• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Who the hell are the Virginians for Responsible Gun Laws?

2a4all

Whoever they are, I learned of them while reading my morning paper (Daily Press). Damn near choked on my coffee. They weren't hard to see, as they'd paid for a half-page ad (in large, blue letters) proclaiming their stance as Pro 2A and Pro Common Sense.

Their ad, claiming that "...common sense isn't so common anymore... ...especially down in Richmond..." (emphasis added), urges the reader to oppose SB 324 & SB 612 and to call Sen Norment to let him know of your stance.

They can be found at http://www.facebook.com/VARGL

They have a petition on their facebook page, which so far carries the signatures of Lori Haas, Josh Horwitz and Omar Samaha, among others.

Their stated goal is 10,000 signatures. As of this posting, they have 15.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Whoever they are, I learned of them while reading my morning paper (Daily Press). Damn near choked on my coffee. They weren't hard to see, as they'd paid for a half-page ad (in large, blue letters) proclaiming their stance as Pro 2A and Pro Common Sense.

Their ad, claiming that "...common sense isn't so common anymore... ...especially down in Richmond..." (emphasis added), urges the reader to oppose SB 324 & SB 612 and to call Sen Norment to let him know of your stance.

They can be found at http://www.facebook.com/VARGL

Never heard of them....SB324 is a good bill but 612 sucks.

Whoever they are, they aren't registered Principals.

Last edited:

TFred

Click on the "Wall" tab (http://www.facebook.com/VARGL?sk=wall) and write all the comments you want. I wouldn't bother, the legislative session will be long over before this crowd get a thousand of their 10,000 goal.
Oh brother... there the go with the "disastrous consequences" again... just like the disastrous consequences they cried about with concealed carry in restaurants...

Don't they know people can remember these things? "WOLF! WOLF!!!"

TFred

p.publius

I was just banned

I was working on posting this: SB 612 - Would allow individuals to purchase rifles and shotguns without going through a state background check. True, but the law is intended to remove the burden of these background checks from the Virginia state police and put it back where it belongs, at the federal level. It is a federal law, after all, that requires background checks. This law would NOT eliminate background checks, and may make it harder to get a long gun because of the length of time the federal background checks take to perform.

When my wall posts were removed and I was banned from posting. :D

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
Sixteen signatures so far. WOW! This thing could go viral any minute!

Actually, this turkey is a non-event, which shows that most Virginians are not "outraged" by our gun laws and don't want to sign the silly petition.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate

Actually, this turkey is a non-event, which shows that most Virginians are not "outraged" by our gun laws and don't want to sign the silly petition.

That Group is Lori Haas and the three Stooges. Goddard and Horiwitz
smile3.jpg

And I'm delighted to say that I'm not the only one that doesn't want the Feds involved in our business..612 is done for the year:banana:

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate

I AM outraged! :cuss:

That outrageous "brandishing" statute, for example, has GOT TO GO!

paramedic70002

I was working on posting this: SB 612 - Would allow individuals to purchase rifles and shotguns without going through a state background check. True, but the law is intended to remove the burden of these background checks from the Virginia state police and put it back where it belongs, at the federal level. It is a federal law, after all, that requires background checks. This law would NOT eliminate background checks, and may make it harder to get a long gun because of the length of time the federal background checks take to perform.

When my wall posts were removed and I was banned from posting. :D

SOP for antis. At least Brady's FB only disallowed me to comment but still lets me read.

Felix

Five days and they have 44 signatures out of a goal of 10,000 and five of those don't even think enough of the petition to sign their name. And I wonder how many of the signatures are even real?

A failed social experiment.

Felix

"responsible gun laws" is a term coined and used by the other side.

Yea, original thinking doesn't seem to be this crowd's hallmark. They ripped off a version of "Guns Save Lives" as well, didn't they?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Yea, original thinking doesn't seem to be this crowd's hallmark. They ripped off a version of "Guns Save Lives" as well, didn't they?

This group is bad about copying VCDL symbols and slogans Felix.

This is from a hearing in the City of Richmond several years ago. Look closely and you can see an orange circle. I think it said People Save lives.

ccsadlittle.jpg

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
This group is bad about copying VCDL symbols and slogans Felix.

This is from a hearing in the City of Richmond several years ago. Look closely and you can see an orange circle. I think it said People Save lives.

ccsadlittle.jpg

Of course they want to copy the best...out stickers are quite popular:D

Why does he have that face in every picture I have seen of him? That must be his look of defeat.

Last edited:

IanB

I just signed the petition!! YAY ME!!

Why is the Euro sign all over the place in the text? You guys should really review your copy/paste job before pressing the "post" button. BTW, care to spell out these "responsible" gun laws? Last question: How many shell organizations does this make for you guys (anti-rights crowd) in Virginia? 6 or 7 at least, right? If you keep this up you'll have more shell groups than actual members! Or have you passed that benchmark already?

Felix

I just signed the petition!! YAY ME!!

I won't be signing their petition, even in protest. No way do I want my name associated with this bunch. And I sure don't want to add even "1" to their petition count!

BTW, what's up with that Arizona large magazine comment PVC is making on the YouTube link Peter Nap posted? That's a stretch even for our group. As I recall the interviews with the elderly lady, she said the gunman had already been tackled by two men and she grabbed the magazine [as] he was trying to get it out of his pocket before he was fully subdued. Helpful, yes, but not the pivotal action.

Last edited:

The Wolfhound

Oh, yeah very pro-2A

By definition one cannot be "pro Second Ammendment" unless one supports the wording therein. SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED! Lies and smokescreen to make them seem mainstream instead of way out leftist. There cannot be any gun laws, common sense or otherwise, that limit anything regarding arms without dumping on the Second Ammendment. Send these clowns some red noses and giant shoes so people will not be confused by their appearance.:cuss: