• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Louis Side O.C. Meeting?

HighFlyingA380

Well, after missing yesterday's K.C. side meeting and the awesomeness of HB 436, I'm getting all twitchy to get OCing again and meet ya'll.

So, ya'll wanna do something soon? Even if it's just a couple people, I'm definitely still game to meet.

smithipedia

I haven't been able to make any OC meetings yet due to my work schedule... but I would be down for an STL meeting. If we can get a date and time nailed down I should be able to get off work!! Would be great to finally meet some OCers

Big Boy

I'm supposed to be off this sat and sun (8th & 19th) and would be up for a meet.

Otherwise, if it more than a couple weeks out I could make sure that I'm off for a set date.

Last edited:

mspgunner

Sunday, May 19, 2013.

1:00pm.

1267 N. Truman Blvd., Crystal City, Missouri

We've been welcomed before @ El Cinco De Mayo Restaurant in Crystal City and had 25 OCers last time, and hope to make it even bigger and better this time!

A number of us will go to this one. Many in the STL area meet from time to time at JJ's in St. Charles, watch for it. JJs is 100% Gun/OC friendly, we've met there many times.
If your looking to "cut your teeth of OC, go there. It has a web page where you can get directions. Heck just go there many Sunday mornings and you are likely to see Pourch Dog there even if there s no meet-up. He'll be the one with the gun! I'd have another meet-up at JJs but tsince the one above was very well attended before, I'll go there. El Cino Mayo wants us back, we should go for it.

I went to a meet-up in Independence, MO. yesterday, the OCers there had never been to the place. Warm greetings and they wanted the OCers back. OC legal without a CCW is well known and widely accepted in Independence. No hassles is good. All around the State, soon it will be well known............. Aug. 28th can't come soon enough for me!

Big Boy

Awesome ill be there. I'll look it up and read the ordinances mysepf before Sunday, but is it non restricted OC in crystal city? No ccw necessary?

Sunday, May 19, 2013.

1:00pm.

1267 N. Truman Blvd., Crystal City, Missouri

We've been welcomed before @ El Cinco De Mayo Restaurant in Crystal City and had 25 OCers last time, and hope to make it even bigger and better this time!

A number of us will go to this one. Many in the STL area meet from time to time at JJ's in St. Charles, watch for it. JJs is 100% Gun/OC friendly, we've met there many times.
If your looking to "cut your teeth of OC, go there. It has a web page where you can get directions. Heck just go there many Sunday mornings and you are likely to see Pourch Dog there even if there s no meet-up. He'll be the one with the gun! I'd have another meet-up at JJs but tsince the one above was very well attended before, I'll go there. El Cino Mayo wants us back, we should go for it.

I went to a meet-up in Independence, MO. yesterday, the OCers there had never been to the place. Warm greetings and they wanted the OCers back. OC legal without a CCW is well known and widely accepted in Independence. No hassles is good. All around the State, soon it will be well known............. Aug. 28th can't come soon enough for me!

Big Boy

I'll be goin' on Sunday; Can't wait!!!

Slightly, OT, but since ya'll mentioned it... Do the new soon-to-be laws from HB 436 allow for an out-of-state CCW to be acceptable for the OC preemption?

No no no. None of that is law yet. And won't be till Aug 28th most likely.

However even if Crystal City required a ccw for OC (which it seems they don't) a out of state would work in MO.

mspgunner

However even if Crystal City required a ccw for OC (which it seems they don't) a out of state would work in MO.

Correct soem what. Yes an OOS permit that is valid in MO is OK. For now MO. accepts all OOS permits.

But NO, this is NOT preemption. Under the new law (If we get it) you must have a valid CCW or CCL to OC ina municipality that prohibits OC.
Save everyone a lot of questions and read the bill. HB436

HighFlyingA380

I know it's not law yet, that's why I called it "soon-to-be."

Correct soem what. Yes an OOS permit that is valid in MO is OK. For now MO. accepts all OOS permits.

But NO, this is NOT preemption. Under the new law (If we get it) you must have a valid CCW or CCL to OC ina municipality that prohibits OC.
Save everyone a lot of questions and read the bill. HB436
I now MO has reciprocity for all states, I just didn't see anywhere that said ti applies to OC and not just CCW. I did read 436, but I'm not too good at deciphering "lawyer speak." Makes me feel... like... :banghead::eek: I know it's not gonna be total OC preemption; I guess partial-preemption would be more accurate.

Richieg150

I now MO has reciprocity for all states, I just didn't see anywhere that said ti applies to OC and not just CCW. I did read 436, but I'm not too good at deciphering "lawyer speak." Makes me feel... like... :banghead::eek: I know it's not gonna be total OC preemption; I guess partial-preemption would be more accurate.

States that DONT honor Missouri CCW permits,current 5/6/13-California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands.

