• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guy from the phone company called me an idiot

pkbites

Weather permitting I walk 3-5 miles every day. I was open carrying my Glock 26 w/X-grip on a 17 round mag in a Blackhawk paddle holster. I was on the sidewalk near the intersection of 92nd & Bluemound in Milwaukee/Wauwatosa.

There were 4 AT&T pick up trucks parked on the street. About 6 men exited the El Fugue restaurant located on the corner. All of them were wearing AT&T polo shirts or button up shirts with the logo on them.

One of the men pointed at me and said very loudly "Look at that! What an idiot!"

I was already past them and quite a distance so turning around and walking back towards them was not the best choice. It may have been construed as a threat, and engaging someone already talking loudly may not have looked good to any witnesses. So I simply called out "Just exercising my civil liberties, pal!" and kept walking.

I'm sure his employer appreciates him calling someone names while wearing their official clothing.
And while I am no threat, (he doesn't know that), How wise is it to insult someone you know to be armed?

Who is the real idiot?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
You immediately need to call their employer. These men were wearing their uniforms as employees and were with their official vehicles.

Any chance you are an AT&T customer, also?

Aside: Maybe he is a gun-guy, too, and was referring to OC'ing such a tiny gun! :D

Last edited:
H

Herr Heckler Koch

What an amazing tension among civil rights. Mandatory recognition of the Second Amendment but not the First Amendment, on one hand, and observation of the First Amendment but not the Second Amendment on the other.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
What an amazing tension among civil rights. Mandatory recognition of the Second Amendment but not the First Amendment, on one hand, and observation of the First Amendment but not the Second Amendment on the other.

Their conduct as uniformed employees has nothing to do with the First Amendment.

Jason in WI

He was just trying to be the big man in front of five of his pals, I wouldn't let him bother you. I highly doubt he would have had the courage to open his mouth if he didn't have his buds around.

It's always funny the anti-gunners are always talking about how people shouldn't carry guns because if they get pissed off they will start shooting, then they start talking smack about those same people they think are unstable. :banghead: :shocker: :cuss:

Thanks for not shooting them! :p:lol:;):p

Last edited:

Captain Nemo

pkbites; I say this tongue in cheek because I know that you have long supported the right of personal protection and our firearm rights. I also know that you would not use it as a crutch when off duty and exercising your rights as a civilian but "Shoulda flashed your badge".

pkbites

Any chance you are an AT&T customer, also?

I got rid of AT&T about a year ago and replaced it with Magic Jack. MJ works fantastic and is less than $50 a year as compared to the $50+ a month I was paying for AT&T.

Aside: Maybe he is a gun-guy, too, and was referring to OC'ing such a tiny gun!

With the X-Grip and a holster it's difficult to know it's a sub-compact. With 17+1 rounds the only thing small about it is the barrel.

"Shoulda flashed your badge".

No, I can get in trouble at work for doing that. In fact, we were told sometime ago that if we open carry off-duty we were not to have our badges visible as it may get people to believe we're on duty when we're not.

BTW, Not that it's all that important, but I posted the wrong restaurant name. After I posted I went to work and drove past the place and it dawned on me I had given the wrong name. It's actually La Fuente

MKEgal

MAC702 said:
You immediately need to call their employer. These men were wearing their uniforms as employees and were with their official vehicles.
+1 If you're lucky, AT&T has GPS tracking of their vehicles, or the employees had to call in to report where & when they were on lunch.

Maybe he is a gun-guy, too, and was referring to OC'ing such a tiny gun!
The 26 is 6.5x4.25". Not all that small. (Though I prefer having the mag extension.)
I was wondering about using the full-size mag in the baby Glock. Doesn't that look kinda odd? It's approaching double the capacity [17 v. 10]. Do you have something around the lower part of the larger mag so it's smooth with the grip?

pkbites

I was wondering about using the full-size mag in the baby Glock. Doesn't that look kinda odd? It's approaching double the capacity [17 v. 10]. Do you have something around the lower part of the larger mag so it's smooth with the grip?

You guys never used an X-grip? Their simplicity at it's finest, just like a Glock. It's just a piece of rubber that slides over a higher capacity mag and becomes part of the grip. It turns the baby G into a high capacity pistol with a full size grip. Absolutely no tools required. Takes less than a second to install.

