further replies.