• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

National Open Carry Dinner Day

ChiangShih

It is their event, their permit and their time. They have been doing this for years. I know these folks, they worked hard to get CCW in Missouri. OC is just one of a whole bunch of things different folks and different groups want in relation to 2A rights. Rightfully so, I do not think they will be receptive to your request. Look at all the things on discussion sites people want changed in the Missouri Statutes. I'm not posting a laundry list, they are out there.

Well, I don't see such a clear division, I am also a CCW holder and obviously a MissouriCarry.com member. As we are all avid 2A supporters and their goals are effectively our goals, so I don't see why they wouldn't offer a short speaking section. Also, if we show up with large numbers I'm sure they'll appreciate the support. Even if you are right and they don't have time for any additional speakers, I think it is still a good day to show up in support of gun day.

mspgunner

Well, I don't see such a clear division, I am also a CCW holder and obviously a MissouriCarry.com member. As we are all avid 2A supporters and their goals are effectively our goals, so I don't see why they wouldn't offer a short speaking section. Also, if we show up with large numbers I'm sure they'll appreciate the support. Even if you are right and they don't have time for any additional speakers, I think it is still a good day to show up in support of gun day.

I agree with the last part, the more who show the better! As to the first part, once again, it is "their event". Contact them. I am not a board member, nor do I speak for The Missouri Sports Shooters Association.

Thomas Masse

It's sounds like a good idea. I wouldn't mind getting to know other sects of the Missouri open carry movement. Count me in.

mspgunner