When the weapon is in a holster an untrained eye does not notice it much. Just looks like a full size pistol. Great for open carry. Concealed carry I put the small 10 rounder back in and put the pistol in a jacket pocket.

If carrying an upholstered Glock in a pocket concerns you, check out the Siderlock safety. I installed one on my 26 and it works excellent. Great for pocket carry.

MKEgal

pkbites said:
You guys never used an X-grip?
Nope.
Mostly because
a) I haven't heard of it before
and b) I've never had my full-size G.40 & my baby G.40 at the same time to swap mags (long story), & I don't have a baby G9mm to swap mags with my full-size G9mm.

We'll have to get together for coffee or lunch sometime so I can see what it looks like "on".
I know this nice little coffee shop near St. Joe's hospital... :rolleyes:

If carrying an upholstered Glock in a pocket concerns you...
LOL!!! :D :rolleyes:
I know what you meant, but the typo gives an interesting mental image.
Would certainly be more comfortable than those :cuss: gen4 grips.

TyGuy

To me the biggest printing issue with the G26 is the grip, so using an X grip makes it print like a 17, without the longer sigth radius, a lose lose IMHO.

DocWalker

You know it doesn't always have to be about the size, what matters more is how you use it.....

I have seen people shot with a 45 that didn't have as much trouble clinging to this earth as someone shot with a 22 that hit just the right spot in the body.

TyGuy

I agree, but why print as much as a larger firearm with a smaller one?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Open carry is legal in Wisconsin and ineffectively concealed printing carry is licensed in Wisconsin. Don't give the gun controllers from the right and the left any new ideas on control.

KYGlockster

Activist Member
You know it doesn't always have to be about the size, what matters more is how you use it.....

I have always been told that statement is incorrect! Haha.

ATT does have gps tracking in their vehicles, however it keeps track of speed, location(keeps you within a certain range, and if you go outside of it, it sends a message), how long your vehicle is stationary. If you call and inform them you were called an idiot, they can determine who it was by simply asking their emoyees. I doubt their system records vehicle information 24/7, because that is a very costly system. The system sends emails whenever the vehicle does something they have it programmed to inform them of. If they stayed at the resteraunt for more than 30 mins., then I would say an email was sent and they could track it that way. However that is his opinion, and he is entitled to it. When I used to work for the state of Ky, people would call in on us for things we did not even do, and if it wasn't for witnesses(fellow employees), we would have been reprimanded. So you don't wanna be the reason this guy loses his job, especially in*such uncertain times. JMO, not that you was going to do so. Thank you for being an Leo who actually cares about our constitution!

TyGuy

Last post them I'm out, to keep the thread from derailing.

Yes, I prefer OC, but sometimes being discreet is the order of the day, so I choose CC. Or perhaps I will be carrying in another state where printing is an issue. My point is, why choose a smaller firearm, slap crap on it making it print just as poorly as a larger firearm while not getting the benefit of a longer sight radius? The barrel length isn't usually an issue as that goes inside my pants anyway (using a Crossbreed supertuck deluxe). It's the grip that causes me any printing grief, and putting that extension on a 26 gives it essentially the same grip as the 17 with a shorter sight radius and increased recoil, read harder follow up shots. It doesn't make sense to me. If you want the fullsize then go with it and enjoy the benefits.

Anyway, I'm outtie. We can discuss this elsewhwere if desired.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
... However that is his opinion, and he is entitled to it. When I used to work for the state of Ky, people would call in on us for things we did not even do, and if it wasn't for witnesses(fellow employees), we would have been reprimanded. So you don't wanna be the reason this guy loses his job, especially in*such uncertain times. ...

When wearing your company uniform next to your company truck "your" opinion is now your company's opinion.

IF he received any reprimand, it wouldn't be the fault of the victim of the insult, but rather of the person doing the insulting.

And if the reprimand included a firing, it would probably be because of a pattern of behavior and not a single incident. Indeed, this should be on his record to determine if such a pattern exists.

There is no excuse for his insulting behavior to another legal adult that chooses to exercise more personal responsibility than he does.

Had I been called an idiot, his firing wouldn't bother me at all. Insults come from bullies and ********, and I've little tolerance for either.