• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

new to forum

castafly

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and the OC group. Any and all info,tips or comments that any of you might have for me will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Castafly :D

Eagle II

also new

New here to the forum myself. Glad to find a place like this exists to help educate and inform concerned citizens. I've been carrying and using firearms recreationally since the mid 70's without a problem, but never actually carried openly into a store or resturant, or other public place. Currently waiting on approval of a cc permit as I let my old one expire (dumb). Am I correct in believing we have some scouters here? Thats how I found out about the site.Keep up the good work, and hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.

boyscout399

New here to the forum myself. Glad to find a place like this exists to help educate and inform concerned citizens. I've been carrying and using firearms recreationally since the mid 70's without a problem, but never actually carried openly into a store or resturant, or other public place. Currently waiting on approval of a cc permit as I let my old one expire (dumb). Am I correct in believing we have some scouters here? Thats how I found out about the site.Keep up the good work, and hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.

Eagle Scout from 2003 from troop 399 in Lyman here. What troop/year were you?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
New here to the forum myself. ...snip..... Am I correct in believing we have some scouters here? Thats how I found out about the site.Keep up the good work, and hope to meet some of you fine folks in the near future.

Translation please - what is a "scouter"?

Eagle II

scouter

Correct answer! I earned eagle in 1977, troop 304 in Kennebunk. I'm an assistant scoutmaster with 327 in sanford now. Will I see you at the camporee in Windsor this coming weekend?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Translation please - what is a "scouter"?

judging by his name EagleII scouter would mean an adult leader in the Boy Scouts of America.

Ah, the simple and logical conclusion.....and I was looking for something nefarious.

The highlight of my scouting experience from Cub - Scout - Explorer was being tapped for OA. The ceremony made a lasting impression on me.

WantsToCarry

Im New As Well!

Hello All! Im very VERY happy this group exists! Ive been looking for a way to uphold my right to carry, but the process for getting a CWP just seemed..too much. So far this site has been a huge help for being more knowledgeable about the Maine laws. Id like to attend events as much as I can. I don't feel im ready to Carry in public yet, out of being nervous. Id like to go to the events, be surrounded by others that are also Carrying, that way I feel more comfrotable with it. Just like the public needs to be.

So somethings about me, Im a fireman, I have had my hands on weapons from the age of 14. My family has a long history of service in the military, so I've been taught the right ways to handle a weapon. My father, a Vietnam Vet (2 Tours) My Grandfather (Korea) To more modern day, my brother. Who has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The way I see it, my own family, and others in this world have gone to war for my rights, and I think I should start respecting them more, and USE them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Hello All! Im very VERY happy this group exists! Ive been looking for a way to uphold my right to carry, but the process for getting a CWP just seemed..too much. So far this site has been a huge help for being more knowledgeable about the Maine laws. Id like to attend events as much as I can. I don't feel im ready to Carry in public yet, out of being nervous. Id like to go to the events, be surrounded by others that are also Carrying, that way I feel more comfrotable with it. Just like the public needs to be.

So somethings about me, Im a fireman, I have had my hands on weapons from the age of 14. My family has a long history of service in the military, so I've been taught the right ways to handle a weapon. My father, a Vietnam Vet (2 Tours) My Grandfather (Korea) To more modern day, my brother. Who has served in both Iraq and Afghanistan. The way I see it, my own family, and others in this world have gone to war for my rights, and I think I should start respecting them more, and USE them.

Welcome aboard - hope you stay, learn and contribute.

For immediate gratification follow this link:

http://maineopencarry.org/faq.html

Great group, well informed and actively working further your rights.