• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Home invasion in Fayetteville - Soldier shot to death

razor_baghdad

Even though this is not directly OC related, this story speaks to "carry" in the home. If you own a firearm, keep it close and keep it loaded (children dependent) Protect your family if at all possible.

http://fayobserver.com/articles/2013/10/08/1288082?sac=fo.local

Wells' wife initially called police to report the shooting. The first minutes of the eight-minute-long tape are the 911 dispatcher attempting to calm the hysterical woman.

"Somebody broke into my house and then they were asking for money and I think they killed my husband," she said through audible sobs.

The woman said the family was inside their living room when the men, dressed in black, entered the home.

She and the couple's 4-year-old son were moved to a different part of the home and she heard the shooting.

RIP SFC Wells.

solus

OpSec

Regardless of the soldiers decorations, it is a shame his life was taken from him and his loved ones. RIP

papa bear

sorry, but no matter what the news reports this shouldn't be classified as a home invasion if ...

"Authorities have not commented on a motive for the shooting but said it does not appear to be random.

"We believe there was some type of relationship between the suspects and the family..."
http://www.wral.com/bragg-soldier-killed-in-west-fayetteville-home-invasion-two-sought/12970718/

tho looking at the soldier's decorations, it is a shame he passed...

ipse.

why would we believe or care anything the "authorities" say? just because they may have known their attackers does it make it any less tragic then it is. i know the so called "authorities" in the Fayetteville area are very lazy. if this is solved it will be a miracle

davidmcbeth

Banned
Shame to see the pointless crime, taking someones life for some cash for drug money.

Perhaps drug related ... (although I did not see anything specific about this but it would fit the known facts) ...

It is a shame...our war on drugs casualty perhaps.