• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New to Oregon, Klamath Area

kashmirsmp

I recently moved to OR from California, but before that I lived in AZ and was able to OC and then CC with the Constitutional Carry law. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experiances in Klamath Falls while OC'ing. I have 60 more days until I am a resident and can get my CHL, so I am stuck with OC until then.

hermannr

I recently moved to OR from California, but before that I lived in AZ and was able to OC and then CC with the Constitutional Carry law. Just wondering if anyone else has had any experiances in Klamath Falls while OC'ing. I have 60 more days until I am a resident and can get my CHL, so I am stuck with OC until then.

Why do you say "stuck"? Loaded OC is perfectly acceptable....you are not in California any more. The OR Law is ORS 166. Prohibitions to concealed carry are in ORS 166.250 Of which (3) specifically states that a pistol carried openly in a holster on you hip is not concealed...and ORS 166.260 which name the exemptions to the prohibitions in .250.

One other section you should pay attention to is ORS 166.173. .173 does not effect you in Klamath county, but should you go to Portland or Salem (and a few other places) it is good to know.

kashmirsmp

I am not saying stuck like it is a bad thing, I OC'd in AZ for almost 2 years before the Constitutional Carry law was passed, and never had any problems with it. I just prefer CC, that's all. I have read many of the laws Re: OC in OR, but I was wondering how reaction and interactions in K. Falls has been. So far I love the gun laws and the ways things are here.

hermannr

I am not saying stuck like it is a bad thing, I OC'd in AZ for almost 2 years before the Constitutional Carry law was passed, and never had any problems with it. I just prefer CC, that's all. I have read many of the laws Re: OC in OR, but I was wondering how reaction and interactions in K. Falls has been. So far I love the gun laws and the ways things are here.

I haven't been down in the Klamath area for quite awhile, but I don't remember anyone complaining about the area. I have a license to conceal, but normally don't, except when the weather is too cold and I need a coat....I do not like conceal, never have.