HighFlyingA380

States that DONT honor Missouri CCW permits,current 5/6/13-California, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Guam, Hawaii, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, New York City, Oregon, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Virgin Islands, Wisconsin, American Samoa, Illinois, N. Mariana Islands.
Sorry, that's a mistake on my part. (I suppose I outta stop posting when I'm half asleep and exhausted.) I didn't mean reciprocity, I meant that MO honors all other stats' permits. Sorry 'bout that ya'll.

Broondog

hmmm, a meet up in my neighborhood ehh? nice! i'll see what i can do about making a short lived appearance at El Cinco de Mayo. i work in Herculaneum at 2pm that day so i should be able to swing by for a minute or two.

BTW, i OC frequently in the Festus/Crystal City area and have never had any problems.

Read 2 A copied below very carefully.

) In any jurisdiction in which open carry of firearms is prohibited by ordinance, open carry of a firearm shall not be prohibited in accordance with the following:

(a) Any person with a valid concealed carry endorsement who is open carrying a firearm shall be required to have a valid concealed carry endorsement from this state or a permit from another state permit which is recognized by this state in his or her possession at all times;

(b) The open carrying of a firearm shall be limited to a firearm sixteen inches or less in overall length;

(c) Any person open carrying a firearm in such jurisdiction shall display his or her concealed carry endorsement upon demand of a law enforcement officer;

(d) In the absence of any reasonable and articulable suspicion of criminal activity, no person carrying a concealed or unconcealed handgun shall be disarmed or physically restrained by a law enforcement officer unless under arrest; and

(e) Any person who violates this subdivision shall be subject to the penalty provided in section 571.121.

mspgunner

FYI - about the effective date:
They are incorrect – you are right – August 28th.

However they may have meant to say that if Nixon does not sign nor veto, it becomes law automatically after 45 days (should be July 1st), but still is not effective until August 28th.

If there is a veto, the veto override session will begin September 11th. If the vetoed bill is overridden, it would become effective immediately since that would be after the August 28th date.

Also, we worded the OC amendment very carefully. I know it could be better (premption would have taken care of it) but this was a back up bill in case preemption did not go the distance, and it didn't even come close. This bill was written to aviod the whole thing from going no where! I know it is restrictive but if this would not have been there to discourage the anti-OC crowd we would have gotten nothing, zilch, zip, nodda!

For those that wish to seek more, next year is a perfect time to do it. Preemption or constitutional carry may well be in site, some one else is going to have to do it. After the session ends and the smoke clears... fall would be a good time to seek out a legislator to spear head the effort. One of you folks (in a team approach) would have to start working on wording. Be very careful, do your home work and word it correctly, it is more difficult then it seems. Look at other State laws, don't just send in a first draft, get opinions fromothers and be careful NOT to post it here no matter what you propose. Work in the back ground until the bill is public, trust me!

Read 2 A copied below very carefully.

) In any jurisdiction in which open carry of firearms is prohibited by ordinance, open carry of a firearm shall not be prohibited in accordance with the following:

(a) Any person with a valid concealed carry endorsement who is open carrying a firearm shall be required to have a valid concealed carry endorsement from this state or a permit from another state permit which is recognized by this state in his or her possession at all times;

(b) The open carrying of a firearm shall be limited to a firearm sixteen inches or less in overall length;

(c) Any person open carrying a firearm in such jurisdiction shall display his or her concealed carry endorsement upon demand of a law enforcement officer;

(d) In the absence of any reasonable and articulable suspicion of criminal activity, no person carrying a concealed or unconcealed handgun shall be disarmed or physically restrained by a law enforcement officer unless under arrest; and

(e) Any person who violates this subdivision shall be subject to the penalty provided in section 571.121.

pmccurjr

I would be interested in making the journey to east side for the meet. I would be also willing to transport another west sider or two.

angrychair

i might actually be able to make it to this, I live in the area not sure what time I have to work that day, I'm thinking its an evening schedule for me!

Turbo v6 camaro

Hello

I just moved to Festus last year and have been lurking for a while, I would like to attend but i do not own a Pistol. Do you guys guys mind if I come out anyway? I don't think I can/want to OC my AR-10 LOL :p

Also I have about 100 Yards on my property to target practice after if anyone wants to drop by and do that. (I'm literally 5-7 minutes from the meet spot, about 6-7 miles.

Also I have been told many times that OC was not okay in CC and was fine in Festus, did that change and people just don't know?

A little about me

did 6 years Air Force, was a comm troop (3C-2) now work as gov contractor.
always around shot guns and rifles since I can remember,
NRA member
4 dogs
Worlds Worst speller awarded for past 25 years LOL
Do Photography on the side as a hobby
Also like drag racing but my car has been OOC for 4+ years :(

Last edited: