• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Printing question

Mikhail Kalashnikov

Hey guys, first post. I am getting a Sig P220 soon here, and I plan on just getting an OWB (SafariLand ALS concealment holster, to be specific), and I am planning to mostly OC it, but when I don't, I'm going to let my shirt hang over it, once I get my CCW permit of course. With that method, it'll most likely print. Will this be much of a problem? I imagine that it wouldn't since both CC and OC are allowed, but I would like to know. Thanks!

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Most folks will not even notice that you have a bulge under your shirt, let alone think OMGIT'SAGUN!!

I am probably one of the more paranoid folks still allowed to walk by myself, and with the proliferation of smart phones that are clipped to belts it is almost becoming difficult to tell the difference between a phone and a gun.

Besides, you aren't breaking any laws, are you? Why try to be furtive and bring attention to yourself? The WallyWorld Walk was "invented" to help folks get over that awkward feeling - you might want to try it for yourself. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/texas-concealed-handgun-chl-sponsored-double-action-chl/11548-1st-time-concealed-carry-walmart-walk.html

stay safe.

jbone

Seems all my shirts have shrunk a tad over the last few years, and printing is just not a big deal anymore with me! After all have you seen the people of Wal-Mart Power Point’s :eek:, my printing appears far less threatening.

Mikhail Kalashnikov

Thanks for the responses, guys!

Most folks will not even notice that you have a bulge under your shirt, let alone think OMGIT'SAGUN!!

I am probably one of the more paranoid folks still allowed to walk by myself, and with the proliferation of smart phones that are clipped to belts it is almost becoming difficult to tell the difference between a phone and a gun.

Besides, you aren't breaking any laws, are you? Why try to be furtive and bring attention to yourself? The WallyWorld Walk was "invented" to help folks get over that awkward feeling - you might want to try it for yourself. http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/texas-concealed-handgun-chl-sponsored-double-action-chl/11548-1st-time-concealed-carry-walmart-walk.html

stay safe.
Lol, I've heard about the WallyWorld Walk and I am looking forward to it, despite my immense dislike for the place. And I just wanted to be sure no laws were being broken by printing. I've read of some places that must be one or the other.
Seems all my shirts have shrunk a tad over the last few years, and printing is just not a big deal anymore with me! After all have you seen the people of Wal-Mart Power Point’s :eek:, my printing appears far less threatening.
Sorry to hear about your shrinking shirts, man. It's that made in China stuff, isn't it? :p

chiefjason

I don't sweat printing when I CC. A few times I should have just OC'd I was printing so badly. I decided to wear a new shirt with an OWB holster one day. I did not realize that the material was so thin it would not drape over the gun. You could probably tell what gun I was carrying it was so bad. My wife and I walked into Chic-fil-a, and there were 6 NCSHP officers in the back. I had their undivided attention till they left, lol. Nobody said a word though.

Mikhail Kalashnikov

I don't sweat printing when I CC. A few times I should have just OC'd I was printing so badly. I decided to wear a new shirt with an OWB holster one day. I did not realize that the material was so thin it would not drape over the gun. You could probably tell what gun I was carrying it was so bad. My wife and I walked into Chic-fil-a, and there were 6 NCSHP officers in the back. I had their undivided attention till they left, lol. Nobody said a word though.

Haha, that's exactly what I want to hear. I just wanted to make sure that having some holster sticking out the bottom, or the grip poking out a little, wouldn't be an issue.

Kivuli

I guarantee you that your average Joe isn't even going to look at you, much less notice you have something poking your shirt out near your hip. We as humans tend to view ourselves ever so much more harshly than our fellow man/woman simply because we are completely aware of ourselves at all times. Think of it this way: when you pass someone on the street, in a store, at the DMV, etc., do you give them any more concern than a quick scan to assess their threat level to you? Didn't think so. The vast majority of people out there don't even do that much to you. They don't know you, so you're a non-entity. You're not actively threatening them, so they don't even consider you. They may briefly make eye contact with you, but if you watch carefully they'll usually look away as soon as they do. Only the rare exception will continue to stare at you if you do the same to them. It's a holdover from way back when dominance was a matter of life and death rather than who gets to be first in line.

TL;DR - Relax. No one's looking!

O wad some pow'r the giftie gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us... - Bobbie Burns